• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#21 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:38 PM

Weak rand also hurting litha results, looks to me like Paladin will make a offer to minority shareholders, I'll hold on to mine and hope the offer is reasonable and comes quickly so I can go buy Aspen... otherwise we see Litha dragging on sideways...

Yep, probably the way its gonna go!

Never underestimate the potential for human stupidity when wealth and power are at stake!

#22 Mr.Balls

Mr.Balls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:20 PM

I will think on it a bit, maybe somewhere u just need to cut your losses..? :wacko:

Weak rand also hurting litha results, looks to me like Paladin will make a offer to minority shareholders, I'll hold on to mine and hope the offer is reasonable and comes quickly so I can go buy Aspen... otherwise we see Litha dragging on sideways...

#23 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:31 PM

Goliath i dunno about you but i now have my doubts about this one. I am a long term investor and have the patience to wait it out but with my previous shares i have usually had the sustained share price growth and dividends to keep me interested. This one has gone nowhere except when there was rumblings of a delisting. I may wait to read the reults first but i am not sure the slow progress and excuses from management cut it anymore.

I will think on it a bit, maybe somewhere u just need to cut your losses..? :wacko:

Edited by Goliath, 21 February 2014 - 04:31 PM.

Never underestimate the potential for human stupidity when wealth and power are at stake!

#24 Saints

Saints

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationSandton

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:24 PM

Goliath i dunno about you but i now have my doubts about this one. I am a long term investor and have the patience to wait it out but with my previous shares i have usually had the sustained share price growth and dividends to keep me interested. This one has gone nowhere except when there was rumblings of a delisting. I may wait to read the reults first but i am not sure the slow progress and excuses from management cut it anymore.

#25 HendrikB

HendrikB

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSouth East Asia

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:49 AM

ouch... that was a bad year.  Im glad I sold most of my LHG. 

#26 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:37 AM

TRADING STATEMENT

Litha is currently finalising its results for the financial year
ended 31 December 2013, which is scheduled for release on SENS on
or about 7 March 2014. In this regard, shareholders are advised
that earnings per share is expected to be between 80% and 100%
lower and headline earnings per share is expected to be between
40% and 60% lower than for the financial year ended 31 December

This decrease in earnings is primarily attributable to the
following factors:

- the once-off profit of R171 529 531 recognised in 2012
associated with the deconsolidation of the Biologicals and
Vaccines Institute of Southern Africa Pty Ltd. This once-off
profit was included in earnings per share for the financial
year ended 31 December 2012(and not headline earnings per
share) and represented 79% of the 2012 earnings before
taxation; and
- the continued devaluation of the South African Rand which
increased the cost of imported products.

The financial information on which this trading statement is based
has not been reviewed and reported on by Litha’s external
auditors.

Edited by Goliath, 21 February 2014 - 11:37 AM.

#27 Saints

Saints

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationSandton

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:15 PM

Hope so Goliath, this would be a logical way out of this share. Like me you probably still see the long term prospects but have been disappointed with its performance as a share over recent years. Perhaps the best way is to delist.

I expect the delays in registering products with the MCC to play negatively into the forth-coming results and cause further downside.

#28 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:00 AM

Consistent number of trades at the same value and volume. Either someone buying in before the results anticipating overdue good news or wanting to increase their influence for future corporate action. Still holding but disappointed.

Probably gonna be delisted by the big guns, still holding also..

#29 Saints

Saints

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationSandton

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:55 PM

Consistent number of trades at the same value and volume. Either someone buying in before the results anticipating overdue good news or wanting to increase their influence for future corporate action. Still holding but disappointed.

#30 Saints

Saints

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationSandton

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:02 AM

Michaessers whilst I did not agree with one of your previous comments that Litha is a flop. If u are looking for quick returns yes, but a long term investor may have a different view. Other than Aspen none of the other healthcare stocks have performed reasonably well and to be honest I do not see much changing in the near future.

Your most recent pot got my attention and got me thinking that you may be on to something and that Palladin have looked at Litha's performance and decided that the company has potential but may be better off as an unlisted entity. At the end of last year the local shareholders sold off a lot of their shares to Palladin. Although I would not go as far as to say that they have lost interest, I think it may be a case of they know or suspect what Palladin are planning.

#31 michaessers

michaessers

• PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:57 AM

Palladin will take it private. They will de-list the company. They gobbling up shares at low prices much like Bidvest did to Adcock. dont expect shares to perform.

#32 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:51 AM

Litha is a flop. plain and simple. If anything, results will just send the share further south.

Perhaps but there must be a reason the Canadian partner invested so heavily with them.. I'll stick it out for my one punt share :)

#33 michaessers

michaessers

• PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:10 AM

Litha is a flop. plain and simple. If anything, results will just send the share further south.

#34 Saints

Saints

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationSandton

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:48 AM

Annual results for the year ended 31 December 2013 should be released towards the end of the month. These should give investors more to work on than selling the share due to the Rand's decline.  

#35 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:00 PM

What is up with this one today, offers of R2,15 going through..

#36 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:54 AM

Litha is a smallcap. Its by no means defensive. The only real
defensive healthcare stock on JSE is Aspen.

Yep I agree with Hendrik here! Still have my holding in this one..

#37 HendrikB

HendrikB

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSouth East Asia

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:13 AM

Healthcare stocks are supposed to be defensive stocks. This one makes me think otherwise. The rand may be the cause of Litha's bad run of late

Healthcare stocks are supposed to be defensive stocks. This one makes me think otherwise. The rand may be the cause of Litha's bad run of late

Litha is a smallcap. Its by no means defensive. The only real
defensive healthcare stock on JSE is Aspen.

#38 Saints

Saints

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationSandton

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:00 AM

#39 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:33 PM

We have recently seen the Canadian partner take a larger stake in the company with the local directors selling off large portions of their shareholding to facilitate this transaction. Despite the run in the price associated with a potential de-listing this share has not done anything for shareholders. Can the Canadians turn the business around or is this a potentially great share that went south? I was excited about the vaccines side of the business but that does not seem to excite investors either.

This one moved from good to just a punt, still holding to see what the big guns overseas do with this one..

#40 Mr.Balls

Mr.Balls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:47 PM

We have recently seen the Canadian partner take a larger stake in the company with the local directors selling off large portions of their shareholding to facilitate this transaction. Despite the run in the price associated with a potential de-listing this share has not done anything for shareholders. Can the Canadians turn the business around or is this a potentially great share that went south? I was excited about the vaccines side of the business but that does not seem to excite investors either.

Just wait for their results to come out later this year, they had lots of once off items with Paladin taking over, once everything settles and the profits start rolling in they gonna rocket

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting