130 replies to this topic

#81 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:00 PM

HDB, you been trying your best to reverse pump the market for months now to get out of your losing shorts! :P

Yes I own the share but I'm calling it as I see it....if you mean I was pumping FBR since around R35 all the way to R95 then I guess I have major clout on the JSE!

Fact is...what we say here on these boards have very little (read none) impact on the share price. The market moves on what the big boys are doing...you've been around long enough to know this..

Oh and one more thing..there is very good research from Morgan Stanley to support an increase in the pizza market from $400 to $1B over the next 3 years...so when saying you 'find' no substance perhaps you are not looking in the right places  :D

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#82 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:58 PM

I would not pay too much attention to   Gammas and Saints comments.. more like pumping the share up as they already own it!! :D So be  carefull in falling into  the trap and believing what is said!!

IOW I find no substance to back there comments

Indias pizza market is nearly saturated...Big world class players there at moment include Dominos, pizza hut, Pappa Johns and Bunny rabbit!! Note none of these guys are in SA as they find our market a bit on the small side fopr them. Pizza hut used to be here but no more!! and these guys all world class players.. India is a very difficult market to get into, especially food because of the culture about pork , beef etc!!  So my take is  they burnt there backsides once, what saying they wont burn it again!!

The only succesfull SA franchise that's doing well overseas at moment is Nandos...No one else!!!! In fact debonairs is losing money in Dubai at moment!!

HDB, you been trying your best to reverse pump the market for months now to get out of your losing shorts! :P

Yes I own the share but I'm calling it as I see it....if you mean I was pumping FBR since around R35 all the way to R95 then I guess I have major clout on the JSE!

Fact is...what we say here on these boards have very little (read none) impact on the share price. The market moves on what the big boys are doing...you've been around long enough to know this..

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#83 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:26 PM

Is there only me who sees the irony here...!

HDB comments on a food thread during the fast.   :D

:D   Nandos anytime!!!!

Southie yeah I could not resist!!  hehe

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#84 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:12 PM

Is there only me who sees the irony here...!

HDB comments on a food thread during the fast.   :D

Anyone need a heads up...!

#85 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:05 PM

I would not pay too much attention to   Gammas and Saints comments.. more like pumping the share up as they already own it!! :D So be  carefull in falling into  the trap and believing what is said!!

IOW I find no substance to back there comments

Indias pizza market is nearly saturated...Big world class players there at moment include Dominos, pizza hut, Pappa Johns and Bunny rabbit!! Note none of these guys are in SA as they find our market a bit on the small side fopr them. Pizza hut used to be here but no more!! and these guys all world class players.. India is a very difficult market to get into, especially food because of the culture about pork , beef etc!!  So my take is  they burnt there backsides once, what saying they wont burn it again!!

The only succesfull SA franchise that's doing well overseas at moment is Nandos...No one else!!!! In fact debonairs is losing money in Dubai at moment!!

Edited by HDB, 26 July 2013 - 02:09 PM.

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#86 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:23 PM

This is kind of worrying......

http://www.moneyweb....pulling-out-of-

yup, agree with you....but no different to the political mismanagment in SA.

I've been to India a few times over the past few years and its a hell of a complicated place to do business, but if you can crack it its a goldmine.

lets see how FBR does. Key is their Indian partners.

#87 grumpy old man

grumpy old man

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:40 AM

This is kind of worrying......

http://www.moneyweb....pulling-out-of-

#88 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:13 AM

Considering that the size of the Indian population is SIGNIFICANTLY larger than that of South Africa, this opportunity for Debonairs may be larger than we thought and 10 restaurants may only be the tip of the iceberg. If this one takes off the ride for Famous Brands Shareholders is about to restart. 

Not wanting to start any rumours here but just speculating - an Indian shareholder buying a significant portion of Famous Brands. We recently saw some local institution increasing their shareholding probably in anticipation of the Indian opportunity. Is this the new darling of the JSE?

yep I agree..if they are successful they will most likely look to accelerate the expansion.

need to keep in mind that FBR failed previously in India but hopefully they have now learned how best to penetrate.

The potential market is massive with Pizza expected to be a 10B rand market by 2016. If FBR can take even a 10% slice of that then the current fwd PE is way underrated.

#89 Saints

Saints

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationSandton

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:46 AM

Considering that the size of the Indian population is SIGNIFICANTLY larger than that of South Africa, this opportunity for Debonairs may be larger than we thought and 10 restaurants may only be the tip of the iceberg. If this one takes off the ride for Famous Brands Shareholders is about to restart. 

Not wanting to start any rumours here but just speculating - an Indian shareholder buying a significant portion of Famous Brands. We recently saw some local institution increasing their shareholding probably in anticipation of the Indian opportunity. Is this the new darling of the JSE?

#90 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:11 PM

very exciting ...this Indian partner is turning out to be more ambitious than I originally thought. Opened up a central kitchen in Mumbai and planning on 10 restaurants over the next 12 months

Will be watching this development more closely going fwd

http://www.abndigita...airs-to-mumbai/

whats more, Debonair's brand ambassador in India is none other than the Indian rubber man himself!

Edited by gamma, 25 July 2013 - 10:16 PM.

#91 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:53 AM

I suspect we will range trade in the 90s until either the next set of results or an acquisition announcement.  My bet is on the latter.

#92 Saints

Saints

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationSandton

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:19 PM

Here is your SENS Ptomli:

DISCLOSURE OF BENEFICIAL INTEREST IN SECURITIES

In accordance with the JSE Limited Listings Requirements and Section 122(3) of the
Companies Act, 71 of 2008, shareholders are advised of the following:

Arisaig Africa Consumer Fund Limited has notified the Company that it has acquired
2 155 717 shares of the Company. Accordingly, their beneficial interest in the Company
following the acquisition equates to 12.07% of the total issued share capital of the Company.

that explains last week's director dealings.

#93 ptomli

ptomli

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:35 AM

Roughly 1% of the company, traded off market in what looks like one deal with the directors, at an elevated price? I'm almost expecting a SENS

#94 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:22 AM

This never makes sense to me.

Are these off market transactions?

It doesn't equate with the daily trading volume or intraday price moves.

Hopefully someone can explain

I am always interested in directors dealings.  Yes they were off market transactions.

Now who would be in a position to buy R115mil of stock. Irrespective of whether they were options or not, again does it matter if they were free, cheap, vested previously donkeys years ago...?

The fact remains someone bought them. Either a very rich retail oke or some fund manager.  

So someone sees value at R100. You'd have to have a pretty compelling reason to purchase that amount.

Therefore I would imagine the directors would have to also put up an even better reason to convince the buyer it's a good investment.

Try and find out how many shares these guys hold.

My 2c 

Anyone need a heads up...!

#95 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:17 PM

Directors in this company have the reputation for going on a selling spree from time to time. Todays SENS indicates significant directors dealings, selling at R100 and a total value of R115,571,000. Quite significant and not sure how to read into this, whether they are share options they are exercising or actual shares they are off loading. I often wonder how many shares these guys have between them.

This never makes sense to me.

Are these off market transactions?

It doesn't equate with the daily trading volume or intraday price moves.

Hopefully someone can explain

Edited by gamma, 18 July 2013 - 10:20 PM.

#96 Saints

Saints

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationSandton

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:24 PM

Directors in this company have the reputation for going on a selling spree from time to time. Todays SENS indicates significant directors dealings, selling at R100 and a total value of R115,571,000. Quite significant and not sure how to read into this, whether they are share options they are exercising or actual shares they are off loading. I often wonder how many shares these guys have between them.

#97 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:16 PM

:P

Looks like its me against delta, Perreby, HDB and even the directors on this call!

I should probably be sh###ng in my pants right about now!

#98 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:13 PM

Liquidity problems with this stock...goes up in small volumes.. When one fund manager will want to sell...see this one gong back to R60/R70.00 and then too still expensive!!

HDB

#99 Perreby

Perreby

The Oracle

• 3,408 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:13 PM

Added more at 9040.

Are you serious..

Way to rich for my liking..

Gaan groot of gaan huis toe

#100 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts
  • Location37.2350° N, 115.8111° W

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:58 PM

Added more at 9040.

gamma, haven't directors been selling recently at around 90-92?  not saying they don't have forward potential but at current prices surely short term growth has been factored in

“melior diabolus quem scies”

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting