#18841 Shortboy

Shortboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 09 June 2014 - 11:58 PM

yes, i understand your play on alsi..my brother employs similar strategy only diff is market(ASX),,,has worked very well for him and i believe still is last time we chatted.

re: on being a long run winner, thank you for those kind words but truth be told "luck" has had a lot to do with it :)

Statically, there is no such thing as luck. Well done Delta!

IG SA40

#18842 Shortboy

Shortboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 09 June 2014 - 11:37 PM

Hey GymBaby, Still long?

IG SA40

#18843 Shortboy

Shortboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 09 June 2014 - 11:30 PM

yes, i understand your play on alsi..my brother employs similar strategy only diff is market(ASX),,,has worked very well for him and i believe still is last time we chatted.

re: on being a long run winner, thank you for those kind words but truth be told "luck" has had a lot to do with it :)

The only guy I ever heard say making a profit regularly on ALSI40 by "luck" was Randall Stevens, and he didn't believe it at all. In his case, Luck, didn't come into the equation at all. Your profits are a direct result of the 90% of losers entering this business Delta.....one day they will also profit from other people.

IG SA40

#18844 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,918 posts
  • Location37.2350° N, 115.8111° W

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:34 PM

“melior diabolus quem scies”

#18845 Shortboy

Shortboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:06 PM

have no long term position on alsi..i'm pure day trader with occasional overnight holds

don't panic..stick to your game plan regardless of noise.  listen to others but trade what you believe in.  you'll be fine shortboy :) ...hedging is a beautiful thing ;)

Been watching your stuff Delta. You are a long run winner at this. In other words, you are no longer part of the 90% who lose money in this business.....good for you! The strategy I am now using involves days, and often weeks of holding a position. So, I guess its not a trade, I take a position, for or against.

IG SA40

#18846 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:52 PM

have no long term position on alsi..i'm pure day trader with occasional overnight holds

don't panic..stick to your game plan regardless of noise.  listen to others but trade what you believe in.  you'll be fine shortboy :) ...hedging is a beautiful thing ;)

#18847 Shortboy

Shortboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:31 PM

dual listed could see T40 break much, much higher depending on ZAR weakness...all eyes on that currency rating impact

good luck guys

Hope not my man! I am now carrying a collective R16 a point across all my short positions. I don't employ stop losses, they cost too much money, especially in after hours trading.

IG SA40

#18848 Shortboy

Shortboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:20 PM

Eyeing the China for evidence of cracks in the porcelain.

I used to think you were strange V. Not any more. Everyone has a view. For me? Go long on the dips, take profits as they arise and build up your short position....slowly, and little bit, by little bit. Not really interested in Elliot Waves. If they worked, we would all be billionaires. Just saying, 

Have fun!

IG SA40

#18849 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:06 PM

dual listed could see T40 break much, much higher depending on ZAR weakness...all eyes on that currency rating impact

good luck guys

Edited by delta66, 09 June 2014 - 09:07 PM.

#18850 Vertebrae

Vertebrae

Pachycephalosaurus

• Members
  • 2,075 posts
  • LocationDystopia

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:59 PM

Africa will never be regarded as adult until all of its organisations stop admiring and protecting criminal dictators.

MSM et al presents (sponsored) opinion as fact and seeks to indoctrinate. Journalists without ethics proliferate in a swamp of filthy lucre (BBC inclusive).

In response to decades of racism by fearful minority whites called apartheid there will be an eternity of racism by revengeful majority blacks called all kinds of excuses.

Corruption is not yet compulsory but it may as well be - Aggressive africanization uses the racist Employment Equity Act as a club.

Too many humans are too busy copulating to bother about the irresponsible, unsustainable and progressively catastrophic population explosion. 

Whilst humanity prevails so will evil. Evil will survive and thrive through sophisticated indoctrination and other conscience-suppressing disguises.

Desmond Tutu has been praying for the downfall of the ANC since 2011. Clearly he needs some assistance with such a difficult and worthy task..

Cockroaches still lurk on sharechat because it is prime real estate for their con artistry, duping and grand theft.

#18851 Shortboy

Shortboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:55 PM

Hey! Where is Bear Catcher these days? GymBaby? you still out there

IG SA40

#18852 Shortboy

Shortboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 09 June 2014 - 07:56 PM

Still holding those shorts and off loaded a long today to offset the losses I am carrying on those shorts. Also entered into another small short at 45158.

I guess the global search for yield is on again.

BIL still offering a dividend yield of 3.7%

SBK still offering a DY of 3.6%

SOL still offering 3.5%

OML still offering 4%

MTN still offering 5%

The PE's on most of the top 10 stocks in the ALSI40 are expensive but not yet sky high.

BIL 13 X

SAB 27X

CFR 22X

NPN 64X

MTN 17X

AGL 26X

BAT 21X

OML 16X

FSR 13X

SBK 13X

SOL 10X

Those 10 stocks make up at least 70% of the ALSI40 index weighting according to satrix.co.za

Not extended by any means.....unless a country risk bond downgrade happens....

IG SA40

#18853 Vertebrae

Vertebrae

Pachycephalosaurus

• Members
  • 2,075 posts
  • LocationDystopia

Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:11 PM

It used to be that the blowoff top is signalled by hitherto non-participanties declaring time to reverse up the lorry

I still tend to think that the market has no sexual preference and that It screws everything eventually.

Africa will never be regarded as adult until all of its organisations stop admiring and protecting criminal dictators.

MSM et al presents (sponsored) opinion as fact and seeks to indoctrinate. Journalists without ethics proliferate in a swamp of filthy lucre (BBC inclusive).

In response to decades of racism by fearful minority whites called apartheid there will be an eternity of racism by revengeful majority blacks called all kinds of excuses.

Corruption is not yet compulsory but it may as well be - Aggressive africanization uses the racist Employment Equity Act as a club.

Too many humans are too busy copulating to bother about the irresponsible, unsustainable and progressively catastrophic population explosion. 

Whilst humanity prevails so will evil. Evil will survive and thrive through sophisticated indoctrination and other conscience-suppressing disguises.

Desmond Tutu has been praying for the downfall of the ANC since 2011. Clearly he needs some assistance with such a difficult and worthy task..

Cockroaches still lurk on sharechat because it is prime real estate for their con artistry, duping and grand theft.

#18854 grantmu

grantmu

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:26 PM

The only thing moving today is ABIL, and if this continues they will be a penny stock by the end of the month. 

well its moving now

#18855 grantmu

grantmu

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:21 PM

The only thing moving today is ABIL, and if this continues they will be a penny stock by the end of the month. 

#18856 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:11 PM

And there she turns ....just waited for me to make a statement and then to prove me wrong haha...

......, almost cut my loses there luckily I had no stop losses :-)

I was 9 pips away from my S/L.....

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#18857 Dabre

Dabre

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:06 PM

And there she turns ....just waited for me to make a statement and then to prove me wrong haha...

****, almost cut my loses there luckily I had no stop losses :-)

#18858 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:01 PM

So hoped that it was not going to be one of those Monday moves....nice push up and then this gradual return to where we started. Well, the market don't care about what I hope for or not....do not let your hope overshadow what is actually happening....

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#18859 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:51 PM

SA credit currency ratings later in the week will liven things up for sure :lol:

Edited by delta66, 09 June 2014 - 02:52 PM.

#18860 AJS

AJS

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:47 PM

Flippen no volatility at all. Looks like this is the new normal.  :huh:   :mellow:   :angry:

"Trade what you see, not what you think"

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting