• Please log in to reply
35854 replies to this topic

#14101 TheSource187

TheSource187

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:46 AM

Not to blow your bubble but rather make your goal to not loose a million over 4 years since you just started...if you plan to make 50 million in 4 years you will go big (high risk) and that will cause you a lot of pain!

Sorry but just being realistic here, if you have a mentor it will take less but it takes average 5 years for a trader to grasp and understand this market, it is a slow process with experience the key, unfortunately the only way you learn is by losing money!

But I like your attitude and never give up view, if you put in the hours, learn the charts, read a lot and figure your strategy out the money will come! ;)

A

Yep, we'll get better with time like a fine wine. You just have to be positive and keep moving forward. 

Legal or illegal however you make your cash flow. 

#14102 grantmu

grantmu

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:37 AM

Richmont could spoil the party. Bloomberg reports sales increase of 4% vs 6% exp

the key is ang and bill they will be the market movers

#14103 Casenova

Casenova

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:36 AM

And then there is also this cute line to come in and provide some interesting food for thought.

Attached Files

#14104 mx125

mx125

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationKZN

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:34 AM

First short 46110

Don't know how you knew to go short there but well done. 

#14105 Casenova

Casenova

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:28 AM

Some interesting things gonna happen soon if i look at my weekly chart...

Attached Files

#14106 Ettas

Ettas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:28 AM

Not to blow your bubble but rather make your goal to not loose a million over 4 years since you just started...if you plan to make 50 million in 4 years you will go big (high risk) and that will cause you a lot of pain!

Sorry but just being realistic here, if you have a mentor it will take less but it takes average 5 years for a trader to grasp and understand this market, it is a slow process with experience the key, unfortunately the only way you learn is by losing money!

But I like your attitude and never give up view, if you put in the hours, learn the charts, read a lot and figure your strategy out the money will come! ;)

A

you can have as much "never give up" spirit as a Disney world character...If the market empties that account you cant pay in spirit.

#14107 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:23 AM

First short 46110

IG CASH

#14108 mx125

mx125

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationKZN

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:22 AM

A

Wise words. You can blow a million in couple of months. It's that easy. Don't  think you're Chuck Norris. Rather start out as Tinker Bell and work your way up to Bruce Willis and maybe you will be able to be shake Chuck's hand one day. :)

#14109 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:14 AM

Hi thanks a lot for the advice, I agree 110% with what you said. I've heard lots and lots of people say that beginners always blow their accounts. But this is something I won't do, it might stay at the same level for a while, or even decline a bit but I am determined to not blow it, I'll beat those statistics definitely. Lol, maybe. Anyway..

Have a great day guys. 

A

"Never never never give up!"

#14110 Casenova

Casenova

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:09 AM

I am currently long @ 45850, but i was thinking...

Would it not be great if the Consumer Protection Act had relevance in the trading industry. I would be absolutely fantastic if you could get your money back if the "product" you bought did not perform as expected! Just a thought that might brighten up your day. :lol:

#14111 AJS

AJS

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 17 September 2014 - 08:55 AM

I don't think they will spoil the party, at just over R10 / share there is value there.

There are a fair amount of offers below R100 at the moment.

"Trade what you see, not what you think"

#14112 mx125

mx125

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationKZN

Posted 17 September 2014 - 08:55 AM

I am long with tight stop (stop 100 points)

Target?

#14113 Casenova

Casenova

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 08:52 AM

Richmont could spoil the party. Bloomberg reports sales increase of 4% vs 6% exp

Hey Guy's,

Those who trade single stock futures might want to consider keeping an eye on Richmont today.

Just FYI

I don't think they will spoil the party, at just over R10 / share there is value there.

#14114 mx125

mx125

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationKZN

Posted 17 September 2014 - 08:49 AM

Nearly had a heart a tack with that little drop. Took a long 46020 and out at 46043

Will sit on hands until 10

#14115 Casenova

Casenova

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 08:47 AM

Hey Guy's,

Those who trade single stock futures might want to consider keeping an eye on Richmont today.

Just FYI

Edited by Casenova, 17 September 2014 - 08:49 AM.

#14116 CPvanWyk

CPvanWyk

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • LocationDurbanville

Posted 17 September 2014 - 08:46 AM

#14117 Vertebrae

Vertebrae

Pachycephalosaurus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
  • LocationDystopia

Posted 17 September 2014 - 08:45 AM

Please mind all gaps but when one gap is closed by another gap just after a rollover gap .... don't ask me

Africa will never be regarded as adult until all of its organisations stop admiring and protecting criminal dictators.

MSM et al presents (sponsored) opinion as fact and seeks to indoctrinate. Journalists without ethics proliferate in a swamp of filthy lucre (BBC inclusive).

In response to decades of racism by fearful minority whites called apartheid there will be an eternity of racism by revengeful majority blacks called all kinds of excuses.

Corruption is not yet compulsory but it may as well be - Aggressive africanization uses the racist Employment Equity Act as a club.

Too many humans are too busy copulating to bother about the irresponsible, unsustainable and progressively catastrophic population explosion. 

Whilst humanity prevails so will evil. Evil will survive and thrive through sophisticated indoctrination and other conscience-suppressing disguises.

Desmond Tutu has been praying for the downfall of the ANC since 2011. Clearly he needs some assistance with such a difficult and worthy task..

Cockroaches still lurk on sharechat because it is prime real estate for their con artistry, duping and grand theft.

#14118 grantmu

grantmu

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 08:42 AM

Don't know what this little drop is, surely we should go up.

Tencent 2.5% up

BHP 0.5% up

Sasol 2% up in US

US up a lot

I am long with tight stop (stop 100 points)

#14119 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 17 September 2014 - 08:36 AM

RBM your target for today?

IG CASH

#14120 K~~

K~~

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 08:33 AM

This is the right group to be in. There are many different trading styles but you need to figure out what works for you. Keep your plan as simple as possible. Don't be scarred to do paper trades with no money spent. If I had been part of a group like this when I started I am sure I would be a lot richer. so my wisdom for you would be the following:

The trend is your friend, if you are not sure of the trend sit it out. 

If you miss an entry into the market and you see the market shoot in a direction, unless another entry point presents sit the trade out, DON'T jump in late it will just cost you money.

Dont try to emulate the success of others, someone on the group might make 500 points and you only made 100, your 100 points is more than you had before.

Books on traders teach you one thing and one thing only, the guy how wrote it just got you to give him money, a very good trade for the writer.

A successful traders get to the point they just know what the market is doing, he will be drawing information from 100 different places that will help make the play for him.

There is no one system that works.

You don't have to trade every day, if the day feels wrong sit it out. 

Day trading is hard to get right, 

What you have got yourself into is going to cause you great pain, school fees are very expensive , if you get it right you will earn a living, if you spend another 5 years after that you may earn a good living. 

I suggest you go and draw out half of the capital you have, put it under the bed, you will need it on that day your account goes from good to gone, it will happen, start preparing yourself for it now. 

Remember that in order to make yourself a small fortune on the stock market you need to start with a large one.

Good luck

G

Wise words indeed.

If I can stress one issue: Do not get too greedy! If you overexpose, the Market will sniff you out and remove your cash in the blink of an eye. Emotions also comes into play when you bite off more than you can chew. When your acccount halves within an hour on a "sure thing", you will panic and make the wrong decision.

Also, only play with money that you can afford to lose. Do not use pension/emergency/school/university/living money to trade. This will let emotion creep into your decisions, with disastrous effect. It can also lead to "revenge" trading, which is like gambling: "On the next move (bet) I will make back what I've lost and more..."

In the end all losing trades makes one wiser, and no one can teach you that wisdom. Only you pay your own school fees. And reap the rewards.

Prosperous trading! 

"The Stock Market is never obvious. It is designed to fool most of the people, most of the time." - Jesse Livermore.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting