• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 boerboel

boerboel

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 992 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:31 AM

We have a deal with a number of online platforms-a lot cheaper and 100% reliable.

#42 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:01 AM

I'm not a professional or a trader and can only speak from personal experience:
I can't say that I can recommend IGM - Too much slippage; too many orders not being filled; also too many stoplosses being "spiked" out. That's on their online platform. Can't say whether their DMA L2 platform has the same problems. Also, their commission still relatively high when compared to other no-commision "overseas" brokers, such as Intertrader and Plus500, but their spreads are a bit larger and even they have not been without problems.
I also don't think regulation counts for much, as the process is terribly cumbersome and difficult, even with the SA FSB, but I feel a bit "safer" with SOME regulation and my money being "closer to home".

Exi, impie, exi, scelerae, exi cum omnia fallacia tua

#43 HendrikB

HendrikB

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSouth East Asia

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:51 AM

Goliath wrote on Mon, 25 March 2013 08:17
I'm stuck with FNB for now but if I could change I would go to PSG!

Im with FNB too. It's pretty basic and doesn't give you many options. Not good if you're an active investor.

#44 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:17 AM

I'm stuck with FNB for now but if I could change I would go to PSG!
Never underestimate the potential for human stupidity when wealth and power are at stake!

#45 moyes

moyes

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:31 AM

Thanks for the comment. I have a looked into IGmarkets and they have a few bad reviews in Australia and UK, but they could be very different in SA.

Saxo Capital Markets SA is part of the Saxo Bank Group and they are also new in South Africa. They have quite a few awards abroad that they have won. I will also look into them to see what their reviews are like.

By the sounds of things though, PSGonline might be top of the list for now.

#46 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:53 PM

IG Markets in my opinion has an excellent platform. Very quick buy and sell reaction time and access to advanced charts etc. I only use them ito trading the Top40 index. Happy with them in this context.

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#47 moyes

moyes

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:47 PM

Hi, as a rookie investor, I looking at investing a lump sum with Standard Bank Online Share Trading and invest in the SatrixDiv and
SatrixRafi. Can anyone tell me what the fees would be like and the minimum amount I should invest with?

Also, I was also considering looking at investing in individual shares from companies overseas that I have been paying close attention to like Apple, SPDR Gold Trust ETF, Shares Silver Trust SLV, Raw materials Index, just to name a few.

IGmarkets are regulated and don't seem to be a bucket shop. PSG online are very reputable, but don't give me the option to buy overseas shares and neither does Standard Bank platform.

Does anyone have any experience with IGmarkets that they could share with me?

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting