900 replies to this topic

#861 Taurus

Taurus

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationCaledon

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:44 PM

Looks like they will have to discontinue trading today otherwise they might end up at 1c.

:ph34r:

Ok, got to correct myself. 4c today is more realistic. But it seems to get fast now. "As the crow flies"

“In order to know how good you are at something requires exactly the same skills as it does to be good at that thing in the first place” 

#862 Taurus

Taurus

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationCaledon

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:33 AM

Looks like they will have to discontinue trading today otherwise they might end up at 1c.

:ph34r:

“In order to know how good you are at something requires exactly the same skills as it does to be good at that thing in the first place” 

#863 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:29 AM

Taurus and all
Went away Friday lunchtime to spend a weekend eating crayfish and drinking white wine and missed the Sens announcement.As things stood Afdawn appeared to be run by someone with no shareholding.
Clearly they will pow wow who actually wears the pants.From a logical point they should announce ownership to the people we thought were the real directors.However they may decide to close shop and admit defeat.As it stands i see it as 10%good and 90% bad.
I have been positive when things had potential but now it it is just a lottery.
One day is not a long time to wait.(i just cannot see m.v.d.m walking out in a potential position of fraud.

:)

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#864 battleship

battleship

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Locationdurban

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:26 AM

Taurus and all

Went away Friday lunchtime to spend a weekend eating crayfish and drinking white wine and missed the Sens announcement.As things stood Afdawn appeared to be run by someone with no shareholding.

Clearly they will pow wow who actually wears the pants.From a logical point they should announce ownership to the people we thought were the real directors.However they may decide to close shop and admit defeat.As it stands i see it as 10%good and 90% bad.

I have been positive when things had potential but now it it is just a lottery.

One day is not a long time to wait.(i just cannot see m.v.d.m walking out in a potential position of fraud.

#865 Taurus

Taurus

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationCaledon

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:32 AM

Was tempted to buy today from a very speculative perspective. Might trade the expectation Monday.....

on a second thought: ....if they are still trading...

#866 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:46 PM

Was tempted to buy today from a very speculative perspective. Might trade the expectation Monday.....

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#867 Taurus

Taurus

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationCaledon

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:36 PM

FYI

Attached Files

#868 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:41 AM

Any reasons why one should not get a couple of shares from a speculative perspective...based on fundamentals?

I have not looked at the charts from a TA perspective.....any thoughts???

There is a lot safer bets if you really want to.. Wait for this one to actually produce something then jump on board

Never underestimate the potential for human stupidity when wealth and power are at stake!

#869 HendrikB

HendrikB

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSouth East Asia

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:49 PM

Any reasons why one should not get a couple of shares from a speculative perspective...based on fundamentals?

this is bad news. stay away.

#870 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:33 PM

#871 battleship

battleship

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Locationdurban

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:30 PM

Hi Taurus and others

Afdawn gave a very rare sens message today.It basically said that their sens announcement of 27/11/12 which anniunced that Vaal Mac had purchased 7,87% of afdawn is actually untrue.My reason to see

potential was due to Mac vd Merwe buying in.Is this announcement........fraud??

Understandably Afdawn traded 1,25 million shares and fell to 8c.

Like we have been discussing,some thing is brewing.However it makes no sense for mac vd merwe to to captain of the ship and recruit hot shots if he is not a major player.

I do believe the truth will start to come out soon and that mac does own a considerable chunk of afdawn.

Irrespective,the announcement is not encouraging.

I have sat the boring ride for quite some time and am prepared to await announcements

#872 battleship

battleship

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Locationdurban

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:16 AM

I live in Durban and am allergic to Joburg traffic and will not attend the AGM.The report back however  should indicate direction.With the  expertise available the new direction could be a successful IT launch ,further luxury wine farms/lodges or a clever real estate package in this field.Since a JSE listed company was gained "for a song", and the likes of Keet to have access to capital, through banking and client base,great things could happen quick.Some thing must be brewing but we must remain patient at receiving no news.

#873 Taurus

Taurus

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationCaledon

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:54 PM

I own a reasonable number of afdawn(mainly bought at 12c and 14c).Micro lending is clearly in the doldrums at present.(proof is Abils 50%recent drop).I believe the reason they are stuck at 8,9 and 10c is due to no news on progress being given.

I cannot see why brilliant minds  like mac van der merwe,vanya lessing,wendy luhabe and keet van zyl would join up on a new vision for afdawn if they did not have an ace up their sleeves.

Financials are due in a month.

On a purely practical way of seeing it,the chance of rising substantially after the financials are good.i know its a gamble but i like the odds.

I see you share my sentiment. As observed earlier, nobody right in their minds would spend such an effort if they did not have a contingency plan. Well I am not informed but I can tell you that I can read in between the lines.

It is just a matter of time until they open up. I would like to visit the AGM but no time avail for me for this exercise. If you look at the shareholder distribution we might have someone to go and come back and tell the story to the WC.

Joost 

#874 battleship

battleship

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Locationdurban

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:00 PM

I own a reasonable number of afdawn(mainly bought at 12c and 14c).Micro lending is clearly in the doldrums at present.(proof is Abils 50%recent drop).I believe the reason they are stuck at 8,9 and 10c is due to no news on progress being given.

I cannot see why brilliant minds  like mac van der merwe,vanya lessing,wendy luhabe and keet van zyl would join up on a new vision for afdawn if they did not have an ace up their sleeves.

Financials are due in a month.

On a purely practical way of seeing it,the chance of rising substantially after the financials are good.i know its a gamble but i like the odds.

#875 lekwaneb

lekwaneb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 02:15 PM

New holder of the shares and will be observing them for the next 2 years without much agitation. Thanks to you Taurus just by the way.

#876 Taurus

Taurus

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationCaledon

Posted 02 September 2013 - 04:22 PM

AGM: Sasfin Head Office, 29 Scott Street, Waverley, Johannesburg on Tuesday, 15 October 2013 at 10h30.

Anybody going there? Long way for me to fly up for little shareholding. But maybe the food is good. I will give a proxy to any shareholder who wants to attend.

Joost

#877 Taurus

Taurus

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationCaledon

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:02 PM

The past 6 years I have been sitting on a few ADW shares...I was one of those who got in on R1...(I admit it is painful... :() then it slipped to 20c...and even further to 6c. I managed to bring my loss down to 51% with some very lucky dealings when it moved between the 7c and 20c levels.

Not willing to cut the losses yet, so I am holding on...

NAV with no business is between 12 and 13 ct. Fullstop. If they can't pull up a viable business they are dead within two years burning the residual cash.

#878 Taurus

Taurus

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationCaledon

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:10 AM

If the share gets to 6 cent or lower they can stop trading and delist. Back to the over the counter market. Not a bad thing if you ask me.

#879 Staghorn

Staghorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationPaarl, Western Cape

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:21 PM

The past 6 years I have been sitting on a few ADW shares...I was one of those who got in on R1...(I admit it is painful... :() then it slipped to 20c...and even further to 6c. I managed to bring my loss down to 51% with some very lucky dealings when it moved between the 7c and 20c levels.

Not willing to cut the losses yet, so I am holding on...

#880 Taurus

Taurus

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationCaledon

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:51 AM

Taurus with all due respect, 2 things you should concern yourself with a cash shell!!

1. The dilution effect when they acquire a business or with a reverse takeover.

2. The cycle for investments. We are at the top of the cycle and any new business opportunities will be at a hellva premium. So  I believe these guys will be overpaying for any new business opportunities and you will be stuck in here for good!!

my 2c

Thanks,

I will have a look into it. All there 500.000.000 are issued and in circulation. But as said this is not a classical reverse take-over. This looks like a new animal to me. 

And if they are able to inject viable business I am happy. I am not looking for share price rockets. I look for long term high dividend shares.

Joost

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting