102 replies to this topic

#21 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:52 AM

I'm not. Mix is well managed, highly profitable and highly cash generative and growing subscribers across the world. This is an investment HDB not a trade.

Gamma u called this as a 10 bagger frm R6. Me think u shud be concerned!!!

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#22 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:30 PM

Gamma u called this as a 10 bagger frm R6. Me think u shud be concerned!!!

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#23 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:29 PM

Yep I agree. Average results but I'm not concerned. Things are picking up in the world economy and mix is well positioned.
My call is HOLD

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#24 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:15 PM

I'm happy to hold this one, any other smallcaps popped up on your radar recently Gamma?

Good weekend to all!

Never underestimate the potential for human stupidity when wealth and power are at stake!

#25 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:21 AM

It's not that bad but not great either, perhaps why the share took dip today and may even go to around the R4 mark? But this was sort of expected due to the US expansion etc I'd say, will keep my holding and perhaps add some more on the dips..

Gamma, your thoughts?

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#26 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:19 AM

Yep I agree. Average results but I'm not concerned. Things are picking up in the world economy and mix is well positioned.
My call is HOLD

It's not that bad but not great either, perhaps why the share took dip today and may even go to around the R4 mark? But this was sort of expected due to the US expansion etc I'd say, will keep my holding and perhaps add some more on the dips..

Gamma, your thoughts?

#27 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:18 AM

My call is HOLD

Gamma, your thoughts?

#28 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 05:18 PM

Gamma, your thoughts?

Never underestimate the potential for human stupidity when wealth and power are at stake!

#29 TheLittleGuy

TheLittleGuy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:17 PM

Right some results released today, what do you guys think?

Very average.

Net Profit flattered by a R25mln gain in FX, without it NP would have be down ~32% Y/Y. Ultimately Rev was up only 3% while Adj EBITDA was down 5.35%. Vehicles added was okay at +26% Y/Y but obviously at low rate. 

Mgmt reiterated guidance FY14 guidance of 15-16c/shr despite the Rand falling out of bed vs the $ since they first gave guidance in Nov. So real operating earnings are weak. 

On the positive side, MIX got their first order in Brazil, which could ultimately be a big market. 

I have not listened to the conference call yet but by the look of the numbers, Europe must still be struggling & US tough. 

EPS will be down 20% Y/Y in FY14, stock trading at 30x. No doubt there is huge market potential but MIX need to execute..

I am watching from the sidelines for the time being. 

#30 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:34 PM

Right some results released today, what do you guys think?

#31 Queen B

Queen B

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:24 AM

Interim results out this morning.
They look pretty good if I have read correctly?
I agree the share is fully priced, bit may see some upward movement again with these results

#32 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:35 AM

Hi Gamma
Can't open the video on my IPad - obviously flash
What was the verdict with Mix? Still got potential,or run out of steam?

Summary:

impressed with co
illiquid shares
opportunity for buy out (given geographical coverage)
1 said HOT and 1 said NOT (saying it is fully priced)

“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.” - Lewis Carroll

#33 Queen B

Queen B

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:26 AM

http://www.cnbcafric...d=2787059165001

Hi Gamma
Can't open the video on my IPad - obviously flash
What was the verdict with Mix? Still got potential,or run out of steam?

#34 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:01 PM

http://www.cnbcafric...d=2787059165001

#35 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:47 PM

as a long term investment it looks quite expensive at the moment - http://www.relativev....co.za/mix.html

Possibly, but think the current price due to the listing and its prospects in the US.. still very happy to hold at this stage

Edited by Goliath, 15 October 2013 - 04:50 PM.

#36 brendonfiddes

brendonfiddes

• PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:38 PM

as a long term investment it looks quite expensive at the moment - http://www.relativev....co.za/mix.html

#37 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:26 PM

Bounced back from a low of 490 four days ago - now 550±

Rather volatile indeed, but is the correction from recent overexuberant price levels over,

or will we see it down again.

Results expectations seem too high - wish they would put out a trading update. 

I think it'll hover around the R5 range for the next 3 - 6 months, that is if the results is just mediocre and no trading statement released.. :)

#38 Moonraker

Moonraker

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationGeorge

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:58 AM

Bounced back from a low of 490 four days ago - now 550±

Rather volatile indeed, but is the correction from recent overexuberant price levels over,

or will we see it down again.

Results expectations seem too high - wish they would put out a trading update. 

#39 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:09 PM

Will leave for know, have enough so will wait and see where this ones goes with the next set of results..

#40 Moonraker

Moonraker

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationGeorge

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:43 PM

I would not recommend adding yet. It is still pulling back after its meteoric move. 

Too volatile at the moment. needs to settle into a groove before I would add more, esp if 20% of your portfolio

but hey if you feel like the risk go for it!

Good advice gamma, haven't bought yet thanks to your previous recommendation. 

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting