#21 M e r l i n

M e r l i n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationSANDTON

Posted 25 March 2015 - 10:37 PM

There was a man called B-ch-r (don't want to get sued) who used to write a column for a newspaper wherein he would list 5 stock pics every Thursday, it was noticed the shares he picked would rise on the Tuesday preceding, as for a fee he would provide these stocks names to the fee paying few on the Monday who would sell out to the gullible investors on the Friday and the stock prices thereafter reverted to normal naturally thereafter.

He did precisely the same and made a packet, particularly in those days you had almost two weeks to settle (depending on which day of the week you bought) which meant you never actually paid for the stock, you just swung past their offices to pick up a cheque on your way to lunch.

He was never actually outed but the newspaper terminated his column because of 'rumours'.

[quote name="gamma" post="251481" timestamp="1421056539"]

True but he also called a buy on Ellies at around R6. He will never admit that of course, in fact he goes even further buy saying that although he tweeted buy he actually put out a note to his 'subscribers' saying sell. Reminds me of that other nut Kramer on CNBC. Remember how he was outed by John Stewart?

Watch this :D

i just look at the facts gamma. This guy is consistently outperforming his peers. I suggest you take a look at his stock picks for 2015.

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. (Isaac Asimov)

#22 Sugafoot

Sugafoot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 07:59 AM

Hi guys.<br /><br />I am trying to understand the impact of PSG on Zeder. Something about performance fees.<br />Often I hear commentators saying it's better to invest in the holding company because of the fees and that its relatively cheaper.<br /><br />Can anyone please explain how this system works? And the thought of investing in the holding company.<br />Thank you in advance.

#23 Saints

Saints

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationSandton

Posted 15 January 2015 - 04:03 PM

I would expect companies like Zeder to trade at about 15% to the SOTP (or NAV). At 743c  it is about 14% so sounds about right. Good move by Zeder and PSG to add the SOTP tool to their websites to assist investors

#24 Sugafoot

Sugafoot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 10:22 AM

SOTP for Zeder as of today: 862c vs current share of 743c. Check website

#25 HendrikB

HendrikB

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSouth East Asia

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:53 AM

[quote name="gamma" post="251481" timestamp="1421056539"]

True but he also called a buy on Ellies at around R6. He will never admit that of course, in fact he goes even further buy saying that although he tweeted buy he actually put out a note to his 'subscribers' saying sell. Reminds me of that other nut Kramer on CNBC. Remember how he was outed by John Stewart?

Watch this :D

i just look at the facts gamma. This guy is consistently outperforming his peers. I suggest you take a look at his stock picks for 2015.

#26 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 12 January 2015 - 11:55 AM

Im sure he's a wanker;), but he has his ear on the ground and plays footsies with execs & ceo's. I dont mind him being self-promoting as long as he keeps on making good calls. His punt on Convergenet was n masterstroke. Im looking forward to his recommendation for 2015.

Watch this  :D

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#27 Sugafoot

Sugafoot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 07:48 PM

Great run share has had until year end. Started new year around 740. Some 75% gain in my holding over one year.<br />PSG increased its stake significantly toward year end, and I think so did PIC.<br /><br />Antony Clark reported on some kind of rumour he'd heard. Anyone with any idea of it? Any foresight on the year ahead? I think the share should hit R10 by year end, aided by lower fuel prices in part

#28 HendrikB

HendrikB

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 10:50 AM

Im sure he's a wanker;), but he has his ear on the ground and plays footsies with execs & ceo's. I dont mind him being self-promoting as long as he keeps on making good calls. His punt on Convergenet was n masterstroke. Im looking forward to his recommendation for 2015.

#29 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 14 October 2014 - 09:10 AM

Haha... whatever Anthony says I concur. The guy is making me a lot of money.

I don't trust that guy. He is a self-promoting wanker, always shouting when he is right yet when he is wrong he lies about his call. Not sure he realizes that this thing called the internet is a record one can easily review...

To be fair he has made some good calls but just be careful about following blindly.

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#30 HendrikB

HendrikB

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 03:17 PM

you think? or anthony clark thinks...? :P

Haha... whatever Anthony says I concur. The guy is making me a lot of money.

#31 flexbender

flexbender

• PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 01:24 PM

You mean SHF ;)

[link to Karin's tweet]

hahaha................idiot  :wacko:

wrong thread. sorry

will repost to SHF.

thanks

#32 vlam

vlam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 11:03 AM

Karin Richards put a 9 month(?) target on ZED of R81 yesterday.

You mean SHF ;)

[link to Karin's tweet]

#33 flexbender

flexbender

• PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 10:43 AM

Karin Richards put a 9 month(?) target on ZED of R81 yesterday.

#34 SB45

SB45

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationGauteng

Posted 08 October 2014 - 10:23 PM

you think? or anthony clark thinks...?   :P

Zader is one of those shares, we like to kick our selves on the backside for not getting more off during these times

#35 flexbender

flexbender

• PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 12:08 PM

Nice little discount. I think zeder will settle down at 6.20 or so.

you think? or anthony clark thinks...?   :P

#36 HendrikB

HendrikB

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:53 AM

Nice little discount. I think zeder will settle down at 6.20 or so.

#37 flexbender

flexbender

• PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 04:36 PM

20% discount to SOTP!

I am a buyer.

#38 Saints

Saints

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationSandton

Posted 03 October 2014 - 08:25 AM

I am a little surprised at the extent of the pullback when there is good news on the horizon i.e. the interims to be released next week and the AVL transaction all pointing to an increase in earnings, The PE of 21 unfortunately makes the share expensive at these levels and it is most likely that the sell off is due to this and in line with the drop we are seeing in markets of late.

#39 Sugafoot

Sugafoot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:55 AM

I think it's due to a general pullback.<br />If you in for long term, then it's good to go in now...

#40 Geko

Geko

• PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 02:29 PM

With this pullback and good results on the way, is Zeder a buy at these levels or am I missing something?

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting