• Please log in to reply
900 replies to this topic

#121 Pratlou

Pratlou

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 08:36 PM

I think we might use some shareholder rights that exist within companies act. Who is major shareholder at AD?

Edited by Pratlou, 25 December 2015 - 08:36 PM.

#122 Taurus

Taurus

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationCaledon

Posted 25 December 2015 - 11:39 AM

Well, with all fairness I must say that if all tings go right this time the share should trade at interims between 100 and !20 Cents. That would be a 10 bagger for everybody who had the patience.

“In order to know how good you are at something requires exactly the same skills as it does to be good at that thing in the first place” 

#123 ajax

ajax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 01:51 PM

Could the new FD be a friend and associate of the CEO?

#124 ajax

ajax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 01:25 PM

The interim FS is giving us more perspective on KC, R 350,000 profit in 6 month period (what a company!) and the possible future plans of AD. I wonder if Jacques can remember his tweet that KC was his best transaction ever? The company is truly back as a unsecured lending entity. I think we can expect a sell off of KC to the vendors, some arbitrage in which they come out smiling. There is also a hint at changes to the Board on the 11th January when the Black partners must deliver a (undefined) letter off comfort. Who are they? Do they have experience in this field? Share price? Maybe 2/3 cents per share? Brave buyers.

#125 Taurus

Taurus

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationCaledon

Posted 23 December 2015 - 10:10 AM

You bet, seems like a 1 cent share?

Huh? A  1 Runt share?

“In order to know how good you are at something requires exactly the same skills as it does to be good at that thing in the first place” 

#126 ponzi

ponzi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Locationcape town

Posted 23 December 2015 - 06:49 AM

So the main business is renting out of properties! R 2 million impairment re KC contract, wonder what that is? Their going concern status depending on new funding - who in their right mind will dump more money in the uncontrolled black hole. More questions than answers....

Hawk

#127 ponzi

ponzi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Locationcape town

Posted 22 December 2015 - 09:04 AM

You bet, seems like a 1 cent share?

Hawk

#128 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 21 December 2015 - 04:47 PM

Trading statement out. The earnings could be fair value adjustments, who knows. The important thing is that the results are out tomorrow and I assume the suspension will be lifted.

“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.” - Lewis Carroll

#129 ponzi

ponzi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Locationcape town

Posted 18 December 2015 - 06:40 AM

Well we are unfortunately getting more of the same. I would think that as a responsible Board they should communicate to the market why the share is not trading at this stage. Are there more surprises relating to the interim's? The JSE must approve trading why are they not?

Hawk

#130 Taurus

Taurus

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationCaledon

Posted 17 December 2015 - 07:10 PM

knowledge is power.

we know nothing.

Nothing matters

#131 battleship

battleship

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Locationdurban

Posted 17 December 2015 - 04:35 PM

The Year is closing off and we know .........nothing

What a bunch of spineless people to not enlighten their shareholders of whats going on.Its Christmas, a time of giving and goodwill and the shareholders feel used.Very used.Do the directors not see how their actions  or lack of them, are harming people?Very sad indeed!!!

#132 ajax

ajax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 07:40 AM

Nice to fantasize. In a perfect world the Afdawn Board will learn from the past; they should break all ties with Elite!! The final nail in the coffin will come from Elite. KC should be a subsidiary without special privileges.

Use the listing, shareholder base and possible assessed losses to start a new business. Induce someone to do a reverse listing bringing some real assets on board. This will take some lateral thinking but could be done but will shake the cage.

This is now pie in the sky; the executives have 16.8% shareholding, other big shareholders have reasons to keep the status - so dream on.

Also it is a pity that non of that Directors follow comments on the forum. Maybe Taurus, JR7800, Battleship and others should try to meet with JG and non-executive Board members as you are all obviously not only irritated but have a good feeling for business. I see Flagship is a big shareholder bring them closer to a solution?

#133 Taurus

Taurus

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationCaledon

Posted 11 December 2015 - 05:59 PM

If they are really serious about moving forward with stakeholder communication they should urgently put up a FB page and blog. I wonder how many shareholders visit their web site to seek information as this was dormant for so long?

At this stage we have to accept the status of the company; a 2/3 cent share with very little resources.

As shareholder not having the benefit of inside information one can urge them to take action to create and unlock value for all shareholders;
Revisit the reason for existence and establish a workable BP - immediately not after the holidays
Clean the Board from executives i.e. only CEO and FD on Board
Acknowledge that the shareholder base is a big asset
Consolidate the shares 50/1
Adopt a transparent shareholder communication plan - communicate the plan to all stakeholders
Find a way to get growth funding and resources
They have to commit to the 'business of business'
I had a chat with someone that was involved in the company previously, he suggests that they should us e outside professional advice re the above. This will be more credible and will eliminate possible 'vested interest' structuring
Above all show clear leadership (unity of command)the CEO must be the only spokesperson.....

I am in. Like your idea. With a consolidation of 500/1 you would even be more serious.

Makes any future brighter. Penny stocks are far to sensitive to transaction cost and manipulation.

Go back to the basics. Get the right people with the right motivation and we will see the dawn of Africa.

Forget about the quick money. It will never work and the honest shareholders will always take the pun.

Ethical responsibility is the way forward and not the "love for money"

T.

#134 ponzi

ponzi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Locationcape town

Posted 11 December 2015 - 08:04 AM

If they are really serious about moving forward with stakeholder communication they should urgently put up a FB page and blog. I wonder how many shareholders visit their web site to seek information as this was dormant for so long?

At this stage we have to accept the status of the company; a 2/3 cent share with very little resources.

As shareholder not having the benefit of inside information one can urge them to take action to create and unlock value for all shareholders;
Revisit the reason for existence and establish a workable BP - immediately not after the holidays
Clean the Board from executives i.e. only CEO and FD on Board
Acknowledge that the shareholder base is a big asset
Consolidate the shares 50/1
Adopt a transparent shareholder communication plan - communicate the plan to all stakeholders
Find a way to get growth funding and resources
They have to commit to the 'business of business'
I had a chat with someone that was involved in the company previously, he suggests that they should us e outside professional advice re the above. This will be more credible and will eliminate possible 'vested interest' structuring
Above all show clear leadership (unity of command)the CEO must be the only spokesperson.....

Hawk

#135 ajax

ajax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 06:35 AM

Do we see a breakthrough re shareholders' communication at Afdawn? See News on their web site.

I must say that the update is of value as for the first time you get the feeling that the Board are taking their King 3 responsibility in this regard seriously.

I disagree with some of the statements specifically regarding limited management time due to the 'sorting out'of Elite. The KC team had time and funds available to develop their 'pet' project, YouDiligence, and spent time and resources on overseas visits and other nice to do social activities. Why not use these resources on the 'old' vision?

Let us hope for more informative updates and that the interim's will soon see the light. It must be noted that they say that the future vision/strategy (business model)will be clarified in the near future. Let's hope this is not a pie in the sky promise.

#136 Taurus

Taurus

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationCaledon

Posted 10 December 2015 - 01:51 PM

Harmony already up 20%. I see some of you do understand the game. If you are on CFD's you are smiling all the way......

#137 ajax

ajax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 11:13 AM

Hi All,

We must see the irony in this; KC vendors are really good salespeople, selling their dead horse for R 10 million, getting top-up refunds building castles in the sky and live the good life while shareholders' are being taken to the cleaners.

I wonder who will invest in their new fund? Does anybody know why the share in not trading yet?

#138 Taurus

Taurus

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationCaledon

Posted 10 December 2015 - 09:26 AM

For those who have been bleeding this is free:

Look carefully at the 2001 scenario and analyse what happened. History repeats itself. Although there are always different nuances. So read carefully and invest wisely with the benefit if hindsight and the senses for the future.

Yours Faithfully,

Taurus

#139 Taurus

Taurus

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationCaledon

Posted 09 December 2015 - 06:17 PM

Chorus:

Liar, liar, pants on fire
Your nose is longer than a telephone wire

Verse 1:

Ask me, baby, why I'm sad
You been out all night, know you been bad
Don't tell me different, know it's a lie
Come kill me, honey, see how I cry

Verse 2:

Why must you hurt me, do what you do
Listen here, girl, can't you see I love you
Make a little effort, try to be true
I'll be happy, not so blue

[repeat chorus]

Verse 3:

If you keep on tellin' me those lies
Still goin' out with other guys
There'll come a day I'll be gone
Take my advice, won't be long

Verse 4:

When that day comes, won't be mad
Be free of you, but I'll still be sad
In spite of your cheatin', still love you so
I'll be unhappy if I let you go

[repeat chorus]

#140 ajax

ajax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 04:31 PM

The executives should create a platform for stakeholders to interact with them. I think they are underestimating the frustration as JR7800 has put it. Why is the share still not trading? When will they announce interim's? What is the 'new' business model? Doing what did not work in the past again? I can remember in the SENS trading update November 2014 Elite was sorted, then at AGM same think then when they were doing the informal discussions with us in February same thing. Why believe them now?

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting