538 replies to this topic

#21 Bread

Bread

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 04 August 2017 - 04:29 AM

My sell price was 84322, MrDividend. I decided to not sell at the time for a number of reasons most of which are still in play. But taking the historical performance into account perhaps now would be a good time to bank my profits.

#22 MrDividend

MrDividend

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 02 August 2017 - 07:59 AM

Have you set a sell price in your CPI or just holding for a bit Bread? Must be tempting with those new ATH's. Although not super expensive, it is expensive for a bank and even if the results only slightly disappoint, price could tumble. That said, Capitec certainly deserves a spot in a long term portfolio with the intention of never selling.

#23 Bread

Bread

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 02 August 2017 - 04:31 AM

Ol' Mr. Rogers reckons there's between 800 and 2000 crypto currencies and they're all in a bubble.

#24 PlatinumWealth.co.za

PlatinumWealth.co.za

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 09:36 AM

So how is your cripto currencies been doing lately? 

Lately it's down due to the August 1 stuff.

However overall it's well within the green, since I've been owning it when it was single digits. Saddest thing I did was to buy too little ethereum back then (https://platinumweal...to-buy-Ethereum) at $8 I thought eish, might be lucky to see $20 at some stage.

The other stuff, BTC I've owned since it was around $280 and Sia I bought just after that massive surge before it all came grumbling down so on SIA I am only up around 20% at this stage, nothing to write home about in the crypto world.

If you asked how my JSE shares are doing.... Eish, would have deleted my account to avoid answering. :P 

JSE and ZARX Finance and Investment Forum -> https://platinumwealth.co.za/

Do you run an investment club? -> https://platinumwealth.co.za/forum/forum/11-investment-clubs/

The Stock Watch Thread Download the App - Google Play or Apple App Store
CryptoCurrency Market Capitalizations - South Africa CoinData

#25 orca

orca

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 12 July 2017 - 08:58 PM

75%
DBxWD - 50%
NFEMON - 25%
KAP - 25%

25%
Bitcoin 50%
Ethereum 40%
Sia 10%

So how is your cripto currencies been doing lately? 

I started here with nothing and still have most of it left.

#26 TheConflict

TheConflict

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationJhb

Posted 12 July 2017 - 03:49 PM

as they have never payed a dividend, guess you going to have to home school...

His only in Pre-school now. So we'll give it time till he gets to Gr 7. If no dividend by then, Then will consider shifting to AdvTech.

You win some you lose some...

#27 MrDividend

MrDividend

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 12 July 2017 - 02:32 PM

100 % COH till further notice. Have my kid enrolled, so hoping to offset his Schoolfees through Dividends.

as they have never payed a dividend, guess you going to have to home school...

#28 TheConflict

TheConflict

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationJhb

Posted 12 July 2017 - 10:27 AM

100 % COH till further notice. Have my kid enrolled, so hoping to offset his Schoolfees through Dividends.

You win some you lose some...

#29 PlatinumWealth.co.za

PlatinumWealth.co.za

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 04:21 PM

75%
DBxWD - 50%
NFEMON - 25%
KAP - 25%

25%
Bitcoin 50%
Ethereum 40%
Sia 10%

Edited by PlatinumWealth.co.za, 10 July 2017 - 04:21 PM.

JSE and ZARX Finance and Investment Forum -> https://platinumwealth.co.za/

Do you run an investment club? -> https://platinumwealth.co.za/forum/forum/11-investment-clubs/

The Stock Watch Thread Download the App - Google Play or Apple App Store
CryptoCurrency Market Capitalizations - South Africa CoinData

#30 Bread

Bread

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 05 July 2017 - 04:52 PM

Capitec - 100%

Bought at 79250.

#31 Bread

Bread

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 24 June 2017 - 07:43 PM

Absolutely, MrDividend. I agree with you on all fronts.

On the 21st Shoprite looked like it was in a small and tight little channel within it's bigger upward trending channel that I wasn't sure which way it was going to break out of. It was building for a break to the upside and the top of the bigger channel but conditions ultimately led to a slight break to the downside and it couldn't push over the double top with a 50/50 possibility now of a break from here down to around the 19000 level or back up to the 20500 level or higher. I think the results are expected within the next 2 months and the dividend doesn't look that attractive, especially compared to Capitec. The technicals look a bit weak but they also looked weak in early April before a nice run up from the bottom of the channel to the top. So who knows?

Capitec to me looks way better. It's just come out of a slight dip which seems to occur about every 2 months, it's knocking it's head along the top of the channel, the trend is still up, the technicals look better and so does the dividend and I think the results are expected in about 3 months. I reckons there's more than a 50% possibility it's going to break to the upside soon, as you say. But, of course, it could also just coast along for the next month or so. So who knows?

#32 MrDividend

MrDividend

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 21 June 2017 - 08:36 AM

best bank vs best food retailer

pe basis shoprite is slightly cheaper.

but over the last 5 years capitec has grown head line earnings at double the pace of shoprite.

Funnily enough both are try to get clients from higher LSM groups - I see capitec being more successful in this plus they still have a few more strings to pull ( car finance/ mortgages/ c. card other investment products) because they closer to their customers - and know them well - I am sure they can use that knowledge.

Only problem is it's run hard and even a slight down turn in the results will see a bit of a sell off. So at a guess I see it consolidating at this area for a bit. The problem is, that when it moves, it moves quickly - and you will be waiting for a pull back that never comes.

#33 Bread

Bread

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 21 June 2017 - 08:02 AM

Should I buy Shoprit or Capitec?

#34 Mikebolle

Mikebolle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 08:18 PM

I bought 37 000 Sentula at 32. Currently it's 100% of my portfolio

#35 Bread

Bread

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 12 June 2017 - 07:49 PM

Cash - 100%

Sold Santam at 24180.

#36 Bread

Bread

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 30 May 2017 - 08:47 PM

tried to figure out why you bought santam - on a fundamental and on TA is doesn't really look good. BUT, looking at monthly chart, sure, steady growth since 2008. not sure I would want to be in the insurance game in SA TBO, and if I had to pick it would be RMI for the outsurance part and what they doing in OZ. But for long term steady growth, guess santam might be a good pick.

You're right. TA doesn't look good but they are making acquisitions outside the country and they pay a good divi, albeit the next one is in September and I want to be back out the market by then. And just my luck Bats is already doing better then when I bought Santam so maybe I'll switch.

#37 MrDividend

MrDividend

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 30 May 2017 - 10:56 AM

tried to figure out why you bought santam - on a fundamental and on TA is doesn't really look good. BUT, looking at monthly chart, sure, steady growth since 2008. not sure I would want to be in the insurance game in SA TBO, and if I had to pick it would be RMI for the outsurance part and what they doing in OZ. But for long term steady growth, guess santam might be a good pick.

#38 Bread

Bread

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 29 May 2017 - 05:49 PM

Santam - 100% Bought at 24800. Was going to go for Bats but reckoned the Rand gonna strengthen.

#39 Bread

Bread

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 03 April 2017 - 12:53 PM

Cash 100%

Sold Spar at 17303.

#40 MoneyMan

MoneyMan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 02:38 PM

Also holding some very risky shares, however to be honest I haven't been active in the investments game for a year now. I hold KBO and CMO. I am waiting for CMO to hit R0.50 then I will sell. As for KBO, I will hold this one for the next 5 years, really think it will become something (or so I hope)

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting