Jump to content


Photo
- - - - -

Sibanye Gold


  • Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

#1 TheConflict

TheConflict

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationJhb

Posted 29 June 2017 - 02:06 PM

Palladium will out price Platinum probably before Q3. There was always a big price difference, upwards of $400 and is now a tenth of that. 

 

I think the banks need to rethink their Account branding. It shouldn't be Silver / Gold / Platinum anymore.... 

What should they have instead Bonds/Naspers/China?

 

Lol

 

or EM/Property/Bitcoin


  • 0

You win some you lose some...


#2 sommerso

sommerso

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 21 June 2017 - 04:40 PM

Palladium will out price Platinum probably before Q3. There was always a big price difference, upwards of $400 and is now a tenth of that. 

 

I think the banks need to rethink their Account branding. It shouldn't be Silver / Gold / Platinum anymore.... 


  • 0

#3 Rulz3

Rulz3

    Little Master

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 02:09 PM

Seems like no one can really do a valuation on the new SGL post Stillwater. Well SGL current market cap is less than the price they paid for Stillwater therefore if you buy SGL at these levels, you get the old SGL assets for free. That is if you believe Stillwater's price paid was fair and not overstated. Maybe SGL paid to much. But since the announcement Palladium prices up by 30%. My opinion is that SGL may have some crazy move short term but if you are a value investor its worth the punt at these levels.


  • 0

#4 CrescoRSA

CrescoRSA

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 11:52 AM

Going back to test previous lows of +- R14.50? It definitely can

 

Or will it go beyond that to under R12 in due course? Looking to add a little more, but not sure when. Still lots of uncertainty


  • 0

#5 CrescoRSA

CrescoRSA

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 03:11 PM

Cant help to think that this is not the bottom  :mellow: 
I could be totally wrong and it could shoot the lights out, but I still think there's some downside.

Anyone got input on this one? Jump in or wait?  

I'm personally waiting. Specially with the Rand strengthening so much


  • 0

#6 Olymphia

Olymphia

    Advanced Member

  • Senior Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 02 June 2017 - 10:17 AM

Have a look at this.  Hopefully it will help. https://www.fnb.co.z...ights_Issue.pdf

 

thanks


  • 0

#7 Muks

Muks

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 09:38 AM

Is the falling price due to shareholders not keen on Sibanye's recent acquisition?
  • 0

#8 Muks

Muks

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 09:37 AM

Can someone please explain the difference between SGL and SGNL

Have a look at this.  Hopefully it will help. https://www.fnb.co.z...ights_Issue.pdf


  • 0

#9 Olymphia

Olymphia

    Advanced Member

  • Senior Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 02 June 2017 - 08:27 AM

Yip, I'm only concerned with SGL. Looking to get in at some point, but not sure where that will be. Especially with the ZAR strengthening now, it could definitely hit and go under the R12.50 mark sooner than we think, also not good for SGL?

Please correct me if I'm wrong...

 

Can someone please explain the difference between SGL and SGNL


  • 0

#10 CrescoRSA

CrescoRSA

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 08:20 AM

They still have a week to go until RD +1 which is on the 12/06/2017. I would personally wait for SGL (not SGNL) to come to its lowest and then buy. 

 

https://markets.ft.c...casts?s=SGL:JNB

Yip, I'm only concerned with SGL. Looking to get in at some point, but not sure where that will be. Especially with the ZAR strengthening now, it could definitely hit and go under the R12.50 mark sooner than we think, also not good for SGL?

Please correct me if I'm wrong...


  • 0

#11 Ruvz

Ruvz

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 01:54 PM

On route to Zero the way its been going...

Im waiting on the sidelines for now. This one can still see PLENTY red

They still have a week to go until RD +1 which is on the 12/06/2017. I would personally wait for SGL (not SGNL) to come to its lowest and then buy. 

 

https://markets.ft.c...casts?s=SGL:JNB


  • 0

#12 CrescoRSA

CrescoRSA

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 01:02 PM

So this means NPL goes close to zero

On route to Zero the way its been going...

Im waiting on the sidelines for now. This one can still see PLENTY red


  • 0

#13 Muks

Muks

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 12:30 PM

I think it's going to test the rights issue price level.

So this means NPL goes close to zero


  • 0

#14 Ruvz

Ruvz

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 11:47 AM

I think it's going to test the rights issue price level.

And when it does.... BUY BUY BUY! 


  • 0

#15 davey

davey

    Newbie

  • Junior Member
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 01 June 2017 - 09:39 AM

I think it's going to test the rights issue price level.


  • 0

#16 CrescoRSA

CrescoRSA

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 04:20 PM

How low can this one go? Possible for to reach R10 in coming weeks? Obviously a relief rally is due soon, but after that?
  • 0

#17 CrescoRSA

CrescoRSA

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 01:04 PM

Strengthening ZAR all of a sudden also not helping them here, more downside in my opinion...
  • 0

#18 Request4

Request4

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 02:27 PM

 

Well, there you have it. Dropped to under R20 - should recover a little today. But doubt it, I would TOTALLY take up the offer. In my opinion, the current share price should drop even more. As you mentioned with more shares being offered as well as the offer price. I wont even buy at R20 now

 

Not sure why there is so much speculation on the price or what to do with you rights. Rights issues don't create or lose value for shareholders, the maths behind the ex rights price is actually very simple go and read about it.

The rights price now is 7.85 and sub price is 11.28 so that gives a converted price of 19.13, currently price is 19.05 so rights are slightly overvalued.
  • 1

#19 Muks

Muks

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 01:20 PM

You are not forced. You can sell your rights on the market if you wish not to exercise it. Currently the right is trading around R8. 

Great. Now his is an option I forgot about.


  • 0

#20 Rulz3

Rulz3

    Little Master

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 12:24 PM

What is happening is a travesty (a bit strong). This means that they are forcefully nudging us to take up the offer to make some bucks. Failing which we have seen our portfolio drop by about 32% (i.e. from R28 to R19)  . Eish!!!

You are not forced. You can sell your rights on the market if you wish not to exercise it. Currently the right is trading around R8. 


  • 0





Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting