139 replies to this topic

#61 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:42 PM

gold  is making a butterfly  pattern...Wil test lows  of 1320 again!!!

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#62 Ninja

Ninja

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:46 PM

if gold price has double bottomed here between $1320 - $1350.... upside targest are $1480 then $1630 

#63 Griffin

Griffin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:01 PM

Now go have a look at FGL

#64 jaDEB

jaDEB

jaDEB

• 2,951 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:07 AM

OK, I just sold, R11,20. Lost 21%. Hope it crashes to R5 then I will buy again ... FFS....

jaDEB

I got my heebie-jeebies in a hidden bag

Oasis

#65 jaDEB

jaDEB

jaDEB

• 2,951 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:32 AM

Attached File  1a9081aac1clb1dfrfdsgwsw.jpg   81.06KB   26 downloads

jaDEB

Oasis

#66 Moonraker

Moonraker

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationGeorge

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:03 PM

=Peter Major Moneyweb 14-4-2013

I’ve heard the foreign shareholding of Sibanye has hit a low of 3% less than what it was when it was unbundled. Now that was about ten days ago but I’m very willing to put money on with anybody that at the end of May Sibanye has a higher foreign shareholding than on the day they got unbundled and that’s a pretty loud good message I think.

#67 jaDEB

jaDEB

jaDEB

• 2,951 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:58 AM

OK, I am not going to invest Orca's CML thread with my gold calls......here it goes, hope it make you feel better jaDEB.

I will see what gold does tonight when Asian markets open.

Investors seem to be in the habit of brushing off any worrying news this year

SGL - At the same time, total cash costs had risen to R252874/kg  - Gold now R432257 / Kg.

Buy-and-hold Sibanye Gold shares to profit from dividends

Gold has had klapped like this before.

Attached File  1ag2gu1aac1clb1dfrfdsgwsw.jpg   85.85KB   31 downloads

jaDEB

Oasis

#68 jaDEB

jaDEB

jaDEB

• 2,951 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:56 AM

In compliance with paragraph 3.83 of the JSE Limited
Listings Requirements and section 122 (3)(B) of the
Companies Act 71 of 2008 ("the Act"), shareholders are
advised that Sibanye Gold has received formal notification
in accordance with section 122(1) of the Act from Investec
Asset Management (Pty) Ltd ("IAM")
which holds Sibanye Gold
shares under the management on behalf of segregated
clients, that IAM in aggregate, increased its beneficial
interest in the securities of the Company, such that the
total interest in securities of the Company held
collectively by IAM amounts to 15.08% (previously 14.93%)
of the total number of securities in issue.

Sibanye Gold will, as required by section 122 (3)(a) of the
Companies Act file the required notice with the Take Over
Regulations Panel.

Libanon
28 March 2013

jaDEB

Oasis

#69 jaDEB

jaDEB

jaDEB

• 2,951 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:20 PM

Sounds good .... hope it keeps running ....and there I thought my volatile days was over with UUU. Ja sure, here, have another tablet.

index.php/fa/7475/0/

Attached Files

jaDEB

Oasis

#70 du plessis

du plessis

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationBosveld

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:20 AM

David McKay | Tue, 26 Mar 2013 10:09

If this is in 3 months wat can happen in 1 year
Laughing
miningmx.com] BUFFETED by a power outage that downed its Carletonville mines, and a fire at Beatrix mine in the Free State province, Sibanye Gold still managed to generate enough cash in the first quarter of its 2013 financial year to lop R570m off its debt pile.
"Sibanye Gold is pleased to report that it has redeemed R570m of its bridge loan facilities, from cash generated during the first three months of F2013," the company said in an announcement to the JSE today.
As a result, gross debt fell to R4bn and net debt to R3.6bn. In terms of its bridging loan agreement, it was obliged to pay down R500m during the financial year.
Apart from putting itself in a position to renegotiate the more onerous terms of its debt, incurred partly from the six week strike at its Carletonville and Free State mines last year, Sibanye Gold is also likely to make good on its listing promise that it would be a high yield (high dividend-paying) investment option.
It was calculated that at a listing price of anywhere between R10 to R15/share, Sibanye Gold could pay a dividend yield of up to 10%. The share opened on the JSE at R13.05/share on February 11.
"We didn't have the best quarter so imagine what we can do if we can get through the year without a major strike or some other mishap," said James Wellstead, head of investor relations at Sibanye Gold.
"We would like to start restructuring our debt. We don't want to be in a position where the banks dictate what we do with the cash we generate," he said.
The market seems generally appreciative of Sibanye Gold, at least on a relative basis; certainly there hasn't been the enormous slump in its share price that some anticipated and based on the view that foreign investors would rapidly exit the stock.
The shares has traded heavily, however. Some 50% of its market capitalisation - about R4.5bn - has traded since it listed. This means that while the company's share register is changing at a rate of knots, it is finding willing buyers.
The stock has outperformed AngloGold Ashanti (-12%) and Gold Fields (-21%) and level-pegged with Harmony Gold the shares of which are down 6.30% since the beginning of February. Shares in Sibanye Gold are 7.6% weaker since the beginning of February.
The weakness in the shares of Gold Fields is an interesting development as it was hoped that free from its troubled South African assets - now contained in Sibanye Gold following their unbundling - the share would re-rate.
Broad economic conditions have been against Gold Fields. The liquidation of gold-backed exchange traded funds in January and February, following an uptick in general equities based on expectations of higher global growth, have worked against gold stocks globally.
The outperformance of Harmony and Sibanye may also be closely tied to the weakness of the rand against the dollar which has taken the price received for all of Sibanye's and most of Harmony's gold to R475,729/kg.

#71 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:07 PM

Moonraker wrote on Tue, 26 March 2013 16:01
jaDEB wrote on Tue, 26 March 2013 15:32

Also found on another 2 websites - Target $10.60....cannot open as u have to subscribe..pfft cheapskates.

If you need to supply an email address, you can use this site to temporarily assign you one. http://10minutemail....Mail/about.html

Brilliant...Thanks Moonraker!!

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#72 Moonraker

Moonraker

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationGeorge

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:01 PM

jaDEB wrote on Tue, 26 March 2013 15:32

Also found on another 2 websites - Target $10.60....cannot open as u have to subscribe..pfft cheapskates.

If you need to supply an email address, you can use this site to temporarily assign you one should you for eg. want to post a comment but don't want your real email address divulged. http://10minutemail....Mail/about.html

#73 jaDEB

jaDEB

jaDEB

• 2,951 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:32 PM

From CNBC

"South African labour risk poses the key threat, but at current gold prices the stock is cheap enough in our view," HSBC says in a note to clients.

Now I am not saying any1 must buy, it just makes me feel better.

index.php/fa/7463/0/

Attached Files

jaDEB

Oasis

#74 jaDEB

jaDEB

jaDEB

• 2,951 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:35 PM

Hopefully this 1 is now recovering, only starting to show profit at R14... Shocked

index.php/fa/7462/0/

Attached Files

jaDEB

Oasis

#75 jaDEB

jaDEB

jaDEB

• 2,951 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:02 PM

DRD is 100% in Port which I am doing for some1 else Crying or Very Sad , mine is 100 SGL... Very Happy smile is due to drugs kicking in...dosage is enough, will smile till SGL hits R14.
jaDEB

Oasis

#76 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:45 PM

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0xpGc-YWmf-TDdKkKofEtODh526mstd_OcpuE7uwqLruJ_ZUS

Ok gonna use an old mind trick.

Close above R13 Close above R13 Close above R13

Close above R13 Close above R13 Close above R13

P.S. I see your DRD balancing things out so far..?

Anyone need a heads up...!

#77 jaDEB

jaDEB

jaDEB

• 2,951 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:44 PM

index.php/fa/7454/0/

Attached Files

jaDEB

Oasis

#78 jaDEB

jaDEB

jaDEB

• 2,951 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:09 PM

Thanks Soutie. Will take extra tablets today and hope the seagull stays out of the kitchen.

Hope it helps as it's not any-thing you didn't know already but I would hang in as if you sell you are agreeing to the loss.. Very Happy Thanks.

There's big volumes going through today so ride out today and check next week with futures close out, Cyprus nonsense and the arrival of Laughing Justin Beber Laughing soon has markets all over the show. Confused Agree

Where ever that level is and the market will decide it may take a couple of back-tests to confirm that R12? or R11? whatever the number eventually is. - Confused Hopefully R14...

index.php/fa/7453/0/

Attached Files

jaDEB

Oasis

#79 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:42 AM

Hey jaDEB

I'm on the liquid diet or more commonly known as the Super Rugby/SAB diet.

Main thing with SGL is the uncertainty around SA mines in general, we all know what they are and they can be worked out. However we live here so we know the recent power outages were because of a lightning strike at a sub-station and resultant fire. In London or more to SGL's case New York they here power outages strikes at Medupi, wage negotiations around the corner, Eskom's spare capacity etc..... Perfect storm....
Bad news sells so much better than good many times over.True or not Rolling Eyes

As for hitting stops,sell signals that's your call, personally I think this is the first real test of SGL to see just how low it will go? where will some support emerge and will the buying be enough for a support level to establish. Where ever that level is and the market will decide it may take a couple of back-tests to confirm that R12? or R11? whatever the number eventually is.

I got out of most of my resource counters and only hold junior coal stocks at the moment, I tend to agree with Orca gold stocks are for trading.

Hope it helps as it's not any-thing you didn't know already but I would hang in as if you sell you are agreeing to the loss... Rolling Eyes

There's big volumes going through today so ride out today and check next week with futures close out, Cyprus nonsense and the arrival of Justin Beber soon has markets all over the show.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-tPJDSyTYw4nlDZrFKExxw3hgU3a1XGQ-z7O7baKy86cl2wXm-Q

Anyone need a heads up...!

#80 jaDEB

jaDEB

jaDEB

• 2,951 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:19 AM

Thanks Soutie, I was reading 3 questions to ask before picking a diet on Moneyweb, (WTF !!).... in any case I would like your opinion.

SGL is close to my stoploss, but I am hesitant to sell due to the following.

PE is 2.56
Rand is R9.32
Gold is 1610
I read that lots of sellers will come from overseas market (overhang) but once that is done it will stabilize.

I think the upward potential on this one is good, what is your take, or any1 else for that fact.

jaDEB

Oasis

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting