Photo
- - - - -

Small Caps: Which is the Next Ten Bagger?

small caps

• Please log in to reply
1114 replies to this topic

#761 ajax

ajax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 03:14 PM

Any Afdawn shareholders out there? Are we in for a happy Xmas. New Chairman with 20 years of IP experience (ENS) recent announcement of amazing 'prove of concept' outcome. Trading at 8 cents but was as high as 20 cents 3 months ago. 

#762 ponzi

ponzi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Locationcape town

Posted 20 November 2014 - 10:44 AM

I read this weekend that Afdawn has 10/20? investment opportunities that were identified after a robust evaluation process. Will they announce something in this regard soon, before the AGM on 12th December? Directors Andrea Bommert and Keet van Zyl also tweeted that this is in the pipeline. After their huge successes to double the value of 10 companies over a 12 month period ons can see the share price going from the present 8 cents to 20 cents plus before year end!!!  

Hawk

#763 flexbender

flexbender

• PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 04:42 PM

Great update from TAS!

Very positive sens out. Price is reacting too...

The dominoes are stacked nicely for this one   :D

#764 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 14 November 2014 - 11:43 AM

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="yusufm1" data-cid="250065" data-time="1415861423">
Current assets are irrelevant as they are getting the consideration for all the assets. They lose the assets, get $150m, pay off the liabilities and then the rest is left for distribution to the shareholders

I see so:

$(150-32)million = R1.322 billion

/157 million shares = R8.42

So the market is pricing in risk of the deal not going through at about 60% (at the current share price of 420c). I don't mind holding out for a while though...

The CEO was interviewed yesterday: http://www.bdlive.co...entral-rand-ceo

Edited by yusufm1, 14 November 2014 - 11:44 AM.

#765 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 14 November 2014 - 11:30 AM

Hi Yusuf

Have you traded SCL? If made a couple of nice trades here but lost all the profits when I got greedy, thinking of going in again @ 40c or maybe look for pull back to 30c.... Whats your take?

I have in the past but not in it at the moment. I see there was a SENS announcement released yesterday about directors buying at 33c which may be the reason for the recent rise. It is a good trading share with large intraday ranges. The daily ranges do usually overlap so barring a really bad SENS announcement, as long as you get in towards the daily low, you should either be able to exit at a profit within the day or if moves further down, you should be able to get breakeven the following day.

Haven't looked at the fundamentals recently though so I may be missing much..... 

#766 Mr.Balls

Mr.Balls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 10:01 AM

It was a small trade with a large market spread which made it doable. Also I have been watching GGMs price action for the past 2 months so I knew that I could get a 20% return within half an hour.
I actually managed to sell 75% at 159c and I will be selling the remainder at a similar price but I don't mind holding it as it's all profit now.
Also I know that CVN planned to buy a large portion of shares at the equivalent of 200cps so it was even less risky in the medium term.
I may get calls wrong now and then (particularly long term calls) but I have been short-term trading penny shares since the age of 14 and I've learnt not to take too many risks by now :)

Hi Yusuf

Have you traded SCL? If made a couple of nice trades here but lost all the profits when I got greedy, thinking of going in again @ 40c or maybe look for pull back to 30c.... Whats your take?

#767 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 14 November 2014 - 09:19 AM

Now that seems like a punt thats got more risk than anything.
Also, not a very liquid share. Not enough buyers and sellers.

It was a small trade with a large market spread which made it doable. Also I have been watching GGMs price action for the past 2 months so I knew that I could get a 20% return within half an hour.
I actually managed to sell 75% at 159c and I will be selling the remainder at a similar price but I don't mind holding it as it's all profit now.
Also I know that CVN planned to buy a large portion of shares at the equivalent of 200cps so it was even less risky in the medium term.
I may get calls wrong now and then (particularly long term calls) but I have been short-term trading penny shares since the age of 14 and I've learnt not to take too many risks by now :)

#768 MrDividend

MrDividend

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 13 November 2014 - 09:42 AM

I've opened an account with www.easyequities.co.za - just a fun trading account with very small trades that i do not want cluttering up my LTP. Trading fees are way, way smaller than normal accounts - but there is a bit of a lag and it's not suited to day trading. Anyway have Santova, Onlogix and trustco in there. On a R500 trade fees are around R5 give or take.

#769 MrDividend

MrDividend

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 13 November 2014 - 09:42 AM

I've opened an account with www.easyequities.co.za - just a fun trading account with very small trades that i do not want cluttering up my LTP. Trading fees are way, way smaller than normal accounts - but there is a bit of a lag and it's not suited to day trading. Anyway have Santova, Onlogix and trustco in there. On a R500 trade fees are around R5 give or take.

#770 Mr_SA

Mr_SA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 09:39 AM

Bought a couple grand of GGM at 104c. 

Now that seems like a punt thats got more risk than anything.

Also, not a very liquid share. Not enough buyers and sellers.

#771 longterm413

longterm413

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 09:17 AM

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="yusufm1" data-cid="250065" data-time="1415861423">

CRD and this Hiria Group seem pretty keen on getting the deal done. I am no expert when it comes to corporate actions like this though.

$150 million = R1.68 billion

1.68 billion / (75 million shares+ 82 million options to Redstone) =just over R10.

What about the liabilities? Surely you need to incorporate these into your calculation?

hmmm, you are right. But if I take into account their liabilities, which current assets must I take into account as well...?

Current assets are irrelevant as they are getting the consideration for all the assets. They lose the assets, get $150m, pay off the liabilities and then the rest is left for distribution to the shareholders

#772 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 13 November 2014 - 09:03 AM

Bought a couple grand of GGM at 104c. 

#773 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 13 November 2014 - 08:50 AM

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="yusufm1" data-cid="250050" data-time="1415797896">
CRD and this Hiria Group seem pretty keen on getting the deal done. I am no expert when it comes to corporate actions like this though.
1.68 billion / (75 million shares+ 82 million options to Redstone) =just over R10.

What about the liabilities? Surely you need to incorporate these into your calculation?

hmmm, you are right. But if I take into account their liabilities, which current assets must I take into account as well...?

#774 longterm413

longterm413

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 05:25 PM

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="yusufm1" data-cid="250050" data-time="1415797896">

You think it can seriously get to 1000c????

#775 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 12 November 2014 - 03:11 PM

The market seems to be pricing in the risk factor of the deal falling through which I think is the reason for the low price. However, as we get nearer to the finalisation date (March 2015) the price should steadily rise.

Down quite a bit today

We are tracking the LSE, which is down. 

Can't seem to understand why though, perhaps some older shareholders taking profits after yesterday's rapid rise.

As I said, it's only a punt. Should the deal come off, we should see 100% upside and if it doesn't we could see a 75% drop.

Again, I believe that this Hiria Group is not the only bidder for this company so who knows....

"The MOU with Hiria is not exclusive and the Board will continue to engage with

other parties who have recently expressed an interest to better understand the assets of Central Rand
  Gold."

Edited by yusufm1, 12 November 2014 - 03:12 PM.

#776 longterm413

longterm413

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 01:11 PM

I'm In at an average price of just over 500c. Looking for 1000c in a few days hopefully.

I've been watching the LSE price as it's far more liquid there. Hit a high of over 40p on their exchange

There is also talk of other bidders for the company so we may see the offer price rise as well.

Down quite a bit today

#777 Mr_SA

Mr_SA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 12:23 PM

I'm In at an average price of just over 500c. Looking for 1000c in a few days hopefully.
I've been watching the LSE price as it's far more liquid there. Hit a high of over 40p on their exchange
There is also talk of other bidders for the company so we may see the offer price rise as well.

#778 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 11 November 2014 - 05:29 PM

Edited by yusufm1, 11 November 2014 - 05:34 PM.

#779 Mr.Balls

Mr.Balls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 03:53 PM

Did anyone else read CRD's latest SENS? likely sale of assets for the cash consideration of $150 million. Considering their market cap is under RR100 million, seems to be worth a punt!

Its a non-binding undertaking that may result in the sale, I wonder where the value of $150m comes from, CRD been trading with +- R 100m market cap for some time now, so maybe those old mines still have some gold left lol. Im taking a small punt at R4.50

(Bloomberg)  - >

Central Rand Gold Ltd., which owns aging bullion mines and prospecting areas around Johannesburg, rose the most on record after signing a sale agreement with Hiria Group Co., a unit of Marsa (Canada) Group Holdings.

Central Rand Gold signed a non-binding memorandum of understanding with Hiria that may result in the sale of all its assets for $150 million, the company said today in a statement. The stock more than tripled to R4.80 a share at 1:28 pm in Johannesburg trading.

The companies are aiming to have any sale complete by March 31, 2015 and will both undertake due diligence of the assets and of Hiria’s financial capabilities, they said. Hiria is wholly owned by Marsa, which provides financial leasing for vehicles and yachts in Canada and invests in iron- and nickel-mining operations in Indonesia, Philippines and Tanzania.

“The MOU with Hiria is not exclusive and the board will continue to engage with other parties who have recently expressed an interest to better understand the assets of Central Rand Gold,” the company said.

©2014 Bloomberg News

#780 Mr_SA

Mr_SA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 11:39 AM

Did anyone else read CRD's latest SENS? likely sale of assets for the cash consideration of $150 million. Considering their market cap is under RR100 million, seems to be worth a punt!

Share up 300% today. Crazy!

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting