900 replies to this topic

#421 battleship

battleship

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Locationdurban

Posted 27 January 2015 - 10:47 AM

Back to 9c on small fry volumes.The drop to 7c can only be attributed to severe frustration(just as Queen B displayed).How the share price can fluctuate by 28% for no reason at all is ridiculous.

We are all awaiting a Sens (or 2) and till that happens nothing will happen except someone else losing their patience and dumping their stock.

Clearly the decision makers see no rush in keeping the shareholders informed.But then again they never have.

#422 Queen B

Queen B

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 26 January 2015 - 05:17 PM

And PS: I use morons in the nicest possible way. I have more choice words, but Sharenet would not allow me to post them :rolleyes:

#423 Queen B

Queen B

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:59 PM

Bit of price manipulation going down again today

Time for all of us to leave this thread and leave this share

May the circus continue without us. Champagne and glorious twitters for the directors of Afdawn. May your party continue!

But don't expect people to invest in your circus! Crusty the Clown got more transparency than you morons

#424 ponzi

ponzi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Locationcape town

Posted 25 January 2015 - 09:47 PM

I think we all agree that the market is always right. Nobody can talk a share up or down on a continuous basis. It may be that management do not give all the good news for reasons known to them and shareholders, small like me, are agitated by this. The share price is thus not correctly reflecting the status of the company. 

It is obvious that the KC team made some astronomic profits from the various companies that they have sold; FUNDAMO, CSENSE,  CLICKS2CUSTOMERS and RED FIVE LABS were all sold at high end prices. Teaming up and co-investing with Mark Shuttleworth indicate serious credibility for KC and Afdawn.  I was at a trade show in the USA and the Flightscope investment and project is very highly rated and Afdawn through KC will make a lot of money when selling the investment, as with iKubu. Management was reluctant to talk about the Flightscope investing partners but did say that there will most probably be some corporate movement soon, may be very good news for Afdawn selling its share in such an attractive entity.  

The anticipated disinvestment from other of the Grindstone companies will bring attractive near term revenue. All said and done the KC team has made at least north of R 250 million with the R 1.5 billion plus  exits to date. By following the Mark Shuttleworth co-investment route Afdawn is in bed with the best.   

Hawk

#425 ponzi

ponzi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Locationcape town

Posted 25 January 2015 - 09:46 PM

I think we all agree that the market is always right. Nobody can talk a share up or down on a continuous basis. It may be that management do not give all the good news for reasons known to them and shareholders, small like me, are agitated by this. The share price is thus not correctly reflecting the status of the company. 

It is obvious that the KC team made some astronomic profits from the various companies that they have sold; FUNDAMO, CSENSE,  CLICKS2CUSTOMERS and RED FIVE LABS were all sold at high end prices. Teaming up and co-investing with Mark Shuttleworth indicate serious credibility for KC and Afdawn.  I was at a trade show in the USA and the Flightscope investment and project is very highly rated and Afdawn through KC will make a lot of money when selling the investment, as with iKubu. Management was reluctant to talk about the Flightscope investing partners but did say that there will most probably be some corporate movement soon, may be very good news for Afdawn selling its share in such an attractive entity.  

The anticipated disinvestment from other of the Grindstone companies will bring attractive near term revenue. All said and done the KC team has made at least north of R 250 million with the R 1.5 billion plus  exits to date. By following the Mark Shuttleworth co-investment route Afdawn is in bed with the best.   

Hawk

#426 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 01:46 PM

Fleetstroke, you are living in a fantasy world son.    (this is not derogatory. i just think you are about 20 or so...)

• You make wild share price predictions with no facts backing your punt. And then go give an explanation that makes no sense at all. Seriously, it makes NO sense.
  • You're investing with your emotions. That's never smart. Most of your comments on this tread are you complaining constantly.
  • Thinking that a tiny forum like this has any impact on the actions of the ADW management is delusional.  Even the minor effect the few of us here collectively have on the share price is negligible.

What I don't get is why the hell you are still invested in this company!

If you feel so strongly about how **** management is treating it's shareholders then stop being a shareholder! Simple!

I own ADW. Small punt only. Reading this thread is honestly painful most of the time because of all the bitching and moaning.

The issue I have is that certain forum members negatively influence the uneducated newbie investors out there by pretending they're this expert with all these clever opinions, calculated predictions and researched insight while in reality knowing jackshit.

Mr. Dividend, I second your comments.

ajax, very good post. Thanks

Well said, might also get a small punt.. will ponder over a cold one this weekend

Never underestimate the potential for human stupidity when wealth and power are at stake!

#427 flexbender

flexbender

• PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 01:07 PM

Fleetstroke, you are living in a fantasy world son.    (this is not derogatory. i just think you are about 20 or so...)

• You make wild share price predictions with no facts backing your punt. And then go give an explanation that makes no sense at all. Seriously, it makes NO sense.
  • You're investing with your emotions. That's never smart. Most of your comments on this tread are you complaining constantly.
  • Thinking that a tiny forum like this has any impact on the actions of the ADW management is delusional.  Even the minor effect the few of us here collectively have on the share price is negligible.

What I don't get is why the hell you are still invested in this company!

If you feel so strongly about how **** management is treating it's shareholders then stop being a shareholder! Simple!

I own ADW. Small punt only. Reading this thread is honestly painful most of the time because of all the bitching and moaning.

The issue I have is that certain forum members negatively influence the uneducated newbie investors out there by pretending they're this expert with all these clever opinions, calculated predictions and researched insight while in reality knowing jackshit.

Mr. Dividend, I second your comments.

ajax, very good post. Thanks

#428 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 01:05 PM

12 cents? With no SENS or any other reason? :o

Would be interesting to see that happen.. lot of speculation here and I'm sticking to my guns = currently this one a pure gamble which could pay off handsomely for the brave but investing..? I'm keen on taking a small bite to numb my gambling habit a bit :P

Never underestimate the potential for human stupidity when wealth and power are at stake!

#429 ajax

ajax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:02 AM

I think it is great that MrDividend is commenting with no agenda - no emotion just the facts.

I must admit I have an agenda, I am a shareholder and think that with the possibilities after a SARS settlement - note the important possibility of a R 80 million assessed loss in various Group companies not just to get SARS off their backs, management not being married as it seams at this stage with Elite (Elite will always be a dog), and some real investments (not this make believe Grindstone stuff) the company can actually go somewhere.

There is unfortunately a lot of egos to be massaged! Being 'important' in the Western Cape start up or as they call it scale-up fraternity is not helping. Afdawn has moved from 'wanting to be an investment holding company' to a position where they play for this audience. This audience is out to prove Cape Silicon and related nice to do's such as the Grindstone stuff. This was not on the table when the company asked for funds i.e. Rights Issue. How ethical is this, it is not fair to the shareholders who have followed their rights..... the 'Jimmy come lately's' will do best if anybody will make money at all. 

What is the share value at this stage? Real NAV, taking risks and sale-able assets into account must be about R 32 million - 4 cents per share. Based on earnings at a P/E of 6 maybe a cent per share (one cent)? Based on perception of making it a sexy business - in the eye of the beholder. With no transparency - nothing more than NAV... 

This morning on KykNet's morning show we could for the first time understand the iKubu deal process. Nothing to do with Knife Capital at all. The iKubu team met Garmin's management at a trade show in Germany, Garmin initiated talks to conduct business with iKubu and the same people met at the Garmin HO to take this forward. Grindstone could possibly have assisted with paper work for a fee (the net amount is obviously a trisect)? The iKubu management also made it clear that Grindstone could't succeed with the Crowd Funding exercise (R 2 million).

This is the type of transparency that is important for us to take a view on the future of the company and integrity of the Afdawn Board.        

#430 MrDividend

MrDividend

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:01 AM

I think your comment was patronizing, condescending and superior bordering an insult..... I share my view with the rest of the small investors, because we cannot be taken for a ride by the mr moneybags and the directors, let us play the share, let them run the company.... It did stop the abuse for a day, did it not? Now we see normality... let the sentiment of the investor rule in the play of this share.... I do not say invest in this share but I feel for you not being in the game. 

You got all that from "comment withdrawn"? I should become a writer, obviously I have a way with words..

And the original comment was not even aimed at you, but my observations on the thread as well as reading SENS and website material on Afdawn.

But I'll be very interested if the shares do make 12c today in any SIGNIFICANT quantities.

#431 Fleetstroke1

Fleetstroke1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:50 AM

I am really interested to know what you think my comment was???

If you do make money out of Afdawn, good for you - personally, I have never, and will never, own their shares. And although owning all shares is a bit of a gamble, this feels to me like betting on red or black with the management knowing exactly where the ball will fall. I do find it odd that this very small cap's thread get's so much interest and users that only comment on this one thread.

That said, SA does need "angels" to invest in very small start ups - the rewards, of course, can be phenomenal - so if you like the riskier edge of shares, go for it.

I think your comment was patronizing, condescending and superior bordering an insult..... I share my view with the rest of the small investors, because we cannot be taken for a ride by the mr moneybags and the directors, let us play the share, let them run the company.... It did stop the abuse for a day, did it not? Now we see normality... let the sentiment of the investor rule in the play of this share.... I do not say invest in this share but I feel for you not being in the game. 

#432 Magnet

Magnet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:47 AM

Now work with me here....... In the 1st hour of trade this morning, more shares traded hands than the total volume of the yesterday. Small traders no big guns. if the smaller traders are looking at this share they will want to play and real trading will take place, 1000 there, 30000 there at 9c then 10c and eventually my 12c or more. But if big guns come, one shot buys 1 000 000 for 7c. Do you call that market normal behaviour, in a small cap?  

There are 3.3Mil shares on offer for 9c.  Unless this is not sold soon it will not reach 10c.  Sens is the only thing that will push it up... or back down.

#433 Fleetstroke1

Fleetstroke1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:40 AM

12c? on what basis

Now work with me here....... In the 1st hour of trade this morning, more shares traded hands than the total volume of the yesterday. Small traders no big guns. if the smaller traders are looking at this share they will want to play and real trading will take place, 1000 there, 30000 there at 9c then 10c and eventually my 12c or more. But if big guns come, one shot buys 1 000 000 for 7c. Do you call that market normal behaviour, in a small cap?  

Edited by Fleetstroke1, 23 January 2015 - 10:41 AM.

#434 MrDividend

MrDividend

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:25 AM

MrDividend, I'm waiting for your comment this morning..... I predict today we will close at 12c, that will be from smaller investors like us, what do you have to say?

I am really interested to know what you think my comment was???

If you do make money out of Afdawn, good for you - personally, I have never, and will never, own their shares. And although owning all shares is a bit of a gamble, this feels to me like betting on red or black with the management knowing exactly where the ball will fall. I do find it odd that this very small cap's thread get's so much interest and users that only comment on this one thread.

That said, SA does need "angels" to invest in very small start ups - the rewards, of course, can be phenomenal - so if you like the riskier edge of shares, go for it.

#435 Queen B

Queen B

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:13 AM

MrDividend, I'm waiting for your comment this morning..... I predict today we will close at 12c, that will be from smaller investors like us, what do you have to say?

12 cents? With no SENS or any other reason? :o

#436 Magnet

Magnet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 09:54 AM

12c? on what basis

#437 Fleetstroke1

Fleetstroke1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 09:36 AM

** Withdraw comment.

If you do not have something nice to say, do not say it! 

#438 Wolf on JSE

Wolf on JSE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:14 PM

Sorry, im a little off topic but I need desperate help. Visual Internasional... what is going on?? Will we like ever see 50c again?

#439 ponzi

ponzi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Locationcape town

Posted 22 January 2015 - 03:50 PM

This forum established by Taurus is the only manner of debating issues of mutual Afdawn stakeholder interest and it is really a pity that in some quarters aggressive debate is seen as negative comments towards the Afdawn Board, I must admit their lack of transparency makes objectivity very difficult. Even at the AGM the number of questions were limited by the Chairman and answers were vague to say the least. The company adopted a singular channel of public communication - tweets by a number of the Directors (mostly by @KeetvZ). The tweet contents are always relating to how good they perform and the justification of the Grindstone model - their statement on their web site that they have doubled the value of the 10 Grindstone companies over a 9 month period must be taken with a pinch of salt?       

It is of public interest that the Afdawn Board be enticed to be more transparent, I believe that at least two executive Board members are following this forum. Transparency is of importance, investments are based on reliable and factual information. Are we to believe their commitment as spelled out on their web site?  

...."The Group acknowledges that communication and the resultant performance through actions will shape the perceptions of stakeholders. Well considered communication remains crucial to manage perceptions.

The Board is aware that there are minorities and that all stakeholders should be treated equitably.

Relationships with stakeholders can only be built and maintained through complete, timeuos, honest and relevant information. The success of the Group is fundamentally linked to all our stakeholders."

- seriously don't shoot the messenger? 

Hawk

#440 Fleetstroke1

Fleetstroke1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 11:39 AM

It is fine.  There are 782 000 offers out to buy for 8C but no one is budging just yet...

Good no one should budge, we bought these shares at north of 8c.... some of us at the very 20c..... we waiting for them to hit 50c or no deal....

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting