35854 replies to this topic

#15461 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:29 AM

I'm out of all my trades, don't like this action and no more higher highs!

A

"Never never never give up!"

#15462 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:26 AM

V the Master

IG CASH

#15463 K~~

K~~

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:25 AM

Thanks K, thought so.

What is concerning with BIL is that after the initial open higher, it sold off again..

"The Stock Market is never obvious. It is designed to fool most of the people, most of the time." - Jesse Livermore.

#15464 ZoomZ

ZoomZ

The Wizard

• Members
  • 3,080 posts
  • LocationOn my Alibaba Mat

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:20 AM

WARNING - i see its obvious most traders here.....will lose all their cash in this bear they dont possess skills to trade...buying in a bull monkeys can do it but making money in a bear is for the pros

#15465 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:20 AM

Went short 46220 closed 46000 nice fat scalp to start the day

IG CASH

#15466 mx125

mx125

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationKZN

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:18 AM

They were playing catch-down to us.. therefore fall not as bad. It will probably go up a little this morning.

K

Thanks K, thought so.

#15467 K~~

K~~

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:52 AM

I see BIL is down 3.9% in Australia. Does that mean it will fall more in South Africa, or did it fall in Australia due to what happened yesterday.

They were playing catch-down to us.. therefore fall not as bad. It will probably go up a little this morning.

K

"The Stock Market is never obvious. It is designed to fool most of the people, most of the time." - Jesse Livermore.

#15468 mx125

mx125

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationKZN

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:29 AM

I see BIL is down 3.9% in Australia. Does that mean it will fall more in South Africa, or did it fall in Australia due to what happened yesterday.

#15469 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:52 AM

The price action of today is very rare...it has only happened 6 times since '97.

People using PivotPoints would have noticed that today we had:

1) Open > R1

2) High > R2

3) Low < S2

4) Close < Low[1]

add to that... today's daily candle has all the bearish signals in it...Bearish Engulfing, 9bar Key Reversal, etc

Exactly all the above also happened on:

1) 28/03/01 and from that day's high it pulled back a further 9.33%

2) 06/09/01....-21.37%

3) 12/11/01 turned up 11% from that day's low within 10 day's!

4) 25/02/09...-7.51%

5) 03/06/10....-7.25%

6) 08/07/11....-3.90% and a couple of day's later the waterfall came along!

Take a close look at those dates, pay attention to the H & L of that day (because it is your line in the sand) and then to the next day's O,H.L C and you will know what to do tomorrow.

So, 1 from 6 turned north....are we going to get 2 from 7??? Time will tell!!

M yesterdays red engulfing candle was different to the others.. 2 things made yesterdays candle bearish!!  Bil and pound!!

We coud see a reversal on both BIL and pound today!!!

So technically yes  but fundamentally  was a false candle to read to much into!!

Edited by HDB, 20 August 2014 - 07:54 AM.

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#15470 K~~

K~~

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:39 AM

The price action of today is very rare...it has only happened 6 times since '97.

1) Open > R1

2) High > R2

3) Low < S2

4) Close < Low[1]

add to that... today's daily candle has all the bearish signals in it...Bearish Engulfing, 9bar Key Reversal, etc

2) 06/09/01....-21.37%

4) 25/02/09...-7.51%

5) 03/06/10....-7.25%

Take a close look at those dates, pay attention to the H & L of that day (because it is your line in the sand) and then to the next day's O,H.L C and you will know what to do tomorrow.

Impressive research, M!

Looking at the price action, and the break lower, it seems that the gap close is on. The only thing working against this is the S&P which is steaming ahead towards 2000.

Just crazy, this volatility.

Prosperous trading.

#15471 Mhlato

Mhlato

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • LocationNTvl

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:25 PM

that is very interesting!

i have a wee short position into this somewhat bullish sentiment.

ozzies can count (sure), can they count straight though?

I reckon your short is good, from what i have seen is that if we should close tomorrow above today's open, then you might have a loser?

@strydomk, regarding distractions ..see attachment, i think HDB has posted this many moons back...it's a classic!

@Plasma, it's a pleasure.

Attached Files

• Attached File  SK.png   362.82KB   17 downloads

"Don't try to buy at the bottom and sell at the top. It can't be done, except by liars." - Bernard Baruch

#15472 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:20 PM

First short 46130 will add if we go up , had a juggle V or A and V won

IG CASH

#15473 RusQ

RusQ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:53 PM

1) Open > R1

2) High > R2

3) Low < S2

4) Close < Low[1]

2) 06/09/01....-21.37%

4) 25/02/09...-7.51%

5) 03/06/10....-7.25%

that is very interesting!

i have a wee short position into this somewhat bullish sentiment.

ozzies can count (sure), can they count straight though?

Life is for living...

#15474 strydomk

strydomk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:29 PM

Thanks guys. My next skill to learn is managing distractions. A months worth of profit wiped out over a bloody cup of coffee. Missed the market turn and got punished. Is it just me or have there been a lot of weird days lately??

#15475 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:20 PM

The end of perhaps the most soul destroying trading day I've had.

1) Open > R1
2) High > R2
3) Low < S2
4) Close < Low[1]

2) 06/09/01....-21.37%
4) 25/02/09...-7.51%
5) 03/06/10....-7.25%

Take a close look at those dates, pay attention to the H & L of that day (because it is your line in the sand) and then to the next day's O,H.L C and you will know what to do tomorrow.

Very interesting....thanks M!

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#15476 Mhlato

Mhlato

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • LocationNTvl

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:14 PM

1) Open > R1

2) High > R2

3) Low < S2

4) Close < Low[1]

2) 06/09/01....-21.37%

4) 25/02/09...-7.51%

5) 03/06/10....-7.25%

"Don't try to buy at the bottom and sell at the top. It can't be done, except by liars." - Bernard Baruch

#15477 Vertebrae

Vertebrae

Pachycephalosaurus

• Members
  • 2,075 posts
  • LocationDystopia

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:31 PM

well, the way polar bear populations exploded into predictions of the WWF, my prognostication (of first choice), is that a new breed will lead the willing soon :o

eish!!

in the background, i'm dealing with 'perpetual magnetic energy' devices. tolled them three times already why it can't work and suggested four improvements to their design. i may well be punished for this, also...

Inspirational - Just instructed the T-Shirt dept. to make printing "A guru each day keeps prognosis at bay" all about supply& demand

Africa will never be regarded as adult until all of its organisations stop admiring and protecting criminal dictators.

MSM et al presents (sponsored) opinion as fact and seeks to indoctrinate. Journalists without ethics proliferate in a swamp of filthy lucre (BBC inclusive).

In response to decades of racism by fearful minority whites called apartheid there will be an eternity of racism by revengeful majority blacks called all kinds of excuses.

Corruption is not yet compulsory but it may as well be - Aggressive africanization uses the racist Employment Equity Act as a club.

Too many humans are too busy copulating to bother about the irresponsible, unsustainable and progressively catastrophic population explosion. 

Whilst humanity prevails so will evil. Evil will survive and thrive through sophisticated indoctrination and other conscience-suppressing disguises.

Desmond Tutu has been praying for the downfall of the ANC since 2011. Clearly he needs some assistance with such a difficult and worthy task..

Cockroaches still lurk on sharechat because it is prime real estate for their con artistry, duping and grand theft.

#15478 RusQ

RusQ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:13 PM

Confirmation just in from WWF - The guru went extinct in 2008.

well, the way polar bear populations exploded into predictions of the WWF, my prognostication (of first choice), is that a new breed will lead the willing soon :o

eish!!

in the background, i'm dealing with 'perpetual magnetic energy' devices. tolled them three times already why it can't work and suggested four improvements to their design. i may well be punished for this, also...

Life is for living...

#15479 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:12 PM

Staan sterk ....

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#15480 Vertebrae

Vertebrae

Pachycephalosaurus

• Members
  • 2,075 posts
  • LocationDystopia

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:50 PM

Agree!

the way SAVI is ticking up, whipsaws galore in our near future. how to deal with this?

dunno, BUTT, smaller position size and strict adherence to both system rules and stop losses is what i do. in the end, price is king, the gurus not so much?

best now...

pst:- hope IS a trading strategy  :P

Confirmation just in from WWF - The guru went extinct in 2008.

Africa will never be regarded as adult until all of its organisations stop admiring and protecting criminal dictators.

MSM et al presents (sponsored) opinion as fact and seeks to indoctrinate. Journalists without ethics proliferate in a swamp of filthy lucre (BBC inclusive).

In response to decades of racism by fearful minority whites called apartheid there will be an eternity of racism by revengeful majority blacks called all kinds of excuses.

Corruption is not yet compulsory but it may as well be - Aggressive africanization uses the racist Employment Equity Act as a club.

Too many humans are too busy copulating to bother about the irresponsible, unsustainable and progressively catastrophic population explosion. 

Whilst humanity prevails so will evil. Evil will survive and thrive through sophisticated indoctrination and other conscience-suppressing disguises.

Desmond Tutu has been praying for the downfall of the ANC since 2011. Clearly he needs some assistance with such a difficult and worthy task..

Cockroaches still lurk on sharechat because it is prime real estate for their con artistry, duping and grand theft.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting