102 replies to this topic

#41 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:05 PM

Big drop today! Contemplating adding more.. is already 20% of my portfolio, hmm what to do! :rolleyes:

I would not recommend adding yet. It is still pulling back after its meteoric move. 

Too volatile at the moment. needs to settle into a groove before I would add more, esp if 20% of your portfolio

but hey if you feel like the risk go for it!

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#42 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:53 PM

Big drop today! Contemplating adding more.. is already 20% of my portfolio, hmm what to do! :rolleyes:

Never underestimate the potential for human stupidity when wealth and power are at stake!

#43 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:21 AM

I like MIX - nice jump since the last post to 580. gamma's optimism not misplaced at all. 

Well diversified Rand hedge.

I will buy some for LT.

volume has dried up after all the recent action. 

I love this company and own a fair chunk but would suggest to be somewhat careful. Its gone up quick and hard and my guess is that most of the upside is priced in, at least until the next set of results. If you are looking at a 5 year play then entering now is probably fine.

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#44 Moonraker

Moonraker

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationGeorge

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:13 PM

I like MIX - nice jump since the last post to 580. gamma's optimism not misplaced at all. 

Well diversified Rand hedge.

I will buy some for LT.

Edited by Moonraker, 01 October 2013 - 08:15 PM.

#45 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:54 PM

MIX 1Q numbers out. Pretty much in line with previous guidance. 

MIX's FY14 guidance looks soft. Sub revs growing at 20% but  Adj Ebitda looks like it is going to be down Y/Y. I guess they still battling to turn Europe around and spending in ramping up Brazil. The holy grail is still the US and breaking into other sectors besides O&G. 

Conference call at 14:00 

yep i agree. could be they are being conservative in order to over deliver. time will tell. 

as for ebitda, they are investing heavily which hopefully is going to pay off.

#46 TheLittleGuy

TheLittleGuy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:20 AM

btw, I wasn't insinuating you didn't own it...

I was insinuating you were wrong about the pullback to R3 

:D

MIX 1Q numbers out. Pretty much in line with previous guidance. 

MIX's FY14 guidance looks soft. Sub revs growing at 20% but  Adj Ebitda looks like it is going to be down Y/Y. I guess they still battling to turn Europe around and spending in ramping up Brazil. The holy grail is still the US and breaking into other sectors besides O&G. 

Conference call at 14:00 

#47 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:38 PM

You trying to insinuate i did not own this stock??  :angry:

Check the second post on your thread from the old share chat!!

http://www.sharechat...ex.php/t/12652/     :rolleyes:  :D

See i dont pump stocks i own..I write what i see..If no buyers, i  say "no buyers in sight"!! If it goes it, i shout' Go you good thing" 

Gamma i trade stocks everyday for a living...So i am a trader and will pay the tax as such!! :)

btw, I wasn't insinuating you didn't own it...

I was insinuating you were wrong about the pullback to R3 

:D

#48 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:36 PM

See i dont pump stocks i own..I write what i see..If no buyers, i  say "no buyers in sight"!! If it goes it, i shout' Go you good thing" 

Gamma i trade stocks everyday for a living...So i am a trader and will pay the tax as such!! :)

trade stocks and eat chicken...

not a bad life you got there HDB!

thanks for finding the old thread

#49 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:53 PM

err..HDB

Queue you posts from a few months ago  ;)

Really can't believe you trading this illiquid share. So 40% tax on that profit then!

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#50 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:23 PM

Should see a pullback to R3.00 soon!! B)

Seems like buyers dried up again??? :wub:

err..HDB

Queue you posts from a few months ago  ;)

Really can't believe you trading this illiquid share. So 40% tax on that profit then!

#51 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:15 PM

I sold mine at R6.00 when it fell from its high!!( bought at R2.85

Something bugs me about this share..Went too high too quickly...Only reason i can pin to it was its overseas listing. Why should it more than double because of that? Obviously some fund managers have been chasing it...But why?????? Its such a small cap. If holding company Imperial found "Excess" value in it like these fund managers are doing, they would have taken this company out a long time ago!!

I feel give it 6 months to a year and we will see a major pullback back towars R4.00 which is my fair value!!

But hay if it still shoots the lights out who am i to regret.. I made over 100% in less than 15 months!! Im not going to leave that profit on the table whatever happens!!

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#52 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:10 PM

Maybe wait for a pullback like it did earlier at sub R6, gamma what do you think?

Honestly don't know..

perhaps best thing is to wait for the next set of results. It has run hard and so perhaps a pullback is more likely than a further rise.

But then again the run up might not be done. 

I'm definitely not adding, but only because my holding is pretty heavy  in my portfolio right now

#53 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:44 PM

At current levels? 

Maybe wait for a pullback like it did earlier at sub R6, gamma what do you think?

Never underestimate the potential for human stupidity when wealth and power are at stake!

#54 HendrikB

HendrikB

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSouth East Asia

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:36 PM

Gamma convinced me and if you look at the company now and it's track record, why wouldn't you want to punt a few..

At current levels? 

#55 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:06 PM

So you think that its a good idea to buy now any hold for a year? I am just a bit scared to buy in above R6 as all the good news has been released with great expectations. and if they don't reach target next year, the price could go down.... so not too sure what to do

jdm007

Its still a small cap and will be volatile.

My view is not to look for short term moves with a company like this. You need to look at it and ask yourself could this become a major player one day. If that happens all you need to do is retire.

Having said that, these investments are more like venture capital, 9 may fail but if you manage your risk correctly then the 1 that pays off will be more than worth it.

It's not a style of investing for everyone and you certainly wouldn't expose yourself too heavily in these higher risk opportunities. There is also little point in trading relatively illiquid shares like these.

On Mix

They have the track record

They are innovative

They have a global footprint

They now have the capital to take it too the next level - look out for corporate action in the next few months

Financially they have low debt and generate a high percentage of cash.

Major risks are that they are a tech company and can always be disrupted by innovation.

Share price

Rapid rise so I would not be surprised if it pulls back a bit but predicting share prices are notoriously difficult. For all we know it could be at 12 this time next year (or 4)..

Before you make a decision I suggest go read through their last annual report and listen to some of the recent interviews with the CEO, Joselowitz

#56 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:51 PM

So you think that its a good idea to buy now any hold for a year? I am just a bit scared to buy in above R6 as all the good news has been released with great expectations. and if they don't reach target next year, the price could go down.... so not too sure what to do

Gamma convinced me and if you look at the company now and it's track record, why wouldn't you want to punt a few..

#57 Jonny

Jonny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:20 PM

I'm far from expert to advise on this. Gamma seems more clued-up on that :) .

Some people I spoke to recommended MIX on a short term hold (selling close to results, most likely believing the healthy run will reverse and get calm before next set of results). There is all kinds of good news in the share price – so, the question is do you believe it can deliver? Probably don’t want to end your day in tears like the Discovery guys are doing. I'm sure you will find slow profit taking after this good run. The SENS announcement is still good news (in my view) because you have big companies out there that believe this share will perform well in the long run. 

I sometimes wonder if it is worth sweating about the highs and lows and managing everything actively or just go passive and ride everything out in the long run. Might be better on your health bills  :D

My posts are my opinion and shouldn't be seen as investment advise from me or the view of the organisation I work for.

Do your own research before engaging in trades/investments  :)

#58 jdm007

jdm007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:54 PM

Was thinking of selling after results, but maybe it will be a better idea to convert this into one of my long term holds.

#59 Jonny

Jonny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:50 AM

yep, its certainly a vote of confidence in the company.

I really think the sky is the limit for Mix. The market potential is absolutely massive and hardly penetrated at all.

There will come a time when every fleet/vehicle/mobile asset will have telematry standard.

Was thinking of selling after results, but maybe it will be a better idea to convert this into one of my long term holds.

My posts are my opinion and shouldn't be seen as investment advise from me or the view of the organisation I work for.

Do your own research before engaging in trades/investments  :)

#60 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:02 AM

Nice SENS announcement out today. Hopefully going to attract some more investors. Wouldn't mind MIX running some more - been a good year  :)

"TRP121: NOTIFICATION OF AN ACQUISITION OR DISPOSAL OF A BENEFICIAL INTEREST IN SECURITIES

In terms of section 122 of the Companies Act 71 of 2008, if a company receives notification from any
person that has either acquired or disposed of a beneficial interest in sufficient number of any class of
securities in the company such that, as a result of the acquisition or disposal (as the case may be) the
person's beneficial interest in that class of securities moves above or below 5% or any multiple of 5% of
that class of securities, the acquisition or disposal needs to be disclosed to shareholders.

Accordingly, shareholders are advised that MiX Telematics has received notification from Massachusetts
Financial Services Company (registered as an investment advisor with the US Securities Exchange
Commission) ("MFS") of its acquisition of that number of MiX Telematics American Depositary Shares
listed on the New York Stock Exchange such that MFS now indirectly beneficially holds 5.18% of the total

issued shares of the company."

yep, its certainly a vote of confidence in the company.

I really think the sky is the limit for Mix. The market potential is absolutely massive and hardly penetrated at all.

There will come a time when every fleet/vehicle/mobile asset will have telematry standard.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting