Only need to check price once a month now..... :D  

Anyone need a heads up...!

#42 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:17 PM

Funnily enough was looking at brait last night - have you noticed how many Iceland items are in Checkers these days? I wonder if Tiger Brands, Pioneers, AVI and unilever are worried..

Healthy cross pollination for  Dr Wiese me thinks.

#43 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:09 PM

Didn't  I say short the bounces on retailers and you laughed and called me chicken? Eat your words mate while I bank my profits!!! B)

HDB, I don't have a problem eating my words...or my chicken. I'm also now short SHP as the technicals point down but remember we were arguing about a much longer term picture and in that case I'm still bullish (for now) and especially on Woolies as the customer segment is very different. I definitely wouldn't short all retailers.

SHP I would think is much more sensitive to inflation and disposable income in the lower LSMs whereas this really shouldn't hurt Woolies to the same degree.

my 2c..

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#44 MrDividend

MrDividend

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:47 PM

Funnily enough was looking at brait last night - have you noticed how many Iceland items are in Checkers these days? I wonder if Tiger Brands, Pioneers, AVI and unilever are worried..

#45 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:43 PM

Didn't  I say short the bounces on retailers and you laughed and called me chicken? Eat your words mate while I bank my profits!!! B)

Interesting...on a day when all retailers are down Brait is up..

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#46 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:48 PM

I thought Brait was an Investment management  company, not a retailer ?

Correct, but their investments are mainly in retail making them a de facto retailer.

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#47 Mad Max

Mad Max

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:41 PM

I thought Brait was an Investment management  company, not a retailer ?

#48 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:39 PM

#49 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:10 PM

Last time I said this it dropped to R37ish

Here goes R40...........? :ph34r:

deja vu

glitch in the matrix?

:P

#50 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:23 PM

Could that be R40 in the rear view mirror....? :D

Me hopes so.

Last time I said this it dropped to R37ish

Here goes R40...........? :ph34r:

#51 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:12 PM

Delta, Gamma-

No, I'm not in, but I follow Brait. Think its a top stock but its running too high. We've seen unprecedented highs on world Indices- it just doesnt ad up with the reality on the ground. I think we're in very toppy territory right now especially with stocks like Brait where brokers/long termers/punters alike just dont see any downside. Didnt mean to piss on anyone's parade- let it pull back to say 200sma levels before looking at topping-up or entry. 

I dont disagree with you. Personally I'm holding here but objectively Brait is relatively undevalued to say an MPC despite somewhat of a similar business. That said you may be right and MPC might come back to BAT rather than the other way around. Difficult to say hence the hold. If the overall market quietens down I still think we'll see R50 before the year is out...

Long term I've no issue since the fundamentals look very good going forward. This is really an Africa play and that gig is only getting going.

So long story story is I think we saying more or less the same thing  :P

#52 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts
  • Location37.2350° N, 115.8111° W

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:31 AM

Didnt mean to piss on anyone's parade- let it pull back to say 200sma levels before looking at topping-up or entry. 

no prob, all your points have merit. 200sma does seem more prudent if entry or adding.

“melior diabolus quem scies”

#53 Bert.L

Bert.L

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:40 AM

Delta, Gamma-

No, I'm not in, but I follow Brait. Think its a top stock but its running too high. We've seen unprecedented highs on world Indices- it just doesnt ad up with the reality on the ground. I think we're in very toppy territory right now especially with stocks like Brait where brokers/long termers/punters alike just dont see any downside. Didnt mean to piss on anyone's parade- let it pull back to say 200sma levels before looking at topping-up or entry. 

#54 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:34 PM

I'd rather say there's a crash ahead buddy-

everything came down except price which is making a double top now. But good luck with 50

attachicon.gifBRAIT.png

Haven't looked at BATs chart of late but that does look suspect. Lets see what happens next few weeks. Trend up still looks solid and the fundamentals of the company support a move higher. After this strong run up maybe a short term correction is due, but a crash? I seriously doubt it

#55 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:44 PM

everything came down except price which is making a double top now. But good luck with 50

attachicon.gifBRAIT.png

those signals do indeed support correction...thanks for your input.  are you trading them?

#56 Bert.L

Bert.L

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:34 PM

Attached File  BRAIT.png   59.71KB   79 downloads

#57 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:39 PM

upward and onwards for brait :) ...see you soon 50.00

#58 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:20 PM

Me hopes so.

:D

#59 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:17 PM

Me hopes so.

#60 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:10 AM

You would receive divi as per normal trading, if you took bonus shares they would register in your account the following Monday from LDT.

However they would remain restricted and you would'nt be allowed to trade them until the time as the actual shareholder's receive theirs.

I'm pretty sure of the above but check with your broker to be sure.

Hope it helps.

Cheers. 

Thanks. Kind of as I thought.

Exi, impie, exi, scelerae, exi cum omnia fallacia tua

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting