35854 replies to this topic

#19301 farouk

farouk

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,725 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 10:21 PM

Open Interest  folks.

Today they droped  by 3,000 back to 150,526.

Something happened today.

Volumes usually average @ 20,000 for the past month.

Today volumes shot to 33,000.

Looks more like there was short covering today.

Keep an eye on that open interest because if it start increasing again

and price starts to run up then it will just be a matter of time before that waterfall slide.

#19302 Vertebrae

Vertebrae

Pachycephalosaurus

• Members
  • 2,075 posts
  • LocationDystopia

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:38 PM

V

If we are still in wave 3 extension then i see 47500 coming.

Of course! the original diagonal triangle failed - it did indeed. Like some 10% do. So what happens then...

Then the same movement takes place in the opposite direction.

The original correction target movement was 5113 points. The range becomes from end of 5th to fail point.

And so the target for T40(F) now becomes between 46610 and 48500

In most cases you need to hold on to your hat, so the delay shows that some invisible hand is at work (again)

However we have not yet breached our extension boundary - but if (when?) is it going to be up or down from there?

It can fail again I suppose - and indeed there are no rules for Mr Market

Africa will never be regarded as adult until all of its organisations stop admiring and protecting criminal dictators.

MSM et al presents (sponsored) opinion as fact and seeks to indoctrinate. Journalists without ethics proliferate in a swamp of filthy lucre (BBC inclusive).

In response to decades of racism by fearful minority whites called apartheid there will be an eternity of racism by revengeful majority blacks called all kinds of excuses.

Corruption is not yet compulsory but it may as well be - Aggressive africanization uses the racist Employment Equity Act as a club.

Too many humans are too busy copulating to bother about the irresponsible, unsustainable and progressively catastrophic population explosion. 

Whilst humanity prevails so will evil. Evil will survive and thrive through sophisticated indoctrination and other conscience-suppressing disguises.

Desmond Tutu has been praying for the downfall of the ANC since 2011. Clearly he needs some assistance with such a difficult and worthy task..

Cockroaches still lurk on sharechat because it is prime real estate for their con artistry, duping and grand theft.

#19303 Gorrat

Gorrat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 08:56 PM

Insider trading. Pt strike over....

#19304 TradeBit

TradeBit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 05:11 PM

Getting to grips with all this terminology and accronyms talk. So apologies way upfront for the ignorance but if the ALSI  is on an all time high, why is this not a good thing? why is everyone jittery and selling off shares? Is the market comfortable with the exchange being below 50?

We have all been through the 2008 crash, and what you see here is that fear.

#19305 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 23 May 2014 - 05:00 PM

I just can't get to it now, but I am sure there was a memo: when Argento jumps onto the green wagon, while being short-minded, then the top is nigh!

:P

June should bring about a downleg of some kind...seasonal that is! ;)

A

Edited by Argento, 23 May 2014 - 05:02 PM.

"Never never never give up!"

#19306 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 23 May 2014 - 04:32 PM

I just can't get to it now, but I am sure there was a memo: when Argento jumps onto the green wagon, while being short-minded, then the top is nigh!

:P

Have to agree with you here!

Posted this bullish channel of the TOP40 while back and should have looked at it more recently, got sucked into the short squad and now just looking at this market going higher!

QE3 is still getting pumped in and the growth indexes (Nasdaq) is recovering from their correction so we might as well see that 1970 level on the SPX soon!

Call it euphoria buying but there is no fear so this market keeps on defying the crowd...!

Spoke to one of the FX dealers (very bright guy) and Russians is buying a lot into our index with huge chunks of swings!

Still believe a good correction (cycles) is on its way but only in July/Aug when QE3 ends, and even for that we need a topformation and not seeing anything yet but dull grinding higher bullish action!

The US looks ready to break out up of this consolidation phase!

Our daily and weekly macd's turned and also favouring the Green Express!

A

From your perspective, Lekkerry is faceless and to a degree nameless, so any opinions expressed are just that, opinions from someone on the Internet  :D

#19307 Vertebrae

Vertebrae

Pachycephalosaurus

• Members
  • 2,075 posts
  • LocationDystopia

Posted 23 May 2014 - 04:28 PM

The narrowing diagonal triangle of wave 5 extension is still being respected.

Unless and until it is breached then within it there is one more downleg and a final upleg

The maximum for the top on T40(futures) stands at 46175, but my take for now is 45800

This would need to come about before mid June, again my take is on or by 12th.

If the downleg is going to close the gap then it must happen before 3rd June

There was once a time when you could predict the result of a diagonal triangle, but the failure of the original pattern puts everything into a new paradigm

Africa will never be regarded as adult until all of its organisations stop admiring and protecting criminal dictators.

MSM et al presents (sponsored) opinion as fact and seeks to indoctrinate. Journalists without ethics proliferate in a swamp of filthy lucre (BBC inclusive).

In response to decades of racism by fearful minority whites called apartheid there will be an eternity of racism by revengeful majority blacks called all kinds of excuses.

Corruption is not yet compulsory but it may as well be - Aggressive africanization uses the racist Employment Equity Act as a club.

Too many humans are too busy copulating to bother about the irresponsible, unsustainable and progressively catastrophic population explosion. 

Whilst humanity prevails so will evil. Evil will survive and thrive through sophisticated indoctrination and other conscience-suppressing disguises.

Desmond Tutu has been praying for the downfall of the ANC since 2011. Clearly he needs some assistance with such a difficult and worthy task..

Cockroaches still lurk on sharechat because it is prime real estate for their con artistry, duping and grand theft.

#19308 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 23 May 2014 - 04:07 PM

Getting to grips with all this terminology and accronyms talk. So apologies way upfront for the ignorance but if the ALSI  is on an all time high, why is this not a good thing? why is everyone jittery and selling off shares? Is the market comfortable with the exchange being below 50?

Have to agree with you here!

Posted this bullish channel of the TOP40 while back and should have looked at it more recently, got sucked into the short squad and now just looking at this market going higher!

QE3 is still getting pumped in and the growth indexes (Nasdaq) is recovering from their correction so we might as well see that 1970 level on the SPX soon!

Call it euphoria buying but there is no fear so this market keeps on defying the crowd...!

Spoke to one of the FX dealers (very bright guy) and Russians is buying a lot into our index with huge chunks of swings!

Still believe a good correction (cycles) is on its way but only in July/Aug when QE3 ends, and even for that we need a topformation and not seeing anything yet but dull grinding higher bullish action!

The US looks ready to break out up of this consolidation phase!

Our daily and weekly macd's turned and also favouring the Green Express!

A

Attached Files

Edited by Argento, 23 May 2014 - 04:11 PM.

"Never never never give up!"

#19309 RojoVert

RojoVert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 02:18 PM

#19310 CPvanWyk

CPvanWyk

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • LocationDurbanville

Posted 23 May 2014 - 02:14 PM

Ok and them too

Attached Files

Edited by CPvanWyk, 23 May 2014 - 02:17 PM.

#19311 CPvanWyk

CPvanWyk

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • LocationDurbanville

Posted 23 May 2014 - 02:08 PM

He is on the way ......................

Attached Files

Edited by CPvanWyk, 23 May 2014 - 02:11 PM.

#19312 CPvanWyk

CPvanWyk

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • LocationDurbanville

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:19 PM

Moving my s/l to 45200 for ratio of 300 pips risk 900 pips return. OK see again when one of it hits. Must work now and leave trading to the pros and market makers and mafia bosses. Sorry if I leave anyone out.

#19313 CPvanWyk

CPvanWyk

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • LocationDurbanville

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:14 PM

Sorry, forgot to upload the chart. This is 30m chart showing the support at 44800 as well as the 100 ma pretty much there as well. On the bigger timeframes it can easy fall to 44500 and 44000 - 43800.

I have longer term short on my other broker that I intend to keep till end of next month.

Attached Files

#19314 CPvanWyk

CPvanWyk

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • LocationDurbanville

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:55 PM

When breaking 44800 it should start getting interesting. Went short and will hold for a while. Will decide at 43800 - 44 000 again. Hopefully it is soon, very soon.

Have s/l of 44100. Everybody is calling tops, from like 3000 pips ago. Not calling top, just want my 1000 pips Mr Market (Mr Mafia).

#19315 Vertebrae

Vertebrae

Pachycephalosaurus

• Members
  • 2,075 posts
  • LocationDystopia

Posted 23 May 2014 - 11:55 AM

Tussle now for ALSH foothold @ 50000

Dax wants to copy. into the bump zone

Rem: US, UK long weekend jitter zone

Rem: Untidy to leave gap open

Rem: Trend accelerating

Holding longs, but a double top looks like a bear snack

#19316 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 11:52 AM

Kitchen sinking it again @ 45195

Closed all shorts @ 45200

After 12 I dont think we will see much movement.

Cheers all, have a good weekend

Alsi future

I only post my views, not advice

#19317 strydomk

strydomk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 11:29 AM

Need to bring in the environmentalists. Clearly the bears are an endangered species.

#19318 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 10:59 AM

I was away from my terminal yesterday, but my order was filled.

Took some profit @ 45000, just to bring down my exposure a notch.

Kitchen sinking it again @ 45195

Alsi future

I only post my views, not advice

#19319 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts
  • Location37.2350° N, 115.8111° W

Posted 23 May 2014 - 10:52 AM

no prob Qbre... :)

“melior diabolus quem scies”

#19320 Qbre77

Qbre77

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 10:49 AM

no, no specific depth on volumes but candles can also be interpreted as buyer/seller interest/volume...

ah ok, thanks delta.I was wondering how u got volume but i did not! lol

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting