• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 Investor1

Investor1

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:07 PM

orca, AMS is a way better short---trust me :P ;)

delta, werent you a long term investor in ams at some stage? 

It is what people actually did in the stock market that counted – not what they said they were going to do. - JL

#22 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,918 posts
  • Location37.2350° N, 115.8111° W

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:54 PM

orca, AMS is a way better short---trust me :P ;)

“melior diabolus quem scies”

#23 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:48 PM

Diss my NPN Sell. This was posted today and investors might disregard the Fully Valued. NPN is one of the five Co's.

"BCG names companies ‘that will shape the global economy over the next decade" Moneyweb.

Edited by Orca, 14 June 2013 - 04:49 PM.

I started here with nothing and still have most of it left.

#24 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:13 AM

Thanks, but I'm very wary of this one; burned my fingers badly and lost a lot of money shorting NPN when I just started CFD trading, and that was a trade initiated by our "tutor". Will keep an eye on it and if I take it, a close SL.

NPN short to initial target of 68560. SL at 75680. 

#25 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:19 AM

Thanks, but I'm very wary of this one; burned my fingers badly and lost a lot of money shorting NPN when I just started CFD trading, and that was a trade initiated by our "tutor". Will keep an eye on it and if I take it, a close SL.

many traders burnt on their shorts with NPN, me included, for what its worth...look for stocks that have downward momentum coupled with negative outlook(i'm sure you know this already but mentioned just in case)

VOD LDT coming up if you brave ;)

#26 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:10 AM

AMS - has to be one of my favorite short's, last year and up until recently they've been a easy call.

Thanks. Will give it a go. I think today is an opportunity to get in; sentiment doesn't change that quickly. And then, and I'm really sorry to say this and it depresses me greatly, but it's one of those facts of life; there's still Mr Mandela...

Exi, impie, exi, scelerae, exi cum omnia fallacia tua

#27 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:07 AM

NPN. Fully Valued and already heading down after a good run.

#28 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:44 AM

AMS - has to be one of my favorite short's, last year and up until recently they've been a easy call.

#29 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:14 PM

NPN. Fully Valued and already heading down after a good run.

Edited by Orca, 13 June 2013 - 05:17 PM.

#30 Investor1

Investor1

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:09 PM

Thanks. Also have it on my watchlist for a long; has a nice "wavy" pattern to ride up and down and seems to be nearing it's next bottom (for a long), but my short order is going in...

i mentioned this on another thread that baw is a seasonal stock. if you analyse the movements you will notice how it starts moving down in may until october-ish and then in october it starts its incline. it has repeated that pattern for past 3 years if i remember correctly. 

It is what people actually did in the stock market that counted – not what they said they were going to do. - JL

#31 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:04 PM

baw has been a no brainer since last month. i think it still has a lower target going into july. 

Thanks. Also have it on my watchlist for a long; has a nice "wavy" pattern to ride up and down and seems to be nearing it's next bottom (for a long), but my short order is going in...

#32 Investor1

Investor1

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:53 PM

Come on guys, I'm looking for stocks to short! ;) I know it goes against our grain and what we look for, but which are the bad, very sensitive to sentiment companies?

baw has been a no brainer since last month. i think it still has a lower target going into july. 

#33 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:01 PM

Come on guys, I'm looking for stocks to short! ;) I know it goes against our grain and what we look for, but which are the bad, very sensitive to sentiment companies?

#34 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:34 PM

Added TBS (tx HDB)

#35 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:12 AM

I'm short ANG, LON and STX Fini, all already in profit (from yesterday) with trailing stops. AGL already stopped out.

Disclaimer: THESE ARE NOT RECOMMENDATIONS, just been my own thoughts and because of limit orders being activated. I am not knowledgeable or technical, but get most of my ideas from this forum and own (usually uninformed) logic. Hence all the questions.  :)

#36 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:44 AM

Resources will gain from currency weakness, possible strike action to a large extent already baked in.

Retail and banking would be my guess, plus a couple indi like IPL, BVT, ones that have run well for a while.

Plus any majorly foreign owned, WHL point in case down over 12% just this week. 

Anyone need a heads up...!

#37 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:38 AM

What do you guys reckon are the best stocks to short, with the fastest, longest, surest drops expected, i.e. "reverse growth" probabilities? HDB, Delta, Perreby....?

With all this Bernanke cuts stuff, time of the year, emerging markets negativity, rand weakness, strikes, etc talk going round, I surely had a much more restful night being short in the market, albeit very small and few stocks.

Lonmin, Anglo; what do you guys think?

Edited by BBW, 13 June 2013 - 09:41 AM.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting