909 replies to this topic

#901 orca

orca

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:09 PM

In my view, CML has been the most resiliant stock on the JSE for many years and if it fails now then there is absolutely NOTHING to replace it. I have spent many hours going through charts of every single stock we have but not one comes close to it's reliability and stability. Just my Past Performance method that has worked for me.

I was suposed to be in Portugal by now but this uncertainty is keeping me here.

I started here with nothing and still have most of it left.

#902 Moonraker

Moonraker

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationGeorge

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:01 PM

If you loose 7% it would take more than a gain of 7% to break even  B)

Also have a substantial holding, and would prefer it to keep going up! Performance this year has been good so far!

Yeah, 7.5268817%  ;)

CML will go up - the yield is still very attractive.

#903 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:53 PM

Thank you Orca.

I've been holding a considerable amount in CFD's, but bailed out yesterday and lost quite a bit of money. In hindsight and with clearer thinking, I should actually just have halved my holding, though. For me it (Coronation shares) is/was a long term investment, but I'm still learning how scary gearing can really be. Now I want to get back in again, as I still believe it's the best (and most solid) share (company) out there and CFD's the cheapest way to invest. So I've decided to wait for CML to either break 5000 or wait for another significant dip (the one you're talking about); to +-4500. (I also still like their ad!) What do you guys reckon?

As HDB said in the MPC thread holds true with CML also. With a PE of 21, investors are expecting great results for May so I will not punt now. Especially if you doing geared futures.

#904 mervman

mervman

• Pip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:39 PM

Well for me who just invested in CML to lose 7% and then to break even would take another 7% and I would be nowhere . I would prefer it just keep going up !

If you loose 7% it would take more than a gain of 7% to break even  B)

Also have a substantial holding, and would prefer it to keep going up! Performance this year has been good so far!

#905 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:33 PM

Orca, u forgot who's mother invested in CML on your recommendation?

attachicon.gif11a1aac1clb1dfrfdsgwsw.jpg

Got it sorted. Now send that guy home.

#906 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:47 PM

The CML thread has gone but at least we have a new one now.

Thinking deeply over a cold one now, a correction would be good and I will actually welcome one for the following reasons:

The PE of 21 is too high for me long term and the increase in AUM gives a FPE of 18. Still too high for long term sustainability. Over the years it stayed in the 12 to 14 area and gave good steady gains of around 65% pa divies not reinvested.

Thumbsuck I would say add 10% to that old figure after the AUM increase. So I will be happy with 75% pa to make it more sustainable over time. It is now around 82%, so a 7% correction will not hurt us at all if we had it for a year or so.

I will not sell as I don't want a Tax Event.

Ride it out till end May for results then decide.

Thank you Orca.

I've been holding a considerable amount in CFD's, but bailed out yesterday and lost quite a bit of money. In hindsight and with clearer thinking, I should actually just have halved my holding, though. For me it (Coronation shares) is/was a long term investment, but I'm still learning how scary gearing can really be. Now I want to get back in again, as I still believe it's the best (and most solid) share (company) out there and CFD's the cheapest way to invest. So I've decided to wait for CML to either break 5000 or wait for another significant dip (the one you're talking about); to +-4500. (I also still like their ad!) What do you guys reckon?  

Edited by BBW, 10 April 2013 - 02:49 PM.

Exi, impie, exi, scelerae, exi cum omnia fallacia tua

#907 jaDEB

jaDEB

jaDEB

• 2,951 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:17 AM

Orca, u forgot who's mother invested in CML on your recommendation?

Attached File  11a1aac1clb1dfrfdsgwsw.jpg   14.81KB   389 downloads

jaDEB

I got my heebie-jeebies in a hidden bag

Oasis

#908 Mad Max

Mad Max

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:00 AM

Well for me who just invested in CML to lose 7% and then to break even would take another 7% and I would be nowhere . I would prefer it just keep going up !

#909 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:36 PM

The CML thread has gone but at least we have a new one now.

Thinking deeply over a cold one now, a correction would be good and I will actually welcome one for the following reasons:

The PE of 21 is too high for me long term and the increase in AUM gives a FPE of 18. Still too high for long term sustainability. Over the years it stayed in the 12 to 14 area and gave good steady gains of around 65% pa divies not reinvested.

Thumbsuck I would say add 10% to that old figure after the AUM increase. So I will be happy with 75% pa to make it more sustainable over time. It is now around 82%, so a 7% correction will not hurt us at all if we had it for a year or so.

I will not sell as I don't want a Tax Event.

Ride it out till end May for results then decide.

#910 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:18 PM

Dees one!!!?? Orca, help!

(Admin, "Search" does not work...)

Edited by BBW, 09 April 2013 - 04:21 PM.

Exi, impie, exi, scelerae, exi cum omnia fallacia tua

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting