• Please log in to reply
900 replies to this topic

#381 zerocool

zerocool

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 04:51 PM

Zerocool, how is this good news for Afdawn shareholders; a digital version of the Grindstone monkey puzzle - a free to use app? I think the misplaced strategy to proof Grindstone rather than pursuing the approved vision does not make any commercial sense. It was also said at the AGM, by the same Director, that shareholders will during the first quarter see how profitable Grindstone is?     

This is another 'start-up' angle that is not bringing direct revenue or am I wrong? Will this call for the champagne to pop again.... AD should get rid of the show ponies as they are now squarely operating in the start-up space.    

are you a shareholder Ajax?

#382 ajax

ajax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 04:47 PM

Zerocool, how is this good news for Afdawn shareholders; a digital version of the Grindstone monkey puzzle - a free to use app? I think the misplaced strategy to proof Grindstone rather than pursuing the approved vision does not make any commercial sense. It was also said at the AGM, by the same Director, that shareholders will during the first quarter see how profitable Grindstone is?     

This is another 'start-up' angle that is not bringing direct revenue or am I wrong? Will this call for the champagne to pop again.... AD should get rid of the show ponies as they are now squarely operating in the start-up space.    

#383 zerocool

zerocool

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 12:21 PM

Hi Guys, 

Afdawn via Knifecap just released the beta version of Yue Diligence. It has already been included as a semi-finalist in the Fin-tech Innotribe Start up challenge.  

http://ventureburn.c...semi-finalists/

The did mention at the AGM that they will be releasing this soon. 

Only positive news. 

#384 ajax

ajax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 01:02 PM

The bears are putting the pressure up- 15 million between 9/11 cents. Yes BS they will need to start producing - less talk and more positive action (VERIFIED). The SARS reason for doing nothing is not good enough, but maybe they expect SARS to claim a large amount? I have heard a 'story' that they have difficulty with the bond i.e. Sandown/Elite situation. Reading some of the 2012 announcements JG was the initiator of the arrangement when he was on Sandown' payroll now he is CEO of AD.

#385 battleship

battleship

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Locationdurban

Posted 20 March 2015 - 10:09 AM

6,2million sellers at 9c and 530k buyers at 8c tell the story.Ajax,it looks like the bears.........Only an announcement will stop the trend.

#386 ponzi

ponzi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Locationcape town

Posted 20 March 2015 - 06:49 AM

SARS (are they dealing with SARS directly or through consultants?), Grindstone progress (as promised by the Directors at the AGM), Elite (bond repayments?) and movement towards the set vision are all grey ares at this stage.

The sellers (volume) are increasing and buyers slowing down it seems?  

Hawk

#387 battleship

battleship

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Locationdurban

Posted 19 March 2015 - 05:26 PM

Looks like the share is (steadily) preparing for an upward trend?! Strategically, this might be a very good time for ADW to share positive/good news if they could do so at this stage...

Don't see the upward trend.On 12 march there were no 9c sellers.only 10c sellers, so we are going backwards with 3,3million 9c sellers.

The reality is that the SARS decision wait is abnormal.We must assume they are demanding more info or money, which is not good news.Patience is being tested and every day going by with no news is creating more sellers than buyers.I was expecting an announcement and shareprice jump,but now am factoring in not getting a decision and waiting for announcements which they have to divulge. The last two end Feb results were announced end May so it may be quiet for a long time.

#388 Staghorn

Staghorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationPaarl, Western Cape

Posted 19 March 2015 - 01:43 PM

Looks like the share is (steadily) preparing for an upward trend?! Strategically, this might be a very good time for ADW to share positive/good news if they could do so at this stage...

Attached Files

#389 ajax

ajax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 02:17 PM

They have at least concluded the Rights Issue being it under false pretenses. 

#390 ponzi

ponzi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Locationcape town

Posted 13 March 2015 - 12:43 PM

Guess who.... 2 years later....just wait! They just forgot to say this is all dependent on a SARS settlement of certain tax implications. They have an obligation to clarify this by means of a shareholder update!!!! 

From SENS April 2014; Shareholders are referred to the SENS announcement released on 10 April 2013, wherein the company advised of a change in strategy to become an active investment holding company. The focus of the company would be to acquire shareholdings in entrepreneurial companies, with strong innovation drive, which are in proven growth phases by enhancing the capabilities of these entities to accelerate long term sustainable growth.
Following discussions with various large shareholders, the board of directors of Afdawn is pleased to announce that it will be taking initial steps in the implementation of the above mentioned strategy. 
Various short-term actions will support the strategy:
1. Further capabilities will be acquired and institutionalised, which will include deal sourcing and structuring capabilities, investee mentorship programmes, the setting up of an investment fund and co-investment alliances;
2. A business development committee will be formed, together with the assistance of external professionals, who will be appointed to oversee investment decisions;
3. The company will divest from non-core assets and operations. The essence of the vision is that Afdawn will no longer focus on unsecured lending as a business model;
4. The recapitalisation of the company by way of, inter alia, a rights offer; and
5. Afdawn will be rebranded to articulate the vision and strategy in a visual manner.

Hawk

#391 ajax

ajax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 05:18 PM

Well said....who is right the bulls or the bears. Fact is that somebody knows more than the general public! They are renown for that.

#392 Queen B

Queen B

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 12 March 2015 - 04:38 PM

:rolleyes:I sold most of my holdings. Still have 250K shares as a gamble

Hope you are right mate. Could be or couldn't be

This is the way we have always traded this share

Its like betting on mist or invisiblity cloaks

Worth a gamble, but not a punt

#393 battleship

battleship

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Locationdurban

Posted 12 March 2015 - 02:59 PM

2,7million traded at 9c.no more sellers at 9c lets hope 10c breaks.someone knows something

#394 ajax

ajax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 08:05 AM

Who is in the know - the bears or the bulls? 

Afdawn is making 'wait' their own exit pay off line. Can't wait for the Interim report, they can't duck and dive forever.No trading update yet indicating that they are not doing much better then previously?  

One should not be harsh on the Executive Directors for not taking action i.e. making investments as was promised with the Rights Issue. After all none of them have any experience other then Fund Managing and playing for time seems to be a good option.

Battleship don't expect to much from IT investments; start ups or scale ups, as they call it, usually take between 3/5 years before making any profits. But then again if the model is 'bump' and 'dump' it is something else?

Elite may yet surprise with more bad news......a little birdie suggests.

If the beneficiaries do not pay for Grindstone 'nurturing' then it is free, even if they get donations, grants and sponsorship to carry the costs.    

#395 Queen B

Queen B

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 10 March 2015 - 01:21 PM

Something is brewing

Huge volumes today. Could be a good or a bad sign B)

#396 battleship

battleship

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Locationdurban

Posted 10 March 2015 - 01:17 PM

6,7 million just traded at 8c.total today  8.7 million .Interesting

#397 battleship

battleship

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Locationdurban

Posted 10 March 2015 - 01:13 PM

Thank you Battleship for your feedback on this.

So we now know that Grindstone is a not for profit-entity surviving in donations, sponsors and grants. Not one of these will allow for a attractive profit margin? So we have to assume that Grindstone is part of Afdawn's social responsibility endeavors. If it is indeed a business model it is on shaky grounds.

Why are they waiting for SARS to  finalise the settlement if they have already three months ago received confirmation of the settlement?       

25 November "Shareholders  are   hereby  advised  that   Afdawn  received communication from South African Revenue Services (“SARS”) regarding settlement of tax obligations in terms of Section 200 of the Income Tax Act. final agreements are currently being drawn up." Please note SARS do not ever communicate verbally....(if above board)

I wonder about Elite something is not right there, but let's wait. The CEO said at the AGM Elite is now (December 2014) clean and rendering good profits with sound management in control.

Only time will tell. Watch the 7 cents buyers as they will react when things are happening.  

I attended the exco My take on grindstone is that they are well paid for their time.AFDAWN now has the option to invest in 20 new upcoming IT  companies,a few of which look great.Profits can rocket when they link up to the system.

SARS you said it, agreements are CURRENTLY being drawn up.   NOT-they ARE drawn up.

I ascertain that Elite is not a deep sea sinker anymore.It is making a small profit,is well organised,organised enough to sell.

Other departments.R0-15m,15-25m and 25m-50m investments in upcoming businesses is very active.(especially after garmin deal)

hopefully they will announce the garmin deal value to adw?

I suppose it logical to conclude that the sars announcement is now imminent and the fence sitters cannot wait for cheap snacks anymore.

I assume a pile of announcements long overdue will be forthcoming.

Afdawn looked relaxed and positive.I like to invest in people I have faith in.Lets see

#398 sharechat

sharechat

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 10 March 2015 - 11:41 AM

9c just breached, good news.

big volumes too

#399 Staghorn

Staghorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationPaarl, Western Cape

Posted 09 March 2015 - 10:49 PM

Interesting changes in the Bid/Offer mix the past trading day or two :ph34r:

Attached Files

#400 ajax

ajax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 09:18 PM

Thank you Battleship for your feedback on this.

So we now know that Grindstone is a not for profit-entity surviving in donations, sponsors and grants. Not one of these will allow for a attractive profit margin? So we have to assume that Grindstone is part of Afdawn's social responsibility endeavors. If it is indeed a business model it is on shaky grounds.

Why are they waiting for SARS to  finalise the settlement if they have already three months ago received confirmation of the settlement?       

25 November "Shareholders  are   hereby  advised  that   Afdawn  received communication from South African Revenue Services (“SARS”) regarding settlement of tax obligations in terms of Section 200 of the Income Tax Act. final agreements are currently being drawn up." Please note SARS do not ever communicate verbally....(if above board)

I wonder about Elite something is not right there, but let's wait. The CEO said at the AGM Elite is now (December 2014) clean and rendering good profits with sound management in control.

Only time will tell. Watch the 7 cents buyers as they will react when things are happening.  

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting