Photo
- - - - -

Small Caps: Which is the Next Ten Bagger?

small caps

• Please log in to reply
1114 replies to this topic

#981 vlam

vlam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:00 PM

SANTOVA I like, I have a fair value of close to 300c, so still some decent upside here. Also been building a stake in Transaction Capital on a 24 month view.

Santova up 11% so far today...  Volume has been elevated the last 5 days...

Edited by vlam-hobbyist, 05 June 2014 - 02:03 PM.

#982 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:01 PM

KEH results out end of next week or so. Should be a trading statement out soon  :rolleyes:

#983 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:28 AM

SANTOVA I like, I have a fair value of close to 300c, so still some decent upside here. Also been building a stake in Transaction Capital on a 24 month view.

#984 HendrikB

HendrikB

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSouth East Asia

Posted 05 June 2014 - 03:14 AM

Im a happy Santova shareholder. The surge in price doesn't reflect its earnings and there's a lot of expectation already priced in. Currency weakness helps but if you wanna get in now perhaps not the time. Volatility too high at the mo.

#985 vlam

vlam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:52 PM

good set of results, earnings up nicely. Paying a dividend, maybe long term investors and funds looking into it. Had it at an average price of 30c about 2 years back when it went through its share consolidation. Probably shouldn't have sold out lol

And maybe it can be considered a small currency hedge?

I haven't looked at their recent FY financials, but I remember from their interims that I think about ~39% of their profits came from foreign operations - versus ~19% in the year before.

#986 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:36 AM

Thanks Yusuf. Do you think i should sell now and buy back later or hold?

Its run quite hard recently so I would expect a pull back soon, to the 200c level easily. Depends on your timeframe whether you think it will be worth you exiting and re-entering.  I will however be watching from the sidelines for an entry point :rolleyes:

#987 Rosh

Rosh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:20 AM

good set of results, earnings up nicely. Paying a dividend, maybe long term investors and funds looking into it. Had it at an average price of 30c about 2 years back when it went through its share consolidation. Probably shouldn't have sold out lol

Thanks Yusuf. Do you think i should sell now and buy back later or hold?

#988 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:14 AM

Does anyone know what is driving Santova (SNV) on the up over the past few days?

#989 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:11 AM

Compass Glass, a subsidiary of Mazor, was responsible for the installation of the glass. Mazor was the facade sub-contractor. I have no other view on the company or it prospects. I'm not sure if the issues regarding the glass have been published - I spoke to someone who was working on the construction site-again take it with a pinch of salt. No clue who would be/even if anyone will be liable. Just thought I would share for others to be aware that there could be an issue going forward.   

thanks, really appreciate your reply  ;)

#990 Rosh

Rosh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 10:35 AM

Does anyone know what is driving Santova (SNV) on the up over the past few days?

#991 stoffels

stoffels

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:31 AM

Hey stoffels,

I don't live in the fair country that they call Western Cape so I had no idea that the windows were of sub-par quality or that it may have been Mazor's fault. I did run a google search for it, but it didn't come up with any results to do with the glass. Is it possible for you to put me in the right direction with a link as to where you got your info from?  :)

Compass Glass, a subsidiary of Mazor, was responsible for the installation of the glass. Mazor was the facade sub-contractor. I have no other view on the company or it prospects. I'm not sure if the issues regarding the glass have been published - I spoke to someone who was working on the construction site-again take it with a pinch of salt. No clue who would be/even if anyone will be liable. Just thought I would share for others to be aware that there could be an issue going forward.   

#992 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:51 AM

Hi yusufm1,

They were the glazing sub-contractors for Portside in Cape Town. If you happened to drive past it in the last couple of months, you would of seen guys continuously cleaning the windows-and that they were consistently dirty. I'm not 100% sure but, I believe that the issue was that the glass was installed to early and was effectively sand blasted by the cement/sand from the building site I'm not sure who is liable but I would guess that there is the possibility for some repercussions from this.

Hey stoffels,

I don't live in the fair country that they call Western Cape so I had no idea that the windows were of sub-par quality or that it may have been Mazor's fault. I did run a google search for it, but it didn't come up with any results to do with the glass. Is it possible for you to put me in the right direction with a link as to where you got your info from?  :)

#993 stoffels

stoffels

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 06:17 PM

Hi yusufm1,

They were the glazing sub-contractors for Portside in Cape Town. If you happened to drive past it in the last couple of months, you would of seen guys continuously cleaning the windows-and that they were consistently dirty. I'm not 100% sure but, I believe that the issue was that the glass was installed to early and was effectively sand blasted by the cement/sand from the building site I'm not sure who is liable but I would guess that there is the possibility for some repercussions from this.

#994 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:38 PM

Hey guys  :) I'm back from my 6 month break from the markets lol. 

Mazor Group Ltd. (MZR)

Tuesday, 13 May 2014 Mazor final results 28 February 2014  CC

Revenue for the year shot up to R470.4 million (2013: R428.7 million). Gross profit jumped to R125.4 million (2013: R104.4 million), operating profit was higher at R39.8 million (2013: R37.3 million), while total comprehensive income for the year grew to R31.4 million (2013: R30 million). Furthermore, headline earnings per share climbed to 24.2cps (2013: 14.3cps). 

Dividend

In line with strategy the board has declared a final gross dividend for the year of 8.8cps (2013: 4.8cps) on 12 May 2014.

Current share price 215cps.

Growing earnings steadily.

Had a bit of a dip recently (partly because it went ex-div), which allowed me to enter yesterday and a little today.

Seems to be a well-run family business, looks good for a 1-3 year hold.

Anyone else have views on it?

#995 Sugafoot

Sugafoot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 12:08 PM

Pallinghurst

Could Wiese be increasing his holdings by trying to cash in on the expected price increase due to the current strike and stockpiles running low?

#996 HendrikB

HendrikB

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSouth East Asia

Posted 28 May 2014 - 09:55 AM

Hi Guys

Just like to say that the Torre share I bought recently - I sold it.  This by no means implicate a

lack of confidence in the company, but Im currently trying to re-balance my portfolio, making it

leaner and also trying to increase the cash % of my portfolio. 

If you want info on Torre follow Anthony Clarke.  He's a small cap analyst from Vunani and is a

great believer in this company. He has a TP of 3.50 for Torre for the end of the year.

I followed Anthony for years and he's a real sharp shooter.  He's punted some jewels - Afrimat, CIL, Curro... he's the real deal.

#997 Sugafoot

Sugafoot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:35 PM

Seardel

Anyone with any info on this company? Been watching Small Caps and it got me interested.
Trading at about 195c at the moment

#998 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 09:02 AM

No offense taken, squire.
Am a small time investor. Average buy in of 124c

From 210 - 198 big pull, when your'e sitting @ 124c you little tinker..... :rolleyes:

Anyone need a heads up...!

#999 Sugafoot

Sugafoot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:47 AM

Wescoal

Anyone know why such a big pull from Wescoal today?

Big pull...? Chill it's a very small junior miner....you have to expect this kind of behavior.
Just check the volume over a month & you'll see if you hold say 100k & NEED to exit in a hurry you could push the price down 10% easily.
What's your average buy in..? Don't take that as being rude just asking :)

No offense taken, squire.
Am a small time investor. Average buy in of 124c.

#1000 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 08:23 PM

Wescoal
Anyone know why such a big pull from Wescoal today?

Big pull...? Chill it's a very small junior miner....you have to expect this kind of behavior. 

Just check the volume over a month & you'll see if you hold say 100k & NEED to exit in a hurry you could push the price down 10% easily.

What's your average buy in..? Don't take that as being rude just asking   :)

Anyone need a heads up...!

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting