35854 replies to this topic

#14581 Mhlato

Mhlato

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • LocationNTvl

Posted 10 September 2014 - 09:45 AM

Delta, can you please give me the opening price? I am looking @ a long +- 46,050..below S2 and the 5 day weighted average of S2, but just need rhe open.

"Don't try to buy at the bottom and sell at the top. It can't be done, except by liars." - Bernard Baruch

#14582 Mhlato

Mhlato

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • LocationNTvl

Posted 10 September 2014 - 09:43 AM

when a bull goes bear..watchout ;)

Delta, can you please give me the opening price? I am looking @ a long +- 46,050..below S2 and the 5 day weighted average of S2, but just need rhe low.

"Don't try to buy at the bottom and sell at the top. It can't be done, except by liars." - Bernard Baruch

#14583 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,918 posts
  • Location37.2350° N, 115.8111° W

Posted 10 September 2014 - 09:07 AM

when a bull goes bear..watchout ;)

“melior diabolus quem scies”

#14584 gannet

gannet

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 08:58 AM

This could be the one day in a long time that the opening gap doesn't close withing the 1st hour.

Significant!

#14585 RBM

RBM

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 08:43 AM

RBM i think we could go up slightly but then down Target 45800 but even lower if US goes down more.This is my catch up target Just my view

ok tnx

#14586 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 10 September 2014 - 08:42 AM

RBM i think we could go up slightly but then down Target 45800 but even lower if US goes down more.This is my catch up target Just my view

IG CASH

#14587 RBM

RBM

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 08:35 AM

BearCatcher what's your target

#14588 RBM

RBM

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 08:34 AM

45800 here we come blazing

#14589 Guest_Bandido_*

Guest_Bandido_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 September 2014 - 07:21 AM

Tencent down but seems to be climbing.

All this downside, seems market selling Tencent to have liquidity for Alibaba's listing

#14590 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 06:15 AM

down..we go!

#14591 Ninja

Ninja

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 10 September 2014 - 06:04 AM

Shucks tencent down 3.5% ...

#14592 mx125

mx125

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationKZN

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:55 AM

The SA40 cash index hourly chart shows the price to have broken out of a bullish wedge formation. Circled blue we see a bearish engulfing candle pattern signalling the end of the upward move for now, alluding to a possible pullback in price. The wedge formation is bullish as is the momentum of the intraday trading activity. With this in mind should a pullback occur (as per the bearish engulfing guidance) it could afford a second opportunity at long entry near wedge support at 46300 favouring 46500 as the initial upside target. Failure of the bullish intention suggested by the wedge formation could be considered should the price close below horizontal support at 46100.

From IG

The above view is also the view of Shaun Morris. But with the US down so much last night and with Asian markets down this morning I can't see us going up, even though we did close just above 463. Or maybe we will rally to 465 before dropping. If that happens the blame will go to our weak rand. R17.40 yesterday and R17.60 now.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

#14593 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:31 PM

mirrored the sell off on US markets after 5pm almost exactly...DOW closes and straight up we go..wonder what pushed it in the opposite direction :D :rolleyes:

Edited by delta66, 09 September 2014 - 10:32 PM.

#14594 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:20 PM

no...do not look to far ahead,,,we can go up juts as quickly tomorrow!! has been proven in last 2 to 3 weeks...zig zag all the way!!

forget tomorrow..went up just as quickly in last 30 min :D

This is pure market maker at work.
But I agree, we can gap up tomorrow morning and hit 46600 easy peasy.

Believe it or not, but in my opinion, this drop in US is bullish for Alsi.
US bounces back and Alsi shoots the lights out

IMO

Alsi future

I only post my views, not advice

#14595 grantmu

grantmu

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:17 PM

forget tomorrow..went up just as quickly in last 30 min  :D

but will it be sustained into tomorrow or is this just another 100 point bounce

#14596 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:12 PM

no...do not look to far ahead,,,we can go up juts as quickly tomorrow!!  has been proven in last 2 to 3 weeks...zig zag all the way!!

forget tomorrow..went up just as quickly in last 30 min  :D

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#14597 grantmu

grantmu

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:47 PM

dow looks to have made its double top, vix is confirming that in very green, zar trying to manage the situation for alsi, I think dow is going to retest that bottom it made few weeks ago and maybe retest this week, taking us down big time, its also bear season...whats your thoughts?

my view

There is something in the background and it looks to me to Geopolitical but there is nothing definite so the market is not driving on the VIX, the drop Monday and Tuesday had no direction, it seemed the drop was almost boredom, the same happens with the jump today there was no driving force and may have only been due to the change in the pound and nothing else.

the tensions currently are an up tick in the level of Aggression in Russia and also China getting aggravated with spy flights, the Scottish thing is going to have some affect on the FTSE and has already made changes to the pound. ISIS is also a problem, the Ukraine is gong to flare up again or peace is the order of the day but there is no confirmation yet. the whole middle east is a problem and ISIS is drawing attention to that entire region, if the USA jumps back onto that area it will have an effect on the market but this time i think it will not drive the market up as this will not be limited to one country but an entire area. 

There does not seem to be a difinative reason for drops and jumps over the last week, we are direction less but there seems to be an underlying nervousness in the markets.

The top 6 in the sa40 are all over the place today, but by the end of the day they all seem to be pointing in the same direction, down. The FTSE was up big time then dropped like a stone, same for the dow, china is neutral for the last couple of days with no direction. 

If there is nothing to drive us up then I see the market going back to test the last lows as a verification, if this is a slow drift we are in for one down one up days for a while if it is a drop that confirms support then the market may regain some drive to go higher.

As we are also connected to the FTSE the rand dollar changes may have less of an effect until the pound regains some strength I think changes in the rand dollar will have less of an effect for a while.

just my view but there is a general nervousness in my view but no pinpointed problem.

playing the day as i see it from 8 AM until there is direction.

#14598 RBM

RBM

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:45 PM

U sure u buried the right ball because this bear is alive and kicking, right?

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

#14599 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:43 PM

Yeah buried his left ball, had to do the right one.

U sure u buried the right ball because this bear is alive and kicking, right?

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#14600 RBM

RBM

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:41 PM

vix almost 10% up...wow

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting