108 replies to this topic

#1 sommerso

sommerso

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 25 April 2017 - 10:32 AM

Thank you Rulz. I never read the reconciliation of the shares when the rights were offered. We live we learn. Stillwater was approved. Just waiting on Stillwater to approve it on their side. The stronger Rand might help with the acquisition of Stillwater. 

Let's see what the rights come to. I only have about R42K to spend, so can't really take them up on the rights. Just want to get in before the tide turns.

#2 Rulz3

Rulz3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 10:01 AM

Does anyone know if the rights will come with a share dilution like Lonmin did? I can't remember what they called it. There is some technical term where the shares get "redistributed" or was it because Lonmin did it differently? 

No with Lonmin there was so many shares in issue after the rights they reconciled 100 shares to 1. Meaning if you had 100 lonmin shares you will only have 1 afterwards. But with this the price if 1c at the time will be 100c in theory after the reconciliation. Normally done when the value per share is so low. Afdawn also done it a while ago. Santova 3 years ago or so.

#3 sommerso

sommerso

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 25 April 2017 - 09:43 AM

Does anyone know if the rights will come with a share dilution like Lonmin did? I can't remember what they called it. There is some technical term where the shares get "redistributed" or was it because Lonmin did it differently? 

#4 Rulz3

Rulz3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 08:05 AM

It is difficult to guess. I'm very curious. It really depends what the stock is worth at the time of issue. I know ACL had a rights issue the beginning of the year for about 60% of the share price. It really depends. But normally it is below the shareprice to get buy in from shareholders.  

Please, anyone, correct my wrongness? 

I haven't seen a rights issue that is higher than the share price at the time of issue. These rights to be issued is killing my investment. Falling from R35 to R27 and seems like market wants it more down.

#5 sommerso

sommerso

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 24 April 2017 - 09:41 PM

It is difficult to guess. I'm very curious. It really depends what the stock is worth at the time of issue. I know ACL had a rights issue the beginning of the year for about 60% of the share price. It really depends. But normally it is below the shareprice to get buy in from shareholders.  

Please, anyone, correct my wrongness? 

#6 du plessis

du plessis

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationBosveld

Posted 24 April 2017 - 01:03 PM

what amount do you think will the rights offer be maybe R25 

#7 sommerso

sommerso

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:09 AM

Yesterday's butchering of Gold stocks got me slightly jittery. I cannot disagree, SGL is a good run company with good foundations, but the market doesn't seem to agree knocking it from it's R68 pedestal last year to just about R24 beginning of this. 

One would think with North Korea looming, Brexit happening, Junk status and the ever populist uncertainty seemingly growing in the EU that this share would've been above R100 already. 

.... I'll just wait to hear what the rights offer is and get back in then. 

#8 Dividend Master

Dividend Master

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:08 PM

Foreign currency earnings, bulk gold export from SA taking advantage of the ZAR weakening on the back of the political and economic systems unfavourable outlook, should bolster the share price and handsome dividends. I see this stock getting over the R100-mark before the end of the year. Gold price is on the upward trajectory and Sibanye majority costs  are Rand-based whilst the earnings are Dollar-based. I am grabing them, piece by piece!

#9 PlatinumWealth.co.za

PlatinumWealth.co.za

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 08:05 PM

I am keeping it, it's a good run company and this country is junk so that should help. 

(Granted I am not a fan of gold)

JSE and ZARX Finance and Investment Forum -> https://platinumwealth.co.za/

Do you run an investment club? -> https://www.platinum...nvestment-Clubs

The Stock Watch Thread Download the App - Google Play or Apple App Store

#10 sommerso

sommerso

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:08 AM

Time to awaken this topic .... 

Thoughts on the rights issue? 

#11 grr

grr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 12:04 PM

On a real tear today...+9%<br />

#12 ThatBlackGuy

ThatBlackGuy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:48 AM

http://www.mineweb.c...47413&sn=Detail

Goldman Sachs bearish on Gold price.

Yes, I will take your money!  :ph34r:

#13 ThatBlackGuy

ThatBlackGuy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 29 May 2014 - 09:47 AM

25.50 is way to high considering the low for the last year 6.74

It's a gold price pull back. Which is temporary in my view.

I'm not an entry price expert though ... so I cant say. 

I think there will be some price action on the back of Amplats deal (if there is such a deal announced when the strike is over.)

Management have proven themselves when it comes to labour relations and out of favour gold mines. Can this translate to the platinum space?

I tend to think the market will give them the benefit of the doubt.

#14 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 28 May 2014 - 02:24 PM

as per charts it can fall much lower or reverse back up as of todays close..

Watch closely!!

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#15 M e r l i n

M e r l i n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationSANDTON

Posted 28 May 2014 - 02:21 PM

Any ideas on an entry price following the recent dip? I'm thinking of getting in around R25.50.

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. (Isaac Asimov)

#16 Davidish

Davidish

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:56 AM

Any ideas on an entry price following the recent dip? I'm thinking of getting in around R25.50.

#17 du plessis

du plessis

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationBosveld

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:36 AM

I think this will be very positive for the share price

#18 Bossie940

Bossie940

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 07:17 PM

They indicated in the media a few months back that they are interested as soon as the strikes are over

Bossie

#19 du plessis

du plessis

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationBosveld

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:38 AM

The roomer in Rustenburg is that Sibanye is just waiting for the strikes to be resolved then Sibanye is going to make the announcement that they going to buy Anglo Rustenburg. :rolleyes:

#20 ThatBlackGuy

ThatBlackGuy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:48 AM

I own this stock... I like management. 

Seems like a deal has been struck for a business performing complimentary activities around their mines. (I breezed through the SENS just to make sure it's nothing catastrophic.) No pricing information as yet, but its a share deal, which may suggest that management think that the SBL share is not cheap. 

I'm sure they'll be some P/E magic as well when earnings are re-rated for SBL. 

Difficult to say what a good pullback is on the stock as it approaches R30 a share (what my target price was earlier this year), but 2,5% seems decent enough for me to advise a dabble. 

My two cents

Pull back on SGL following the Gold price, any idea on good entry level for a long?

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting