35854 replies to this topic

#35781 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:54 PM

Willing to give it up to 33780, having said that, the trading (profit) range has narrowed drastically now - everyone on lunch?

Going long on J200 (+- 100 points possible). Let us see.... <edit tight tight stop>

From your perspective, Lekkerry is faceless and to a degree nameless, so any opinions expressed are just that, opinions from someone on the Internet  :D

#35782 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:53 PM

Going long on J200 (+- 100 points possible). Let us see.... <edit tight tight stop>

Looks like it is going to trend to the right......will see

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#35783 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:46 PM

Edited by Lekkerry, 05 April 2013 - 02:47 PM.

From your perspective, Lekkerry is faceless and to a degree nameless, so any opinions expressed are just that, opinions from someone on the Internet  :D

#35784 Moneypenny

Moneypenny

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:40 PM

Quick profit on spike, all done for now - have a good weekend all.

#35785 100ways

100ways

• Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:40 PM

Thanks for the heads up Plasma and recooped all losses today :)  :)  :) :)  

#35786 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:39 PM

It will go up again, just not yet (and if you following Argento's insights - his insights were valid that day, that hour that moment of posting it). Things happen and patterns form every moment of the markets being open. 

Guys (and ladies?) I am really feeling for every trade going south (including mine when I don't listen to myself), but there comes a time when we need to realise, the markets are very very dynamic and does not tend to care about how optimistic you may be (or how endearing your situation).

Am I preaching? ...

Nope, it is reality check.

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#35787 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:38 PM

Closed at 33830....

Great that you got that one!!

#35788 100ways

100ways

• Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:37 PM

Closed at 33830....

#35789 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:36 PM

It will go up again, just not yet (and if you following Argento's insights - his insights were valid that day, that hour that moment of posting it). Things happen and patterns form every moment of the markets being open. 

Guys (and ladies?) I am really feeling for every trade going south (including mine when I don't listen to myself), but there comes a time when we need to realise, the markets are very very dynamic and does not tend to care about how optimistic you may be (or how endearing your situation).

Am I preaching? ...

I think the Long feeling is one of "it must go up again.... we are more the 2 000 points down since middle march".

Me going to trade what I see....

#35790 100ways

100ways

• Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:31 PM

Entered short ALSI Micro short 33967.....

#35791 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:26 PM

I think the Long feeling is one of "it must go up again.... we are more the 2 000 points down since middle march".

Me going to trade what I see....

#35792 100ways

100ways

• Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:23 PM

Just took a 50 point knock.... Will keep an eye on the US Data and see.... :(

#35793 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:20 PM

Looking at my system, unless you are glued to your screen, there was no further indications to trade on anything more than a breath of wind, barring entering a short at 09:15 this AM (that short is then also busy winding down now).

Anything else (IMO) i.e. US news positive (or negative) is pure speculation. You might get a spike on the moment of the news, but nothing is pointing to a confirmed intraday trade (be it long or short). Am I missing something, why some would contemplate a long (you have a 50 / 50 chance of being right - not good enough in this market).

#35794 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:15 PM

You learn, you move on. Now back to trading me says!

:)

Thanks for the advice. Reality is a hard pill to swallow...

#35795 zoner

zoner

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:11 PM

Plasma, actually it is very simple. Zoner, may I use your experience now with your longs as an example?

DO NOT TRADE ON YOUR HOPES, NEEDS OR OPTIMISMS. And more importantly, never trade revenge trades. Losing trades are that: losing trades. Your aim with your next trade is not to make up for your losses, your aim is to make a profit. Trade by your system and with your mechanisms. If you have a losing trade, and your trading regime dictates a counter-the-losing-trade-trend, by all means, trade it. If you have a off day, take a breather for a couple of days and sit-out and watch. It is a good thing to stay in touch with trends, but don't put money on the deck. --- If you ignore these points, you are gambling.. Finnish and klaar!

Thanks for the advice. Reality is a hard pill to swallow...

Paranoid Android

#35796 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:05 PM

I have just gone long on Micro ALSI at 34024....

I would have finger on the button if US data is negative.....

#35797 100ways

100ways

• Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:58 PM

I have just gone long on Micro ALSI at 34024....

#35798 Moneypenny

Moneypenny

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:53 PM

Honestly, I've expected a bit of green by now, hopefully non-farm will kick markets back into submission. :huh:

#35799 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:42 PM

Seems like we are now oscillating around 34 000 IGM.

Next set of US data @ 1430 again. Reported that investors are a bit jittery. Will wait for outcome.

Pipman, you okay?

#35800 Noob

Noob

• PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:51 AM

I stay away from the forum for one day and it completely changes :)

I like running with the bulls :)

When aiming for the Moon, aim for the stars then you won't miss the Moon.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting