#821 Queen B

Queen B

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 22 November 2013 - 04:56 PM

The 9c worry period after the announcement allowed me to purchase more afdawn shares.I cannot see them go below 9c again.I see the share play between 10c and 12c as we wait for news and then rise a long straight line graph.I am not always right,but feel this one is going to become a share of note

Let's hope so ........
Like the way you think

#822 battleship

battleship

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Locationdurban

Posted 22 November 2013 - 04:43 PM

The 9c worry period after the announcement allowed me to purchase more afdawn shares.I cannot see them go below 9c again.I see the share play between 10c and 12c as we wait for news and then rise a long straight line graph.I am not always right,but feel this one is going to become a share of note

#823 Queen B

Queen B

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:26 PM

Hi all

I do believe the loss per share was expected as the new vision was to leave the microlending business.The new top brass have the entrepeneural vision(like buying Knife)and this will be on raised capital.So the fact that the results are poor really means little.

The value of Afdawn rests on where the new leadership takes us,and that looks exciting

Agreed :D

#824 battleship

battleship

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Locationdurban

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:13 PM

Hi all

I do believe the loss per share was expected as the new vision was to leave the microlending business.The new top brass have the entrepeneural vision(like buying Knife)and this will be on raised capital.So the fact that the results are poor really means little.

The value of Afdawn rests on where the new leadership takes us,and that looks exciting

#825 battleship

battleship

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Locationdurban

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:13 PM

Hi all

#826 Queen B

Queen B

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:40 PM

Afdawn advise shareholders that the company expects a change in the Earnings per share ("EPS") and Headline Earnings per share ("HEPS") to reflect a loss per share of (0.80) cents and headline loss per share of (0.75) cents per share respectively, for the six months ended, 31 August 2013.

#827 Naxy

Naxy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:14 PM

Hi Guys

Still new in this industry, hope that I will learn as I engage with ya'll

#828 ponzi

ponzi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Locationcape town

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:48 AM

Still trading at discount to NAV? Lots of blue sky value.

Hawk

#829 Queen B

Queen B

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:44 AM

Plenty of action on this share today

#830 ponzi

ponzi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Locationcape town

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:52 PM

As I understand it KC will bring a pipeline of possible investments and privilege assets, surely the management must have plans to establish a war chest of some sort? Then using the cash and capabilities to attract more SMEs in the growth phase. What about a name change to articulate a strong brand position? Selling existing assets will go a long way to secure investment capital. The KC deal will surely be a share exchange? The future vision a listed VCC with strong growth investments - a unique position, if they are right.         

Hawk

#831 Taurus

Taurus

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationCaledon

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:26 PM

Hi all
Sounds really exciting to be part of Knife Capital being listed on the jse
Q1 Keet vz is already up top at KC and already independant non executive director of Afdawn.What role will he (and also mac vdm)have in the buyout?
Q2 How will afdawn pay and how much.(normally you raise the cash and then buy)

The early announcements hinted at something extraordinary and its lookslike its happening

Do you think that ADW is designed to hold only KC?

Do you think that ADW's shareholders lose anything if they inject their business in accordance to their shareholding?

Do you think ADW can issue more shares?

Do you think that this practice makes ownership of a profitable business more attractive in many ways.

Do you think that there are a lot of shares left in the market to "speculate"

“In order to know how good you are at something requires exactly the same skills as it does to be good at that thing in the first place” 

#832 battleship

battleship

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Locationdurban

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:50 PM

Hi all
Sounds really exciting to be part of Knife Capital being listed on the jse
Q1 Keet vz is already up top at KC and already independant non executive director of Afdawn.What role will he (and also mac vdm)have in the buyout?
Q2 How will afdawn pay and how much.(normally you raise the cash and then buy)

The early announcements hinted at something extraordinary and its lookslike its happening

#833 Taurus

Taurus

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationCaledon

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:33 PM

Hi all,

as said if you look closely at the current shareholders there is more to come. I always liked green energy :)

Now that the infidels left the ship it seems the right time to throw the lines and start sailing.

Joost

“In order to know how good you are at something requires exactly the same skills as it does to be good at that thing in the first place” 

#834 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:40 PM

Will be interesting to see.. still a bit of a gamble at the moment I'd say, but then look what happened to Finbond in 12 months :huh:

Never underestimate the potential for human stupidity when wealth and power are at stake!

#835 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:15 PM

CAUTIONARY ANNOUNCEMENT:

Shareholders are hereby advised that Afdawn has entered into
negotiations to acquire 100% of the issued shares in Knife
Capital Proprietary Limited

AND

Mr. K. van Zyl  Independent Non-Executive Director - He co-founded growth equity fund manager: Knife Capital (where he is a partner and board member of various portfolio investments) to fund and support knowledge-enabled entrepreneurs.

“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.” - Lewis Carroll

#836 battleship

battleship

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Locationdurban

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:55 PM

29 million afdawns traded late today.(8-11-13) at 8c.Someone knows something we dont all know

#837 ponzi

ponzi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Locationcape town

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:33 PM

I read between the lines of the recent SENS announcement.... Afdawn may become a vehicle for an unique VCC play? Success will largely depends on if the role players can sell the unsecured lending business, do a successful rights offer - do they have the capabilities to transform mediocre SMEs, secure a channel of attractive growth investments and acquire shares in a number of fitting businesses at value considerations. Are the Board members capable of pulling this off? Time will tell.      

Hawk

#838 OreoRaider

OreoRaider

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:22 PM

I bought some of these months ago...

Now every time I see a new message on this topic, it gets me nervous....  :ph34r:

That's what she said....

#839 battleship

battleship

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Locationdurban

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:25 PM

Dear Lionsden

Is there something you know or are you just on a hunch?

#840 HendrikB

HendrikB

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSouth East Asia

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:05 PM

Watch this space

is this a joke?

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting