7058 replies to this topic

#4861 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:40 PM

Taking a small long on ABIL, looking for min 5% bounce. Will lock in stop if it makes that and then let it run

Working out nicely.

up 7% locked in at 5%, letting it run from here

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#4862 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,918 posts
  • Location37.2350° N, 115.8111° W

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:33 PM

Tell me about it. Sorry, my last remark re WHL was insensitive; hope it works well for you. I'm heavily exposed to CML (almost 50% of my portfolio), so can't complain too much, I guess.

no prob BBW :) ...own a chunk in LT as well and very happy with their growth.  in hindsight, should have opened a "long" contract on them a while back with a medium term view/target (ie.hold for 3-6months)

in the future...when there's a decent retractment on CML that's exactly what i'll do

“melior diabolus quem scies”

#4863 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:36 PM

yes, tough trading conditions BBW especially with "tapering" rumours/fact.  i'm very exposed leveraged wise (all long positions)and bleeding money somewhat.  best to adopt a wait and watch approach until entering into any new positions.

Tell me about it. Sorry, my last remark re WHL was insensitive; hope it works well for you. I'm heavily exposed to CML (almost 50% of my portfolio), so can't complain too much, I guess.

Exi, impie, exi, scelerae, exi cum omnia fallacia tua

#4864 @sirgrantfleming

@sirgrantfleming

jedi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:13 PM

so they results of Coronation is good - do we go long?

#ADMIN - please sort out the overall forum as things dont seem to be working properly when you post.

Now it is time to go long.

Twitter: @sirgrantfleming

#4865 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:47 AM

yes, tough trading conditions BBW especially with "tapering" rumours/fact.  i'm very exposed leveraged wise (all long positions)and bleeding money somewhat.  best to adopt a wait and watch approach until entering into any new positions.

#4866 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:39 AM

yeah..it hurts with entry at 72.61 but i'm riding this one down all the way(68 would be a great entry..imo)..my broker(Nedbank) put out a buy rec on TFG/in on CFD side already so hoping it turns.  locked in "retailers" for the moment and feeling the heat..no pain-no gain :D

Thanks. Hope WHL gets there then. Just now stopped out of my ARI trade (Open 19300 SL 18780 TP 20000). This "proper" trading just doesn't seem to work for me, so will maar keep with my long term trades.

#4867 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:27 AM

I've been long on IPL for a couple of days now and feeling the heat. 

@ BBW = Would you suggest a "get ot now and re-enter later" move based on your above comment?

Yes, IPL's approaching my SL mark and has already broken through the support line I've drawn, so a little unsure, but will probably buy again (if I sell).

#4868 Aragorn

Aragorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationMiddle Earth

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:19 AM

Out of WHL with a big loss. What should be good price to get in again - 6800 or 6000?? Next one on the chopping block's IPL, although this was a recommendation from my broker?

I've been long on IPL for a couple of days now and feeling the heat. 

@ BBW = Would you suggest a "get ot now and re-enter later" move based on your above comment?

Not idly do the leaves of Lorien fall.

#4869 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:07 AM

Out of WHL with a big loss. What should be good price to get in again - 6800 or 6000?? Next one on the chopping block's IPL, although this was a recommendation from my broker?

yeah..it hurts with entry at 72.61 but i'm riding this one down all the way(68 would be a great entry..imo)..my broker(Nedbank) put out a buy rec on TFG/in on CFD side already so hoping it turns.  locked in "retailers" for the moment and feeling the heat..no pain-no gain :D

#4870 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:58 AM

Stopped out my KIO long  :(

Trades not going well lately.

Taking a break for the rest of the week to drink & sulk.   :(  :(  :(  :(    :blink:  :unsure:  :blink:  :blink:

Or rather get in touch with my feminine side  :P

Anyone need a heads up...!

#4871 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:50 AM

#4872 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:44 AM

If the Neotel deal comes off it'll put them on a different growth path as they'll literally be competition for Telkom.

Listened to the CEO the other night & he talked about the relationship between VOD & the parent Vodaphone available cash on hand etc..

Plus the way forward attracting the home through better ADSL packages fibre cabling  then also same kinda strategy for businesses full compliment of services. 

But yeah I agree with all your comments, I'm not sure the divi is gonna be affected though.

Anyway closed my long for a small profit.  

#4873 AJS

AJS

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:06 AM

Decent results doesn't cut it in this cut throat business. Vodacom is being forced into a price war with Cell C and Telkom.  Great for customers, bad for Vodacom.  MTN is conquering the rest of Africa so it doesn't affect them that much  So you have to go with MTN at the moment.  I wonder for how long VOD would be able to afford that nice divvie.

Yeah, their ARPU number disappoints again, down a furhter 3.5%.  That is what caused the initial sell-off in Feb/ March.

"Trade what you see, not what you think"

#4874 HendrikB

HendrikB

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSouth East Asia

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:00 AM

Must say price action on VOD is like watching paint dry.

Results were not great yet solid & divi was good.

Must just be out of favour gonna cut my long at break even    

Decent results doesn't cut it in this cut throat business. Vodacom is being forced into a price war with Cell C and Telkom.  Great for customers, bad for Vodacom.  MTN is conquering the rest of Africa so it doesn't affect them that much  So you have to go with MTN at the moment.  I wonder for how long VOD would be able to afford that nice divvie.

#4875 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:47 AM

Must say price action on VOD is like watching paint dry.

Results were not great yet solid & divi was good.

Must just be out of favour gonna cut my long at break even    

#4876 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:06 AM

Topped up on long term position in CML and doubling up on MND.

nice.  good call on both.

#4877 UpAnDdOwN

UpAnDdOwN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:00 AM

Sho sorry for the numerous duplicate posts guys. Posted from my iphone and it kept saying it had failed, but apparently not.

Mobile site isnt working and neither is tapatalk....and it appears as though the actual website isn't updating to reflect new posts....

#4878 The Batman

The Batman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:49 AM

Doubt it buddy. 110% is still good. Plus there is a very good dividend declared.

The drop yesterday couldn't have been because of this cause that means traders had the info before hand (Insider trading)

#4879 davidp13

davidp13

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:41 AM

so they results of Coronation is good - do we go long?

#ADMIN - please sort out the overall forum as things dont seem to be working properly when you post.

I find trading like body surfing, catch the right one and you will make it all the way to the beach.

#4880 UpAnDdOwN

UpAnDdOwN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:30 AM

So diluted HEPS up 110%, latest trading statement said between 100-120%...could this have been the reason for the drop yesterday...

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting