"Never never never give up!"

#11802 gannet

gannet

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 01:52 PM

Gap should close a bit more but mr market did yesterday what she does best, took out a lot of shorts...should now be ready to resume the move down!

Dr copper saying this bull is not lekke! -_-

A

Great calls A!!

#11803 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:55 AM

Good call once again Argento.... ;)

Thanks RorB

A

#11804 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:51 AM

ah, thanks Argento,  just read this now:

www.investing.com/news/commodities-news/copepr-prices-plunge-in-asia-with-sell-off-above-4-323348

;)

A

#11805 OceanWalz

OceanWalz

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • LocationJHB

Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:41 AM

Gap should close a bit more but mr market did yesterday what she does best, took out a lot of shorts...should now be ready to resume the move down!

A

ah, thanks Argento,  just read this now:

www.investing.com/news/commodities-news/copepr-prices-plunge-in-asia-with-sell-off-above-4-323348

#11806 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:42 AM

actually am wary I my T40F's Shorts might be whipped by market going UP! 

A

#11807 REDorBLACK

REDorBLACK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:41 AM

that maybe the case for a day trader....but the bigger picture is still heavily bearish

#11808 OceanWalz

OceanWalz

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • LocationJHB

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:38 AM

awfully quiet in here...i suspect some longs were caught with their pants down :P

#11809 REDorBLACK

REDorBLACK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:22 AM

awfully quiet in here...i suspect some longs were caught with their pants down :P

#11810 Django

Django

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 09:15 PM

Lol Red 😂😜 I typed that when S&P was 0.50% green wow.... My words weren't cold. Massive gap down tomorrow and if your long and we somehow cover that gap I'd look to get out, serious pain ahead for longs. Trade safe and be prosperous.

#11811 AJS

AJS

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 13 January 2015 - 09:13 PM

Sums it up...

Attached File  q1wfdd.jpg.jpg   37.92KB   34 downloads

"Trade what you see, not what you think"

#11812 AJS

AJS

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 13 January 2015 - 09:00 PM

Indeed good. Experience and loads of chart-studying talking there.

"Trade what you see, not what you think"

#11813 REDorBLACK

REDorBLACK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:55 PM

You don't want to be long trust me...VIX is high so markets are very volatile with big moves and is usually more bearish action than bullish!

Watch down below later this week....me thinks US going to sell off tonight!

A

#11814 REDorBLACK

REDorBLACK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:37 PM

Id be very careful, U.S looking like a bit of a reversal. Will see where they close. VIX near 20 very volatile action on markets big moves up and down. My sentiment is Bearish we can move up but larger move coming down. I'm short and holding. Very interesting 5days ahead.

yeah..id take a quick look at the S&P before deciding :ph34r:

#11815 Django

Django

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:29 PM

Id be very careful, U.S looking like a bit of a reversal. Will see where they close. VIX near 20 very volatile action on markets big moves up and down. My sentiment is Bearish we can move up but larger move coming down. I'm short and holding. Very interesting 5days ahead.

#11816 strydomk

strydomk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:15 PM

Yes. IG. Moved up 250 points already.

#11817 REDorBLACK

REDorBLACK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:07 PM

Market down 530 points since the close. Seems like a no brainer long. Hope I'm right.

IG?

#11818 strydomk

strydomk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 07:45 PM

Market down 530 points since the close. Seems like a no brainer long. Hope I'm right.

#11819 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 13 January 2015 - 07:10 PM

For the Bears out there for Mercenary Trader.

Emerging markets are set to experience severe crisis as a rising dollar effectively imposes severe credit conditions and amplified default risk. Leveraged commodity producers, for example shale producers at the margins with too-high breakeven costs, will start to see their finances implode, effectively insolvent as cash flows fall below the ability to service loans. Whole countries will be in jeopardy. Russia is, in a word, screwed. The fallout goes on and on. Vicious feedback loops will replace previously existing virtuous ones. It is going to be a bloodbath. And there is no way to stop it.

Remember, again, the estimated size of the USD “carry trade” — yield-related investments exposed to rising dollar reversal — is measured in the trillions. There are institutional investors with massive, massive exposure via their overly aggressive allocations to emerging market investments, commodity producer debt, high yielding carry trade currencies like the Australian and Canadian dollars, and so on…

Those inertia-driven institutional investors, giant herding beasts that they are, got themselves heavily over-exposed at the very top of the cycle, just as they always do. Just as always happens in every major market cycle. And now the great unwind is coming. And they will feel it full force, and be forced to withdraw, and their withdrawal will accelerate the pain trade as global conditions tighten further.

Hi P, I agree with your logic and sound reasoning but there's just one small problem.

http://www.zerohedge...ying-sp-futures

Who knows when rationality will overcome fantasy. I am long until the S&P falls out of the long term channel from 2011 and will only believe it when I see it.

Hi D

No credits to me..it is an extract from Mercenary Trader....posted here for reflection...no position toward it. :)

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#11820 Daytrade

Daytrade

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 06:58 PM

For the Bears out there for Mercenary Trader.
Emerging markets are set to experience severe crisis as a rising dollar effectively imposes severe credit conditions and amplified default risk. Leveraged commodity producers, for example shale producers at the margins with too-high breakeven costs, will start to see their finances implode, effectively insolvent as cash flows fall below the ability to service loans. Whole countries will be in jeopardy. Russia is, in a word, screwed. The fallout goes on and on. Vicious feedback loops will replace previously existing virtuous ones. It is going to be a bloodbath. And there is no way to stop it.

Remember, again, the estimated size of the USD “carry trade” — yield-related investments exposed to rising dollar reversal — is measured in the trillions. There are institutional investors with massive, massive exposure via their overly aggressive allocations to emerging market investments, commodity producer debt, high yielding carry trade currencies like the Australian and Canadian dollars, and so on…

Those inertia-driven institutional investors, giant herding beasts that they are, got themselves heavily over-exposed at the very top of the cycle, just as they always do. Just as always happens in every major market cycle. And now the great unwind is coming. And they will feel it full force, and be forced to withdraw, and their withdrawal will accelerate the pain trade as global conditions tighten further.

Hi P, I agree with your logic and sound reasoning but there's just one small problem. 

http://www.zerohedge...ying-sp-futures

Who knows when rationality will overcome fantasy. I am long until the S&P falls out of the long term channel from 2011 and will only believe it when I see it. 

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting