35854 replies to this topic

#35761 Timonr

Timonr

• PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:52 PM

Alsi entered into Bear mode

For more Alsi and other charts, join here

https://www.facebook...ofastockmarket/Attached File  ALSI Double Top Probability Prediction Bearish bias 03 April 2013.png   105.29KB   124 downloads

#35762 Moonraker

Moonraker

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationGeorge

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:20 AM

5/04/13 

S&P 500 - Pullback = Buying opportunity. Monday will be a better day for ALSI, I think, unless we don't follow a likely improvement in

US.  ..

Wonder if posting videos like this is allowed ?????

#35763 AJS

AJS

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:55 PM

Attached File  South Africa 40(Daily).jpg   69.95KB   157 downloads

Classic double top...

"Trade what you see, not what you think"

#35764 saint1

saint1

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  • LocationPort Elizabeth

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:59 PM

made my first alsi trade today, the mini

almi long 34038 out at 34138 profit of r143.00 :D

#35765 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:28 PM

Sitting here and thinking: The perceived negative payroll report out of US today: it really might just keep things unpredictable. Reason being; Fed's monopoly-money has some support now to stay longer. So does that imply we can still make a push towards ALSI high in the next few weeks, just a very perhaps?

I doubt it will be anything close to next week, but easy-money really changes the landscape...

From your perspective, Lekkerry is faceless and to a degree nameless, so any opinions expressed are just that, opinions from someone on the Internet  :D

#35766 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:40 PM

Hi guys, Contago is now Forward Curve ....if not known yet

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#35767 Ninja

Ninja

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:59 PM

top 40 futures down 5% since high of 35578 

#35768 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:43 PM

Ai Pipman, margin calls aren't that bad, in-fact, at many times they relieve you from your trading worries. it does however leave you with a dent on your account - but no more stress! <-- tongue in cheek.

Don't want to be getting a margin call on a Friday evening.
....or I may be wrong.

Enjoy the weekend.

From your perspective, Lekkerry is faceless and to a degree nameless, so any opinions expressed are just that, opinions from someone on the Internet  :D

#35769 Pipman

Pipman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:31 PM

Pipman, I do at times, but please read my disclaimer signature!  :D . FWIW, I am learning plenty still and try and ignore the long term trade advice and posts at times, that (the longer term views) confuses me and makes me irresponsibly optimistic on my trades at times - which at times, profits my MM platform more than it does me!

The implication was that you never do. Sorry.

A word of caution to the IGM long overnighters.
I'd be careful post our close ( think the US is in for a smack on the back of that bad data).
Don't want to be getting a margin call on a Friday evening.
....or I may be wrong.

Enjoy the weekend.

#35770 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:31 PM

i'm picking up more longs in anticipation of next weeks oversold bounce

Flip, why are you fueling the desire to go long???

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#35771 Ninja

Ninja

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:29 PM

i'm picking up more longs in anticipation of next weeks oversold bounce

#35772 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:25 PM

Pipman, I do at times, but please read my disclaimer signature! :D . FWIW, I am learning plenty still and try and ignore the long term trade advice and posts at times, that (the longer term views) confuses me and makes me irresponsibly optimistic on my trades at times - which at times, profits my MM platform more than it does me!

Interesting that you have said that, ie the confusing part. On an intraday basis, it has worked against me on IGM. But ito warrants, has helped a lot. So by the way, the TOPDWA wave has been knocked out yesterday. Got out of that one on Tuesday morning.

Edited by Plasma, 05 April 2013 - 03:27 PM.

#35773 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:19 PM

Pipman, I do at times, but please read my disclaimer signature!  :D . FWIW, I am learning plenty still and try and ignore the long term trade advice and posts at times, that (the longer term views) confuses me and makes me irresponsibly optimistic on my trades at times - which at times, profits my MM platform more than it does me!

Hey Plasma
Thankfully, I exited the 2 longs immediately after the IGM pre open adjustment this morning. Still took a loss however, but just before 2pm went short on anticipated bad US employment data.
I closed a few points up and don't intend subjecting myself to anymore stress with the weekend coming up.

Got an SMS from Argento late yesterday afternoon saying he was traveling back from Mozambique today.
Hope he isn't sitting with a heap of puts.
Mind you, he made a killing Tues thru Thurs.

@Lekkerry
Thanks for that sagely advice.
I think for quite a few of us, we sometimes don't see a clearly defined call and just want to be in a trade for the sake of a "bit of action".
For me this is the case, being impulsive and also having a bit of an addictive nature ( nothing worse than that feeling of being left out).
Clearly dangerous traits, so from Monday I resolve to be more disciplined in my trading .... Lol ... Ok we'll see.
To help a few of us along and also for interest's sake, when you open a trade (or close it), would you post the action on SChat ?
Thanks

#35774 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:15 PM

Wow, that much already? Wish I had the conviction to enter a short to it!  B)

Well, that was my intention @ 36 500. However, never got to do it. Was going to buy a BIG short.

#35775 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:09 PM

Wow, that much already? Wish I had the conviction to enter a short to it!  B)

Market has gone down roughly 7,5%. Another bit to 10% is not to much to ask.....

#35776 Pipman

Pipman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:08 PM

Seems like we are now oscillating around 34 000 IGM.Next set of US data @ 1430 again. Reported that investors are a bit jittery. Will wait for outcome.Pipman, you okay?

Hey Plasma
Thankfully, I exited the 2 longs immediately after the IGM pre open adjustment this morning. Still took a loss however, but just before 2pm went short on anticipated bad US employment data.
I closed a few points up and don't intend subjecting myself to anymore stress with the weekend coming up.

Got an SMS from Argento late yesterday afternoon saying he was traveling back from Mozambique today.
Hope he isn't sitting with a heap of puts.
Mind you, he made a killing Tues thru Thurs.

@Lekkerry
Thanks for that sagely advice.
I think for quite a few of us, we sometimes don't see a clearly defined call and just want to be in a trade for the sake of a "bit of action".
For me this is the case, being impulsive and also having a bit of an addictive nature ( nothing worse than that feeling of being left out).
Clearly dangerous traits, so from Monday I resolve to be more disciplined in my trading .... Lol ... Ok we'll see.
To help a few of us along and also for interest's sake, when you open a trade (or close it), would you post the action on SChat ?
Thanks

#35777 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:08 PM

If for now other reason, next big support is 800 (33200-level) points down... Makes me wonder...

Market has gone down roughly 7,5%. Another bit to 10% is not to much to ask.....

#35778 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:04 PM

If for now other reason, next big support is 800 (33200-level) points down... Makes me wonder...

#35779 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:59 PM

Nope... Not correct.

Bye!

Going long on J200 (+- 100 points possible). Let us see.... <edit tight tight stop>

#35780 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:56 PM

Willing to give it up to 33780, having said that, the trading (profit) range has narrowed drastically now - everyone on lunch?

Nope, picking up the pieces....

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting