• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#1 Mr.Balls

Mr.Balls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 02:08 PM

ja, doesnt make sense. They had a good run for a while but wheels are coming off now. Tough space to operate in.

But if you compare the 2012 results to 2013, and take out R 171m for the deconsolidation of biovac in 2012, then the comprehensive income are R13.4m for 2013 and R25.2m for 2012. So the business still running as usual, also they had a forex loss for the quater but a net gain for the year ended 2013. Wwith management cutting costs and restructuring I rate profit will only climb in future, so nows the time to buy.

#2 HendrikB

HendrikB

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSouth East Asia

Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:24 PM

They struggle with the weak rand because they import, but they still make a forex loss?? So what are they doing, hedging the wrong way??

ja, doesnt make sense. They had a good run for a while but wheels are coming off now. Tough space to operate in.

#3 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:09 PM

Jip, not very good results..

Yes, reading these results is a real drag.. clearly they are struggling. management are just about keeping things going. gotta give them credit. 

Might be a good idea to delist, consolidate and then refloat later.

Definitely not a company I would touch at this point.

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#4 Mr.Balls

Mr.Balls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:53 PM

not good i would think. U
its quickly becoming a penny stock.

They struggle with the weak rand because they import, but they still make a forex loss?? So what are they doing, hedging the wrong way??

#5 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:18 AM

Jip, not very good results..

Never underestimate the potential for human stupidity when wealth and power are at stake!

#6 HendrikB

HendrikB

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSouth East Asia

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:50 AM

Lets see what impact this mornings results will have
Revenue up 4.1%
Operating loss for Q4 as a result of forex
HEPS decrease to 2.7 cps

#7 Queen B

Queen B

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:38 AM

Lets see what impact this mornings results will have

Revenue up 4.1%

Operating loss for Q4 as a result of forex

HEPS decrease to 2.7 cps

#8 Saints

Saints

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationSandton

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:40 PM

if there isw low morale amongst the staff then that will filter through to the results somehow. Managment sold a lot of their shares at the end of last year so i would also question the level of their current interest.

I thought a good long term investment when i bought them but they are not an Aspen nor do they have the calibre of individuals that Aspen have in their team so i do not expect anytjhing fantastic here, Will keep them on my watchlist but i do think there are other long term opportunities in the market that i would like to look at,

Roll on tommorow and more may be revealed on this one

#9 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:28 PM

Gamma, retrenchments are common place in the pharmaceutical indusrty at the moment but i do agree thsi does not bode well for Litha.

Results are out tomorrow and i am hanging on for just one more day to see if there is any indication of an offer to minorities and to delist the share, if not i will probable bail out of this one.

You are correct Saints but its more that I'm hearing morale is very badly down there, I suppose its to be expected in such conditions. At least management is taking action.

Still, long term I think they have a lot of opportunity.

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#10 Saints

Saints

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationSandton

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:59 AM

Gamma, retrenchments are common place in the pharmaceutical indusrty at the moment but i do agree thsi does not bode well for Litha.

Results are out tomorrow and i am hanging on for just one more day to see if there is any indication of an offer to minorities and to delist the share, if not i will probable bail out of this one.

#11 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:43 PM

Jeesh R2 bids going through, now glad I sold mine a while back!

Just had a bunch of Litha people apply for a position I'm hiring for. Seems they're retrenching heavily from what i hear.

#12 Mr.Balls

Mr.Balls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:35 PM

Why not buy some at R2 now, easy 30% in your pocket

#13 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:13 PM

Never underestimate the potential for human stupidity when wealth and power are at stake!

#14 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:26 PM

Paladin has already made an offer to minority shareholders in early 2012 when it increased its shareholding to 44%. At that time the offer was R2.75 when the share was trading at R3plus. On this note Paladin are not obliged to make an offer to minorities as the inital offfer has already been made when the required holdings were exceeeded. As their share of the company has now increased to 70% the way I understand it there is no further requirment to make an offer to minoriries.

However in the recent dicussion on this topic Paladin may make a voluntary offer to minorities in order to gain further control of the company and ultimately delist it.

We wait in anticipation and probably until the financials are released.

Thanks...ok next move above 90% they have to make a mandatory offer!!!

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#15 Saints

Saints

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationSandton

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:56 AM

Paladin has already made an offer to minority shareholders in early 2012 when it increased its shareholding to 44%. At that time the offer was R2.75 when the share was trading at R3plus. On this note Paladin are not obliged to make an offer to minorities as the inital offfer has already been made when the required holdings were exceeeded. As their share of the company has now increased to 70% the way I understand it there is no further requirment to make an offer to minoriries.

However in the recent dicussion on this topic Paladin may make a voluntary offer to minorities in order to gain further control of the company and ultimately delist it.

We wait in anticipation and probably until the financials are released.

#16 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:31 AM

But if they now own 70%, will they determine what the offer will be? So if its too low then you have to hold the shares while the company is unlisted?

Will be good time to make offer now while the share dragging and results poor.. I'm betting it'll be around R2,50 - R2,60 per share

#17 Mr.Balls

Mr.Balls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:27 AM

In two minds here, I want out and to use the cash elsewhere but would not mind holding on to see if any offer comes from Paladin. I see this morning's SENS puts them at 70% ownership. Resuls are out next week so hope we see an offer on the table as i think i have the patience to hold for another week. Advantage of an offer to minorities is you don't have to pay brokerage.

But if they now own 70%, will they determine what the offer will be? So if its too low then you have to hold the shares while the company is unlisted?

#18 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:25 AM

In two minds here, I want out and to use the cash elsewhere but would not mind holding on to see if any offer comes from Paladin. I see this morning's SENS puts them at 70% ownership. Resuls are out next week so hope we see an offer on the table as i think i have the patience to hold for another week. Advantage of an offer to minorities is you don't have to pay brokerage. 

Yep, I jumped out on Monday with a knock.. gonna kick myself if the offer equals what I was in for! :o

#19 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:09 AM

an offer to minorities must be imminent!!  Anyone familiar with companies act knows what threshold has to be reached for an offer?

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#20 Saints

Saints

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationSandton

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:52 AM

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting