900 replies to this topic

#781 Staghorn

Staghorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationPaarl, Western Cape

Posted 27 March 2014 - 11:24 AM

If I want to take up additional rights, do I ask my broker to arrange?

#782 ponzi

ponzi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Locationcape town

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:42 PM

Don't bargain on a lower price! The Cautionary may yield something.   

Hawk

#783 GDP

GDP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:25 AM

Yes with a great chance of buying on open market after the offer for less than 8c!

#784 Taurus

Taurus

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationCaledon

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:48 PM

approx 15 million rights offers for sale and no takers. Seems a few people do not really see the benefit of the offer.

“In order to know how good you are at something requires exactly the same skills as it does to be good at that thing in the first place” 

#785 GDP

GDP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:06 AM

Guys, what are you doing here. In two minds as I am in for long term and have/will "lost/loose" quite a bit if I sell now??

#786 ponzi

ponzi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Locationcape town

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:14 PM

We will have to wait and see. How management will create and unlock value is key. Success will not be by default. The latest cautionary; Elite - what do you think? I think it is a gamble but possibly worth while as long as we can depend on the team driving the business.

Personally I think it is worth to take a shot - 8/10 cents per share at this stage? 

Hawk

#787 Taurus

Taurus

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationCaledon

Posted 20 March 2014 - 05:31 PM

At this stage a zero game for the minority shareholder but still a few days to go.... Maybe there will be some spice added to make it worthwhile for those who have been with ADW all the way.

“In order to know how good you are at something requires exactly the same skills as it does to be good at that thing in the first place” 

#788 battleship

battleship

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Locationdurban

Posted 20 March 2014 - 05:18 PM

The fact afdawn is in cautionary again is positive as they appear to be making a deal(hopefully a good one).A volume of 1,3m shares today and similar yesterday implies something is happening.however the 8c/9c trading price is a let down as I will soon be able to buy about 1million shares at 8c when I can buy them today at 8c.

The shares should be trading at 10/11/12c to make the option attractive.At present,this is not happenning

#789 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 05:00 PM

I am also undecided whether to take the offer or not

Willing to take a punt on it but just not enough info out there to go on a limb just yet, rather wait for something definitive (like with Finbond for instance when they received their licence = shot it through the roof from there on forwards)

Will wait a bit and see before I take a leap here..

Never underestimate the potential for human stupidity when wealth and power are at stake!

#790 Naxy

Naxy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 20 March 2014 - 04:47 PM

I am also undecided whether to take the offer or not

#791 ponzi

ponzi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Locationcape town

Posted 10 March 2014 - 07:03 AM

I think the future share price will be a function of new business activities. Maybe 15 cent per share by the end of the year.     

Hawk

#792 Staghorn

Staghorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:00 PM

I am unsure as to how well ADW is geared to change their business model from lending to venture capital - I just don't see that change + good results happening quickly?! On the other hand I do belief that the bunch from Knife Capital is a good bunch which is geared well as far as their systems and processes are concerned. I haven't read widely about KC, but I could only found  "news-like" publicity on them...none negative though.

"battleship: The negative is that since its trading at 8c(the offer price) you really don't feel you are getting any preferential  treatment by having hung on for so long" - I couldn't agree more, but looking at fundamentals the 8c still seems to be a fair price...right?

I have been in ADW so long, I think I prefer to rather stay positive about the new developments - I mean the stage is set for something to happen and to me it looks more positive than negative!

#793 battleship

battleship

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Locationdurban

Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:48 PM

The positives are that the new people involved must be going into it with a positive plan and the fact that mvdm has bought in quite big.

The negative is that since its trading at 8c(the offer price) you really dont feel you are getting any preferential  treatment by having hung on for so long.

It is almost as if Afdawn does not want  shareholders to take their option.

I am still undecided?????

#794 Staghorn

Staghorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:56 PM

I gather the first communication regarding the rights offer is out?! A friend of mine is with Investec and he received his email this morning - last date of trade is 13 March 2014. I am with ABSA and I haven't received anything yet... :huh:

I guess it's time to decide if you want/should increase your stakes or not... :rolleyes:

Edited by LWVi, 07 March 2014 - 12:57 PM.

#795 ponzi

ponzi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Locationcape town

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:48 AM

A little birdie eluded to a reverse takeover by Knife Capital (in media this week..). Will Jacques Groenewald as CEO be leading or will Keet (Knife Capital) control the company? Time to wait and see. Why is van der Merwe underwriting 60 million shares as he wont have management inputs as was previously anticipated?       

Hawk

#796 battleship

battleship

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Locationdurban

Posted 01 March 2014 - 11:28 AM

Lionsden felt mvdm was "old world" and that younger blood was necessary.This has happened.I am really in the dark if good or bad is happenning.Share price basically the same due to no volumesThings are about to happen.I am concerned that the 8c shareprice is the option price,so the option may be poorly supported.Again,I am in the dark?????.

#797 ponzi

ponzi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Locationcape town

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:44 PM

vd Merwe is the of the old world rather see KC and other parties taking this forward. 

Hawk

#798 battleship

battleship

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Locationdurban

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:40 PM

Everything that was supposed to happen,is happening.MVDM has aquired shares and adw should buy Knife in early March.The new top brass,namely MVDM, KVZ,the other Knife directors are on board.The vision is still in place.

I really thought the option price of 8c was cheap and expected trading price today would be about 12c making the average purchase price about 10c.I do believe the cheapest adw should trade for is 8c.The 7c trades are people who are just to tired and bored to carry on waiting.

I think that in early March adw will buy KNIFE.they have been working towards this for 6 months already.A positive annoucement should follow.I expect the price to move to about 12c and push to about 15c when the faithfuls buy in.Thereafter the rise will be slow but hopfully by year end they may be up to20-25c.that is a 300% profit

#799 Staghorn

Staghorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:58 PM

I think as soon as May we will see some action..... 

What type movement do you see happening in the price?

#800 ponzi

ponzi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Locationcape town

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:29 PM

I think as soon as May we will see some action..... 

Hawk

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting