• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#81 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:28 PM

Jip ACT does have strange mixture, but with Medscheme and their investment in Jasco I like it, Medscheme is the main driver behind my backing it.. if Jasco comes out positive after their 3 year turn-around strategy that's a bonus but the Rio Tinto thing...? Not so sure, but will see where it goes! Bidvest obviously the better beast I'll admit! B)

Never underestimate the potential for human stupidity when wealth and power are at stake!

#82 Moonraker

Moonraker

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationGeorge

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:19 PM

Had such high hopes for this one, decided to move out of this one for Calgro M3..

Aspen always a nice one or perhaps Adcock(if Bidvest takes it over = might think of jumping in) but my money currently on Afrocentric if you want something in the medical area! :)

Only now looked at ACT, looks OK, one can see the B. Joffe influence, but long term, give me Bidvest ;)

What confuses me is the contract with Rio Tinto for a significant minority interest in a new iron-ore exploration joint venture project.

Strange strategy, especially when one takes into account where iron ore prices are heading, given all the new projects started during

the commodities boom soon coming on stream eg. Minas Rio. China will, imho, not be the saviour this time round, the demand from

China will not offset the 'glut' of iron ore and the weak demand from Euroland.

I wish you luck with ACT, the Medscheme part looks pretty good. 

#83 franz

franz

• PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationJHB

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:32 PM

Anybody looking at Mediclinic, good international exposure as well

#84 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:32 AM

Had such high hopes for this one, decided to move out of this one for Calgro M3..

Aspen always a nice one or perhaps Adcock(if Bidvest takes it over = might think of jumping in) but my money currently on Afrocentric if you want something in the medical area! :)

Never underestimate the potential for human stupidity when wealth and power are at stake!

#85 HendrikB

HendrikB

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSouth East Asia

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:43 AM

Blackstar.  I really like this one.  They were a substantial investor in Litha but sold half their stake recently.  They just released their results for 2012.  Pretty good.  They have a NAV of R14.72.  Currently trading at R11.50. Not only are you buying at a substantial discount, but Blackstar will also pay a dividend this year so it tells me they're gaining confidence.   It takes a while to make sense of their various investment holdings but do your own research.  Aspen is a great company too. Like them a lot.

#86 Mr.Balls

Mr.Balls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:27 AM

Litha is planning to delist on the promise of R3.90 a share.  They are at advanced stage of negotiation with various stakeholders.

News will be forthcoming soon. I have a substantial holding in Litha and expect any postponement or cancelling

of the proposed delisting will have a negative impact on the share price over the short to medium term. thumbs up they get things done quickly.

Me too, this deal has just been dragging on for quite a while. Where will you go after the buy-out? I rate Aspen a good bet

#87 HendrikB

HendrikB

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSouth East Asia

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:14 AM

Litha is planning to delist on the promise of R3.90 a share.  They are at advanced stage of negotiation with various stakeholders.

News will be forthcoming soon. I have a substantial holding in Litha and expect any postponement or cancelling

of the proposed delisting will have a negative impact on the share price over the short to medium term. thumbs up they get things done quickly.

#88 R2D2

R2D2

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationSouthdowns Irene

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:58 AM

Any news on the progress of this Bee deal.  In their last sense it said that the new were imminent. It been 19 days. 

I have a bit of cash riding on this one.

Any comments.

Regards

R2

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting