75%
DBxWD - 50%
NFEMON - 25%
KAP - 25%

25%
Bitcoin 50%
Ethereum 40%
Sia 10%

So how is your cripto currencies been doing lately? 

I started here with nothing and still have most of it left.

#2 TheConflict

TheConflict

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationJhb

Posted 12 July 2017 - 03:49 PM

as they have never payed a dividend, guess you going to have to home school...

His only in Pre-school now. So we'll give it time till he gets to Gr 7. If no dividend by then, Then will consider shifting to AdvTech.

You win some you lose some...

#3 MrDividend

MrDividend

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 12 July 2017 - 02:32 PM

100 % COH till further notice. Have my kid enrolled, so hoping to offset his Schoolfees through Dividends.

as they have never payed a dividend, guess you going to have to home school...

#4 TheConflict

TheConflict

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationJhb

Posted 12 July 2017 - 10:27 AM

100 % COH till further notice. Have my kid enrolled, so hoping to offset his Schoolfees through Dividends.

You win some you lose some...

#5 PlatinumWealth.co.za

PlatinumWealth.co.za

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 04:21 PM

75%
DBxWD - 50%
NFEMON - 25%
KAP - 25%

25%
Bitcoin 50%
Ethereum 40%
Sia 10%

Edited by PlatinumWealth.co.za, 10 July 2017 - 04:21 PM.

JSE and ZARX Finance and Investment Forum -> https://platinumwealth.co.za/

Do you run an investment club? -> https://www.platinum...nvestment-Clubs

The Stock Watch Thread Download the App - Google Play or Apple App Store

#6 Bread

Bread

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 05 July 2017 - 04:52 PM

Capitec - 100%

Bought at 79250.

#7 Bread

Bread

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 24 June 2017 - 07:43 PM

Absolutely, MrDividend. I agree with you on all fronts.

On the 21st Shoprite looked like it was in a small and tight little channel within it's bigger upward trending channel that I wasn't sure which way it was going to break out of. It was building for a break to the upside and the top of the bigger channel but conditions ultimately led to a slight break to the downside and it couldn't push over the double top with a 50/50 possibility now of a break from here down to around the 19000 level or back up to the 20500 level or higher. I think the results are expected within the next 2 months and the dividend doesn't look that attractive, especially compared to Capitec. The technicals look a bit weak but they also looked weak in early April before a nice run up from the bottom of the channel to the top. So who knows?

Capitec to me looks way better. It's just come out of a slight dip which seems to occur about every 2 months, it's knocking it's head along the top of the channel, the trend is still up, the technicals look better and so does the dividend and I think the results are expected in about 3 months. I reckons there's more than a 50% possibility it's going to break to the upside soon, as you say. But, of course, it could also just coast along for the next month or so. So who knows?

#8 MrDividend

MrDividend

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 21 June 2017 - 08:36 AM

best bank vs best food retailer

pe basis shoprite is slightly cheaper.

but over the last 5 years capitec has grown head line earnings at double the pace of shoprite.

Funnily enough both are try to get clients from higher LSM groups - I see capitec being more successful in this plus they still have a few more strings to pull ( car finance/ mortgages/ c. card other investment products) because they closer to their customers - and know them well - I am sure they can use that knowledge.

Only problem is it's run hard and even a slight down turn in the results will see a bit of a sell off. So at a guess I see it consolidating at this area for a bit. The problem is, that when it moves, it moves quickly - and you will be waiting for a pull back that never comes.

#9 Bread

Bread

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 21 June 2017 - 08:02 AM

Should I buy Shoprit or Capitec?

#10 Mikebolle

Mikebolle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 08:18 PM

I bought 37 000 Sentula at 32. Currently it's 100% of my portfolio

#11 Bread

Bread

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 12 June 2017 - 07:49 PM

Cash - 100%

Sold Santam at 24180.

#12 Bread

Bread

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 30 May 2017 - 08:47 PM

tried to figure out why you bought santam - on a fundamental and on TA is doesn't really look good. BUT, looking at monthly chart, sure, steady growth since 2008. not sure I would want to be in the insurance game in SA TBO, and if I had to pick it would be RMI for the outsurance part and what they doing in OZ. But for long term steady growth, guess santam might be a good pick.

You're right. TA doesn't look good but they are making acquisitions outside the country and they pay a good divi, albeit the next one is in September and I want to be back out the market by then. And just my luck Bats is already doing better then when I bought Santam so maybe I'll switch.

#13 MrDividend

MrDividend

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 30 May 2017 - 10:56 AM

tried to figure out why you bought santam - on a fundamental and on TA is doesn't really look good. BUT, looking at monthly chart, sure, steady growth since 2008. not sure I would want to be in the insurance game in SA TBO, and if I had to pick it would be RMI for the outsurance part and what they doing in OZ. But for long term steady growth, guess santam might be a good pick.

#14 Bread

Bread

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 29 May 2017 - 05:49 PM

Santam - 100% Bought at 24800. Was going to go for Bats but reckoned the Rand gonna strengthen.

#15 Bread

Bread

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 03 April 2017 - 12:53 PM

Cash 100%

Sold Spar at 17303.

#16 MoneyMan

MoneyMan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 02:38 PM

Also holding some very risky shares, however to be honest I haven't been active in the investments game for a year now. I hold KBO and CMO. I am waiting for CMO to hit R0.50 then I will sell. As for KBO, I will hold this one for the next 5 years, really think it will become something (or so I hope)

#17 sommerso

sommerso

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:25 AM

The Geographical and sector diversification is what SGL is aiming at with their offer for Stillwater. They are fast becoming your one stop diversification shop ;) 

Gold is  taking a hammering today. Seems everyone is bailing waiting for Trumponomics to take office tomorrow and DRD was doing so well. 

On my radar is Dis-Chem as well. To be discussed in another forum. 

I think my biggest issue at the moment with my portfolio was that it is all short term speculative. My losses having been the brakes on my trading habits. Wez is the only long term share I have. Waiting on them to start mining. Even if they reach do not Anglo Plat levels (th edream!) there is still money to be made once the mine is fully operational. 

Hopefully funds would be such one day that I can diversify my trading habits as well 

#18 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 01:11 PM

Hey Sommerso....Have been there as well with a crowd Village Main Reef don't even know if they still around...? Had my mind totally blown trying to figure out Jubilee plat just to watch it double couple months after I sold out.....again apologies Queen B....I only trade gold shares & again only daily usually out before US opens. DRD I sort of understand & have held before at some stage...still waiting to get clarity on their fine grind process so any info you got there will be most welcome.

But hey as long as you happy that's the main thing...Bit of geographical & or sector diversification would help though as when 1 of yours tanks the rest are sure to follow....Have my eye on Sasol @ R395ish & i'm researching South 32 at the moment...Enjoy.... :)  

Anyone need a heads up...!

#19 sommerso

sommerso

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 17 January 2017 - 12:16 PM

Highly concentrated....Sector...Locality...Why....? Is it your high risk part of your portfolio....?

Please say it's not everything you hold.... :unsure:

Sadly it is everything I hold. 

I was slightly more diversified having had Steinhoff and Curro in the mix at some stage. My portfolio is mostly a hangover from last year this time. Having bought Harmony at R13 (and SGL at that stage for R18) I made a few baggers. Selling and rebuying Harmony at R58 and watching it climb to R70 before .... whatever you want to call the slaughter that happened after. Believing that Harmony (and SGL) has good management and with papua new guinea project still coming. I still believe in this one.

Lonmin I bought right before the rights offer. At R11. It peaked to R14 and then dropped to 18c ... that one is on me. Not knowing the full impact of the rights offer and the dilution of the shares after. Still licking my wounds. Mostly hoping it will either be bought or recover some of my losses. I should have sold at R43 and taken those losses. But hope and greed and hindsight. 

Wez is cheap enough to hold on to. I bought about 2 years ago. 

DRD was pure greed. I watched it grow from R5 to R12 and climbed it when it was too late (see slaughter). Bought again when Trump was elected. Going to sell in Feb when reports are released and thinking of ACL or SGL. 

#20 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:18 AM

LONMIN - 57% (Thank you rights issue!) HARMONY - 44% (Went to Nam without internet for a week..... Life) DRDGOLD +3% WESIZWE - 10% (Long term hold)

Highly concentrated....Sector...Locality...Why....? Is it your high risk part of your portfolio....?

Please say it's not everything you hold.... :unsure:

Anyone need a heads up...!

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting