35854 replies to this topic

#15501 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 19 August 2014 - 03:26 PM

I am lying on the shrink's couch .....have been diagnosed with STCS. Sitting tight confusion syndrome. This syndrome induces intense psychological dissonance (IPD) in times where the market, our market, is running in a different direction than others, where a position has turned nicely green, but because of the STCS, the profit is not taken, resulting in a worse scenario a bit later, thus feeding the STCS and adding to the IPD. That is all.

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#15502 strydomk

strydomk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 03:21 PM

Desperately hoping for a late rally.

#15503 Gorrat

Gorrat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 03:19 PM

Ag don't stress tommorow she shoots the lights out!!!

#15504 Guest_Bandido_*

Guest_Bandido_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2014 - 03:15 PM

WE should all joint the RED club ..

#15505 Roundtree

Roundtree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:59 PM

We're at 46080 and I'm down 168 (x 6) points today; that's R10K. According to the books I should close this trade and go short. But I refuse to follow the books. I'm long.

I will not close this trade until I have squeezed some profit out of it! I'll be here tomorrow when they neaten this thing up. 

Be strong, brothers. 

Happy trading!

#15506 CPvanWyk

CPvanWyk

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • LocationDurbanville

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:38 PM

Its gonna be that ''O the prices do not go up so aunt Yellen will keep interest rates low for longer than yesterday'' and ''Political risk is little lower'' stories again....

Otherwise.. dddddeeeeep ****. But I will stay with the wave 5 of 3 scenario for now. Or is it now wave 3 of wave five of 3. Mr V give us an update please.  Would appreciate.

#15507 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts
  • Location37.2350° N, 115.8111° W

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:34 PM

yep, i remain long..with regards to the 40cash, today's battering imo was purely on bhp/shp

shp's hit has had a knockdown effect on retail sector in general

“melior diabolus quem scies”

#15508 CPvanWyk

CPvanWyk

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • LocationDurbanville

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:31 PM

Wave goodbuy :D

#15509 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:30 PM

All gaps dont have to close, there are gaps going back to 2011 that was not closed.

when the major correction or next crash happens be it tomorrow or 10 years from now....they will close!! :)

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#15510 Roundtree

Roundtree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:28 PM

All gaps dont have to close, there are gaps going back to 2011 that was not closed.

You're probably right.

Happy trading.

Happy trading!

#15511 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:27 PM

Today's chart isn't clean; traders like a tightly woven candle pattern and today's one is anything but.

All gaps shall be closed. That means we have to go back up to neaten up this chart. Maybe not today but it shall be done.

These guys obviously will not let any one of us get off this thing just yet; we have to take part in the weaving, brothers - there's no way around it.

Happy trading. 

PS: I still see today's price action as bullish.

Alsi future

I only post my views, not advice

#15512 Roundtree

Roundtree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:21 PM

Today's chart isn't clean; traders like a tightly woven candle pattern and today's one is anything but.

All gaps shall be closed. That means we have to go back up to neaten up this chart. Maybe not today but it shall be done.

These guys obviously will not let any one of us get off this thing just yet; we have to take part in the weaving, brothers - there's no way around it.

Happy trading. 

PS: I still see today's price action as bullish.

Happy trading!

#15513 Casenova

Casenova

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:14 PM

I hope you chaps are making money, i did not have a nice feeling about today, so i played safe and stayed out of the line of fire from BIL and the ALSI. I did however manage to get in on some Richmond action :rolleyes: , still holding onto it with the hopes of having it for a while. I have been keeping an eye on it for some time now.

Attached Files

#15514 K~~

K~~

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:02 PM

She's holding on, but only just...

The bulls are starting to lose this battle...

"The Stock Market is never obvious. It is designed to fool most of the people, most of the time." - Jesse Livermore.

#15515 zombii

zombii

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 01:41 PM

BIL could find support anywhere from R345 to R350..

But it is quite a heavy piano to catch.. I'm happy to buy and hold at those levels.. If you are over-leveraged it could get messy quickly..

K

I'm short, so I'm hoping it's a container of pianos.

#15516 K~~

K~~

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 01:38 PM

Ok, so where are we in Elliot terms and does this weakness in danger the new uptrend...??

IMO we are currently in minute 2 down of Minor 3 of Intermediate V of Major V of Primary III.

Looks very similiar to the US minute 2 down on friday that recovered the rest of the day and kicked off minutes 3 of minor 3 with a bang, normally the best rally of the wave!

Should be close to the bottom now....!

A

Shall we wave to the ALSI, A? Maybe she'll start waving back?  :P

"The Stock Market is never obvious. It is designed to fool most of the people, most of the time." - Jesse Livermore.

#15517 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:48 PM

This morning when I woke up I wondered whether there will be another occurrence this week that will result in profits disappearing due to a something counter trend happening. Placed a buy order before going into a meeting at 0800. During a break later, saw that order was not filled and placed an order. Suffice to say that 400 pips disappeared together with its fin value from my account. Happy chappy.....not me...<br /><br />Went long now now on retest of BB lower on 5 min chart....at 45214.

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#15518 Roundtree

Roundtree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:41 PM

Nice one Roundtree, you will make a lot of money with that one!

Don't jinx it, brother.

Actually that wasn't a good entry at all; I'm bailing out at 46280 and I plan to reenter at 46156 (today's low). If it goes all the way up without me, so be it!

Happy days.   

Happy trading!

#15519 K~~

K~~

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:33 PM

I could tell, but then I'll have to kill you!  :D

My thoughts on the ALSI - this 46200-230 (F) is the line in the sand. I really hope that holds, otherwise V's gap closes will come into play again.

K

She's holding on, but only just...

#15520 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:30 PM

BIL could find support anywhere from R345 to R350..

But it is quite a heavy piano to catch.. I'm happy to buy and hold at those levels.. If you are over-leveraged it could get messy quickly..

K

been talk of a special dividend too...

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting