24 replies to this topic

#21 Saints

Saints

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationSandton

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:28 AM

Certainly not Hendrik, I am in this one for the long term and I think the time is coming for agriculture (food production). The Chayton / Zambian opportunity I think is huge and the way to go. Though I complain about earnings and dividends I cannot complain about the share price 

#22 HendrikB

HendrikB

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSouth East Asia

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:21 PM

Whilst I agree 100% with Hendrik that the SOTP is the best way to value Zeder and as per other investment companies the share price will trade at a discount, I was disappointed to an extent with Zeders results yesterday. Whilst we see growth in the share price and the SOTP i wuold have liked to have seen some earnings growth which untilmately translates into the dividend paid to shareholders. Zeder has paid the same dividend for the past few years and ultimately through inflation (and DWT) this means less and less each year. Zeder needs to exert more influence on the companies it has invested in to improve earnings. Having dividends to use for re-investment and rights offers as is the case with Zeder is important for the growth of ones' portfolio. 

are u thinking of selling saints?

#23 Saints

Saints

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationSandton

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:05 PM

Whilst I agree 100% with Hendrik that the SOTP is the best way to value Zeder and as per other investment companies the share price will trade at a discount, I was disappointed to an extent with Zeders results yesterday. Whilst we see growth in the share price and the SOTP i wuold have liked to have seen some earnings growth which untilmately translates into the dividend paid to shareholders. Zeder has paid the same dividend for the past few years and ultimately through inflation (and DWT) this means less and less each year. Zeder needs to exert more influence on the companies it has invested in to improve earnings. Having dividends to use for re-investment and rights offers as is the case with Zeder is important for the growth of ones' portfolio. 

#24 HendrikB

HendrikB

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSouth East Asia

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:23 AM

Zeder is still undervalued by about 10% according to their sum parts valuation method.  One should note that Zeder is more of an investment holding company so I its the kind of valuation I trust more than just looking at earnings.  I think Zeder is far from finished.  If you look at their history they've gone aggressive in their acquisitions of small agri firms and in 2013 I think you will see much of the same as the agri sector is in serious need for some consolidation. This is still the best bet in the agri sector by far.   

#25 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:38 PM

Any comment on the SENS?

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting