35841 replies to this topic

#35761 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:15 PM

Wow, that much already? Wish I had the conviction to enter a short to it!  B)

Well, that was my intention @ 36 500. However, never got to do it. Was going to buy a BIG short.

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#35762 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:09 PM

Wow, that much already? Wish I had the conviction to enter a short to it!  B)

Market has gone down roughly 7,5%. Another bit to 10% is not to much to ask.....

From your perspective, Lekkerry is faceless and to a degree nameless, so any opinions expressed are just that, opinions from someone on the Internet  :D

#35763 Pipman

Pipman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:08 PM

Seems like we are now oscillating around 34 000 IGM.Next set of US data @ 1430 again. Reported that investors are a bit jittery. Will wait for outcome.Pipman, you okay?

Hey Plasma
Thankfully, I exited the 2 longs immediately after the IGM pre open adjustment this morning. Still took a loss however, but just before 2pm went short on anticipated bad US employment data.
I closed a few points up and don't intend subjecting myself to anymore stress with the weekend coming up.

Got an SMS from Argento late yesterday afternoon saying he was traveling back from Mozambique today.
Hope he isn't sitting with a heap of puts.
Mind you, he made a killing Tues thru Thurs.

@Lekkerry
Thanks for that sagely advice.
I think for quite a few of us, we sometimes don't see a clearly defined call and just want to be in a trade for the sake of a "bit of action".
For me this is the case, being impulsive and also having a bit of an addictive nature ( nothing worse than that feeling of being left out).
Clearly dangerous traits, so from Monday I resolve to be more disciplined in my trading .... Lol ... Ok we'll see.
To help a few of us along and also for interest's sake, when you open a trade (or close it), would you post the action on SChat ?
Thanks

#35764 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:08 PM

If for now other reason, next big support is 800 (33200-level) points down... Makes me wonder...

Market has gone down roughly 7,5%. Another bit to 10% is not to much to ask.....

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#35765 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:04 PM

If for now other reason, next big support is 800 (33200-level) points down... Makes me wonder...

From your perspective, Lekkerry is faceless and to a degree nameless, so any opinions expressed are just that, opinions from someone on the Internet  :D

#35766 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:59 PM

Nope... Not correct.

Bye!

Going long on J200 (+- 100 points possible). Let us see.... <edit tight tight stop>

#35767 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:56 PM

Willing to give it up to 33780, having said that, the trading (profit) range has narrowed drastically now - everyone on lunch?

Nope, picking up the pieces....

#35768 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:54 PM

Willing to give it up to 33780, having said that, the trading (profit) range has narrowed drastically now - everyone on lunch?

Going long on J200 (+- 100 points possible). Let us see.... <edit tight tight stop>

#35769 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:53 PM

Looks like it is going to trend to the right......will see

#35770 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:46 PM

Edited by Lekkerry, 05 April 2013 - 02:47 PM.

#35771 Moneypenny

Moneypenny

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:40 PM

Quick profit on spike, all done for now - have a good weekend all.

#35772 100ways

100ways

• Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:40 PM

Thanks for the heads up Plasma and recooped all losses today :)  :)  :) :)  

#35773 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:39 PM

It will go up again, just not yet (and if you following Argento's insights - his insights were valid that day, that hour that moment of posting it). Things happen and patterns form every moment of the markets being open. 

Guys (and ladies?) I am really feeling for every trade going south (including mine when I don't listen to myself), but there comes a time when we need to realise, the markets are very very dynamic and does not tend to care about how optimistic you may be (or how endearing your situation).

Am I preaching? ...

Nope, it is reality check.

#35774 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:38 PM

Closed at 33830....

Great that you got that one!!

#35775 100ways

100ways

• Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:37 PM

Closed at 33830....

#35776 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:36 PM

It will go up again, just not yet (and if you following Argento's insights - his insights were valid that day, that hour that moment of posting it). Things happen and patterns form every moment of the markets being open. 

Guys (and ladies?) I am really feeling for every trade going south (including mine when I don't listen to myself), but there comes a time when we need to realise, the markets are very very dynamic and does not tend to care about how optimistic you may be (or how endearing your situation).

Am I preaching? ...

I think the Long feeling is one of "it must go up again.... we are more the 2 000 points down since middle march".

Me going to trade what I see....

#35777 100ways

100ways

• Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:31 PM

Entered short ALSI Micro short 33967.....

#35778 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:26 PM

I think the Long feeling is one of "it must go up again.... we are more the 2 000 points down since middle march".

Me going to trade what I see....

#35779 100ways

100ways

• Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:23 PM

Just took a 50 point knock.... Will keep an eye on the US Data and see.... :(

#35780 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:20 PM

Looking at my system, unless you are glued to your screen, there was no further indications to trade on anything more than a breath of wind, barring entering a short at 09:15 this AM (that short is then also busy winding down now).

Anything else (IMO) i.e. US news positive (or negative) is pure speculation. You might get a spike on the moment of the news, but nothing is pointing to a confirmed intraday trade (be it long or short). Am I missing something, why some would contemplate a long (you have a 50 / 50 chance of being right - not good enough in this market).

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting