Photo
- - - - -

Small Caps: Which is the Next Ten Bagger?

small caps

• Please log in to reply
1114 replies to this topic

#1041 Saints

Saints

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationSandton

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:50 AM

Visual are listing on a PE of 4. Although the average PE of companies in this sector is low there is room for the share price to move to catch up to the average.

#1042 Safrican

Safrican

• PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationLyford Cay.

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:03 PM

Goliath a few listings in the listed property sector as well as healthcare sectors that i have noted. I use PSG-online who are one of a few brokers involved in listings at present hence i get the invite to participate in the IPO. Visual International is one i have looked at seriously, they list at the end of the week. I have received details of the advanced healthcare investor presentation on Thursday and still have to decide about submitting an application in this IPO. I understand they will list next month. 

So there you go a few listings i have picked up via PSG, remember the big one is still coming later this year - PSG Konsult and those with PSG shares will be hoping to pick up a few shares before the listing and otherwise get in as early as possible, 

Thanks Saints, good info. I will get some Visual shares too as it can only improve from 50c going forward ... far forward but still.

PSG K will be very interesting indeed.

Thank you for your time and I will thank you for mine. - Rodriguez

#1043 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:08 PM

Goliath a few listings in the listed property sector as well as healthcare sectors that i have noted. I use PSG-online who are one of a few brokers involved in listings at present hence i get the invite to participate in the IPO. Visual International is one i have looked at seriously, they list at the end of the week. I have received details of the advanced healthcare investor presentation on Thursday and still have to decide about submitting an application in this IPO. I understand they will list next month. 

So there you go a few listings i have picked up via PSG, remember the big one is still coming later this year - PSG Konsult and those with PSG shares will be hoping to pick up a few shares before the listing and otherwise get in as early as possible, 

Thanks Saints!

Never underestimate the potential for human stupidity when wealth and power are at stake!

#1044 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:17 PM

Very good trading update from ISB - don't know the company though.

Any thoughts?

“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.” - Lewis Carroll

#1045 Saints

Saints

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationSandton

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:31 AM

#1046 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 12:23 PM

I am noting a few new listings taking place over the next few months. If you manage to get some shares in the IPO and the share performs over the long term these could develop into 10-baggers. I speak from experience here with previous listings, the likes of Capitec and Curro. I am not sayiong that the latest new listings are candidate 10-baggers but sometimes you have to take the risk on a company with very little history to perform beyond the expectations set down in the pre-listing statement.

Edmario be careful of penny stocks. They are penny stocks for a reason and we all like to think that a move from 30c to 50c or to R1 is relatively easy but it is more likely the case that the downward trend prevails and these shares struggle to break out of being classified as a penny stock. At the end of the day earnings drives the share price and if the earnings cannot improve by 50% for example you will not get the 50% increase in the share price even if the price is only a few cents.

Noting a few new listings u say..? Any hints perhaps? (Source?) :)

Never underestimate the potential for human stupidity when wealth and power are at stake!

#1047 Bcallison

Bcallison

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:33 AM

Torre excellent stock as well as Pallinghurst both exceptional management , got into torre last year at 150 now trading at almost 290-R3 invested a 1% stake in it best decision i ever made, Great strategic business models

#1048 edmario

edmario

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:52 PM

Thank you saints; I am a very high risk taker; last year made alot of money with finbond bought at 25c and sold at 280;

#1049 Saints

Saints

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationSandton

Posted 19 March 2014 - 08:51 AM

I am noting a few new listings taking place over the next few months. If you manage to get some shares in the IPO and the share performs over the long term these could develop into 10-baggers. I speak from experience here with previous listings, the likes of Capitec and Curro. I am not sayiong that the latest new listings are candidate 10-baggers but sometimes you have to take the risk on a company with very little history to perform beyond the expectations set down in the pre-listing statement.

Edmario be careful of penny stocks. They are penny stocks for a reason and we all like to think that a move from 30c to 50c or to R1 is relatively easy but it is more likely the case that the downward trend prevails and these shares struggle to break out of being classified as a penny stock. At the end of the day earnings drives the share price and if the earnings cannot improve by 50% for example you will not get the 50% increase in the share price even if the price is only a few cents.

#1050 edmario

edmario

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:40 PM

My penny stocks is esor 36 jubilee 38 verimark 70 kelly 170 any advise guys?

Edited by edmario, 18 March 2014 - 07:44 PM.

#1051 Sugafoot

Sugafoot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:51 AM

I see that Torre posted some impressive results in its unaudited interims.

Although there is a placement to raise cash. And the placement is at 220c.

Do you guys think that this might bring the share price down and present another buying opportunity, ala Wescoal at the moment?

#1052 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:41 AM

the horse has already bolted then...Give us a fresh one then!!

Haha ok fair enough, will see what I can scratch out..

#1053 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:28 AM

Hmm, bit late now as stated but when it was at R2-R3 range given their growth ill definitely wager it a five bagger! :P

the horse has already bolted then...Give us a fresh one then!!

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#1054 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:17 AM

So you expect this to go to R50.00? :rolleyes:

What time frame?

Hmm, bit late now as stated but when it was at R2-R3 range given their growth ill definitely wager it a five bagger! :P

#1055 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:04 AM

My ten bagger bet (maybe bit late now) is Mix Telematics..

So you expect this to go to R50.00? :rolleyes:

What time frame?

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#1056 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:46 AM

My ten bagger bet (maybe bit late now) is Mix Telematics..

#1057 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:53 AM

@ Sugarfoot

This is the ongoing item that is dragging the share price down. They are in effect diluting the company by roughly 9% so the market is using the R2 issue price as a target thus creating equilibrium with the market, where the directors value the company and the seller is happy to accept.

End of this month is year end so expect an upbeat trading statement by end of April early May.

Minoscape Acquisition

4.3.2. The purchase price will be payable as follows:

4.3.2.1. R13 million of the purchase price will be paid by the issue of 6 500 000 Wescoal
ordinary shares at 200 cents per share, within 30 days of the effective date;

4.3.2.2. R3 million in cash payable within 3 days of delivery of the seller’s share certificates in
respect of the sale shares;

4.3.2.3 R1 million payable on 1 February 2014; and

4.3.2.4 R1 million payable on 1 March 2014.

4.3.3 Certain restrictions have been placed on the sale, transfer and further encumbrance of the
Wescoal shares.

4.3.4 The seller gave certain warranties that are customary in a transaction of this nature.

4.4 Categorisation of the initial acquisition

The initial acquisition category calculation is below the 5% threshold and therefore the above
information is provided for information purposes only.

5 ACQUISITION OF A FURTHER 70% SHAREHOLDING IN PROUDAFRIQUE

5.1 Agreement entered into

Wescoal Mining (“the purchaser”) entered into an agreement to purchase the remaining 70%
of the total issued share capital (“sale shares”) of and all its claims against (“the claims”)
Proudafrique from Minoscape (“the seller”) (“the Minoscape acquisition”).

5.2 Rationale for the Minoscape transaction

Proudafrique owns 40% of the shares in Wescoal Exploration. The rationale for the Minoscape
acquisition is set out in 3 above.

5.3 Terms and conditions of the Minoscape acquisition

5.3.1 Wescoal Mining purchased the sale shares and the claims of the seller and the
purchase price will be payable as follows:

5.3.1.1 R 20.0 million of the purchase price will be paid by the issue of 10 000
000 Wescoal ordinary shares at 200 cents per share, within 30 days of
the effective date;

5.3.1.2 R5.6 million in cash, within 3 days of the effective date;

5.3.1.3 in addition, Minoscape will be paid a royalty of R3.50 per ton of saleable
coal mined at Elandspruit Mining Area, which royalty will escalate
annually with the published producer price index.

5.3.2 Certain restrictions have been placed on the sale, transfer and further encumbrance
of the Wescoal ordinary shares.

5.3.3 The seller will provide effective date financial statements of Proudafrique.

5.3.4 The seller gave certain warranties that are customary in a transaction of this nature.

5.3.5 The agreement is subject to the suspensive condition that the Minoscape
acquisition be approved by shareholders of Wescoal by 31 March 2014, to the
extent required by the JSE Listings Requirements.

Issued shares 193,687,075 

Taken from Moneyweb.

Anyone need a heads up...!

#1058 Sugafoot

Sugafoot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:48 PM

Wescoal went under 200c today.
Is there something happening in the company or is this just the market trend?

Does this also present an opportunity to add to one's holding?

#1059 edmario

edmario

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:05 AM

My next 10 bagger is esor? What you guys think?

#1060 HendrikB

HendrikB

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSouth East Asia

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:01 PM

SCL has gone crazy the past few weeks

Has literally doubled in value in a very short time frame

It's probably just another pump and dump. 

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting