900 replies to this topic

#81 ponzi

ponzi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Locationcape town

Posted 28 November 2016 - 02:45 PM

Can the financial gurus help; your market value is 1/2 cents per share and toy make .8 cents per share loss over six months where does that left you?  

Hawk

#82 ajax

ajax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 02:24 PM

JR7800 LOL :angry: the JSE has failed Afdawn shareholders. The AD Board and specifically JG must be held responsible but will not be. I wonder where the latest losses came from? KC the wizzkids maybe? Fancy salaries? Their Corporate Governance stinks..... 

#83 JR7800

JR7800

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 09:04 AM

Did anyone else read the Trading Statement, Release Date: 25/11/2016 16:05:00, or was it just me who wanted to mess up my weekend again with some bad news, yet again.

Ponzi, regarding your comment of 40cents to 30cents by year end, I like your optimism. Personally, I see it way below your estimate, but I so hope for all our sake I am wrong.

However, looking at the history of constant disappointments over the last couple of years, and no proper plan ( at least no plan that they are willing to share with the shareholders) I doubt anything will change.

Yet again, another Christmas is around the corner with no present of hope for this one under the tree.

I am also a shareholder of Jubilee Platinum shares. I so wish that the AFDAWN management can take a page from them in how to involve their shareholders. They also were down and out, with shareholders kicking and screaming. They however realised the value of their shareholders. They are really trying to keep their shareholder up to date on what is going on in the company and this have increased the shareholders commitment and attitude towards the company and the management team, which clearly reflects in their share price.

We know not everything that went wrong can be laid at the feet of the management team, but without us being kept in the loop, it makes it very difficult to see what is and what is not to blame on management.

We don't expect to be involved in the day to day running of the company, that is why management gets paid for it. But a much clearer picture of where we are going and how we are going to get there will do a world of good.

I am pretty much done with this company, and to even consider anything that is said and done by them is wasting time that could have been spent on something worth while.

Am I sad that this company who showed great promise a couple of years back, when the KC deal was done, have failed so terribly? You bet I am, and so do I think a lot of us.

I am taking a break from share trading for December 2016 and will see you all in the new year. Wishing all the AFDAWN shareholders and management team a happy festive season.

Best wishes

#84 Rulz3

Rulz3

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 03:07 PM

I have been following this thread for more than a year now and its probably the most depressing of all the topics on this website. Good luck to all the investors of Afdawn, hope you all have some light in the tunnel I have been following.

#85 ponzi

ponzi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Locationcape town

Posted 21 November 2016 - 02:56 PM

At last some space to move, I suggest the new 40 cent shares will trade at 30 cents by year end....

Hawk

#86 ponzi

ponzi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Locationcape town

Posted 12 October 2016 - 09:24 AM

BR the only way to rescue some value. To take decision making out of the hands of the present Board and JG. I wonder if any shareholders will ask any questions on the 18th?

If they 'split' the shares say 4/1 ons will be able to see what the real market value of the share is, I guess 50% of 1 cent!   

Hawk

#87 ajax

ajax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 01:48 PM

Attending a waste of time, the large shareholders agree with the Board.  

#88 ajax

ajax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 01:46 PM

Will attending and voting have any impact? The major shareholders and the Board have obviously decided what they want to achieve.

I and many other small shareholders agree with your analyses. Consolidating shares without a workable plan is just another way of depleting shareholder' value. Dissatisfied shareholders will not bother JG an his Board, in his mind he is doing a great job as number one.     

#89 JR7800

JR7800

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 08:20 AM

Taurus, will gladly vote on our behalf.

So I got the AGM pack from AFDAWN in the post yesterday. All the financials and proposed items to vote on at AGM. Everyone else made made money again except the shareholders.

I am going to be at the AGM and will be voting against the share consolidation purely to limit my downside losses as explained in my earlier post on the forum.

I am not sure how the proxy system work to appoint me as your proxy to vote on your behalf, but I am more than willing to exercise your vote on your behalf should you also want to oppose the share consolidation.

Preferably try and make the AGM yourself so they can see the faces of their dissatisfied shareholders.

Mac, will you be at the AGM? What is your thoughts on the share consolidation?

#90 Taurus

Taurus

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationCaledon

Posted 16 September 2016 - 09:37 PM

I think you got a valid point to vote against the consolidation. I can't make it on the 18th of October but you can have my proxy to support the objection.

T

“In order to know how good you are at something requires exactly the same skills as it does to be good at that thing in the first place” 

#91 JR7800

JR7800

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 12:37 PM

I see AFDAWN wants to consolidate the shares on a 40 to 1 basis.

I really hope everyone comes to the AGM and votes against this.

Currently the share price, for all practical purposes are 1cent. What this means is that the lot of us still holding shares cannot lose any more money. If you hold 4,000 shares @1 cent it is worth R40.

If we agree to the consolidation you will have 100 shares (4,000/40) @ the consolidated price of R40 (1 cent x 4000 = 40 cents x 100).

My problem with the consolidation is that it will mean you can lose more on your investment. As there is not really any good news to lift the share price from a consolidated value of 40c per share I will expect it to fall even further, even going back to 1 cent again. This will mean that your investment in 4,000 shares which currently can go below R40 rand will be worth: 100 consolidated shares @ 1 cent = R1.

So you have lost another R39 of your money by agreeing to the share consolidation.

Management must rather concentrate their efforts in improving the business and to start generating profits instead of finding ways for their shareholders to lose more money.

Management will most probably condemn this post again but I really don't care anymore. Have had enough of empty promises.

Hope to see all you shareholders who have had enough at the AGM.

#92 ajax

ajax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 04:53 PM

Anybody know anything about AD? They surely must be out of cash by now?

#93 ponzi

ponzi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Locationcape town

Posted 03 June 2016 - 05:29 PM

You must give it to them, drawing the last blood from the company. Cash almost done another R6.9 million loss, and yes Knife Capital was bought and cash changed hands now burning cash to keep playing with their tools. Ouch!   

Hawk

#94 ponzi

ponzi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Locationcape town

Posted 03 June 2016 - 05:29 PM

You must give it to them, drawing the last blood from the company. Cash almost done another R6.9 million loss, and yes Knife Capital was bought and cash changed hands now burning cash to keep playing with their tools. Ouch!   

Hawk

#95 Pratlou

Pratlou

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 03:20 PM

Are there anyone still holding stock in this company? Why ?
Shouldn't you have sold when suspension was lifted?

#96 battleship

battleship

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Locationdurban

Posted 03 June 2016 - 02:42 PM

THEY WERE MULLETS AND NOW APPEAR TO BE EVEN BIGGER MULLETS.

HOW LONG CAN ONES PATIENCE LAST?

#97 ajax

ajax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 02:38 PM

Why don't they mention their Knife Capital R100 million investment fund? KC now in loss making territory.... JG best deal ever.  

#98 ajax

ajax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 08:21 AM

Wow only about R8 million loss they are really turning the company around!

#99 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 27 May 2016 - 03:38 PM

TRADING STATEMENT
Shareholders are hereby advised that a reasonable degree of
certainty exists that for the year ended 29 February 2016, the
Company will report a basic loss per share of between 0.41 cents
and 1.17 cents, being a reduction in basic loss per share of
between 70% and 89%, and a headline loss per share of between
0.38 cents and 1.19 cents, being a reduction in headline loss
per share of between 71% and 91%, compared to the basic loss per
share of 3.84 cents and the headline loss per share of 4.08
cents published for the previous corresponding period.

“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.” - Lewis Carroll

#100 ajax

ajax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 01:36 PM

Time for an upbeat SENS....interims about due. 

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting