Photo
- - - - -

Small Caps: Which is the Next Ten Bagger?

small caps

• Please log in to reply
1114 replies to this topic

#121 Magnet

Magnet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 04:16 PM

Any idea whats causing the sell off ?

Not sure but it could be the "no news" drift... which is common in small stocks.  Very small volumes too.  I think this could easily shoot back to R5 given the growth prospects in North America.  If one of the institutional investors start buying again it should pop.

#122 Function

Function

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationTarantula Nabula

Posted 19 September 2016 - 03:59 PM

I Think a lot have forgotten the Finbond story.  Shares are at a year to year low and they keep coming up with the goods.  Trading update last week showed a 35 - 45% increase in EPS for first six months I think! The share has not budged yet I reckon it will start moving when the audited results are released.

Any idea whats causing the sell off ?

#123 Magnet

Magnet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 02:57 PM

I Think a lot have forgotten the Finbond story.  Shares are at a year to year low and they keep coming up with the goods.  Trading update last week showed a 35 - 45% increase in EPS for first six months I think! The share has not budged yet I reckon it will start moving when the audited results are released.

#124 myusuf

myusuf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 11:09 AM

the big seller / Shorter on SCP has just disappeared it appears....no sell bids to keep driving the price low

#125 MoneyMan

MoneyMan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 09:59 AM

Chrometco - CMO Sail to become the controlling shareholder in Chrometco Chrometco Limited, currently listed on the Alt-X section of the JSE and the Sail Group of Companies “Sail” entered into conditional agreements that will result in Sail acquiring just less than 90% of Chrometco. In return, Chrometco will receive: cash, a controlling stake in two fully financed chrome projects and a stake in Sail Minerals. Sail is an international commodity trading company with a special focus on chrome. It invented the Chrome market’s benchmark product, Run Of Mine “ROM”. Sail has exported a significant volume of chrome ore over the last few years. Its significant trading volume is enhanced by its innovative market developments, which unlock unique value for both its suppliers and customers. Sail recently concluded the acquisition of two chrome assets in the Eastern and Western Limb of the Bushveld Igneous Complex respectively. Sail provided and will continue to provide all funding required for the development of both chrome projects. Production is expected to commence imminently and the projects have the joint capability to produce up to 1 million tons of high grade chrome ore per year at a world leading competitive cost. The combined transaction is still conditional upon ministerial consent from the DMR (section 11 approval), JSE and other regulatory and shareholder approval. By joining the respective strengths of Sail and Chrometco as well as the potential of two exceptionally good chrome projects, the new entity will be well placed to become a significant player in the chrome market. Chrometco will continue to update the stakeholders via regular sens announcements. http://www.chrometco.co.za/

Been waiting for your update regarding CMO, what is your target price for CMO?

#126 Crow8866

Crow8866

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 18 September 2016 - 08:59 AM

Chrometco - CMO Sail to become the controlling shareholder in Chrometco Chrometco Limited, currently listed on the Alt-X section of the JSE and the Sail Group of Companies “Sail” entered into conditional agreements that will result in Sail acquiring just less than 90% of Chrometco. In return, Chrometco will receive: cash, a controlling stake in two fully financed chrome projects and a stake in Sail Minerals. Sail is an international commodity trading company with a special focus on chrome. It invented the Chrome market’s benchmark product, Run Of Mine “ROM”. Sail has exported a significant volume of chrome ore over the last few years. Its significant trading volume is enhanced by its innovative market developments, which unlock unique value for both its suppliers and customers. Sail recently concluded the acquisition of two chrome assets in the Eastern and Western Limb of the Bushveld Igneous Complex respectively. Sail provided and will continue to provide all funding required for the development of both chrome projects. Production is expected to commence imminently and the projects have the joint capability to produce up to 1 million tons of high grade chrome ore per year at a world leading competitive cost. The combined transaction is still conditional upon ministerial consent from the DMR (section 11 approval), JSE and other regulatory and shareholder approval. By joining the respective strengths of Sail and Chrometco as well as the potential of two exceptionally good chrome projects, the new entity will be well placed to become a significant player in the chrome market. Chrometco will continue to update the stakeholders via regular sens announcements. http://www.chrometco.co.za/

#127 Function

Function

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationTarantula Nabula

Posted 15 September 2016 - 10:49 AM

Hi all

Would anyone would be able to provide a long-term outlook of KIBO.

Current operations and revenue generated as compared to it's current share price.

Why is it's share price so low if it has so much potential, resource cycle ?

Future developments that can attract investors. 

This is for a long term view... 5 years, therefore I am not concerned with short-term fluctuation.

I am interested in the solidity of the company.

I have invested quite a good amount in PPE , for me it's a definite ten bagger.

#128 bizzb

bizzb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 02:03 PM

Yes.  The Mbeya project is worth 3x the current market cap according to investment made into it recently by Sanderson.

Looking forward to ABIL relisting in a couple of weeks too.  360ne will be trying to close their R100m short.  Squeeeeeeeeeeze!

The investment made by Sanderson was at a discount to the NPV of the project. The NPV used to arrive at a conversion price for their Investment was significantly below the project NPV per the annual report. This is because Kibo would have had incentivise Sanderson to convert their debt to equity and the discount offered would take into account the following risks:

• Project is not yet fully financed
  • Power Purchase Agreements not yet finalised
  • Coal sales not finalised
  • Integrated bankable feasibility study not yet completed
  • Risks associated with development of the project

The NPV of the project is significantly higher than that for which the conversion price for the Sanderson investment was based and is likely towards the higher end of the range in the integrated report, given all the favourable developments announced since then.

Some huge volumes (relative to the Kibo's history) being going through recently on the back of no news. Insiders - I'm not sure. Still huge potential upside if all the above goes smoothly.

#129 SLEEKONE

SLEEKONE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 07:00 PM

Wtf is going on with Kibo?

The ultimate profit hunter

#130 Magnet

Magnet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 11:10 AM

Is Kibo finally taking off or will this die out after the noise?

Yes.  The Mbeya project is worth 3x the current market cap according to investment made into it recently by Sanderson.

Looking forward to ABIL relisting in a couple of weeks too.  360ne will be trying to close their R100m short.  Squeeeeeeeeeeze!

#131 MoneyMan

MoneyMan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 10:24 AM

Is Kibo finally taking off or will this die out after the noise?

#132 100ways

100ways

• Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 04:39 PM

Picked up some more SCP at the 136cps level :)

#133 Trader1

Trader1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 12:15 PM

TOR is issuing Dividend and will be bought by Stellar

Quite a bit of trade happening yesterday in both stellar and TOR. Someone is reading my posts :D

#134 CrescoRSA

CrescoRSA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 10:07 AM

ALSO - Very interested in ACSENDIS HEALTH (ASC)
It is a great company, with a whole lot of good going on. P/E a lil high, but the growth is what I am focusing on. Results out really soon, if they even come close to last years results, which they should. Then this could be up there at R50 in the next 12 months. Really considering adding this to my Long Term Portfolio.
Any have their 2cents on this company??

Well - Glad I took my own advice and added - Share shot up 11% since my posting. And what a trading statement out this morning. Actually going to add more - Like I said, its high PE - But its a great growth story. And next year it could reach R50 when next results are out, with all their acquisitions in play. 

#135 Trader1

Trader1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 05:27 PM

TOR is issuing Dividend and will be bought by Stellar

#136 CrescoRSA

CrescoRSA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 04:06 PM

GRINDROD (GND) - Back up to R13??? Looking at adding to my hold 
Great buy at these levels for the LT

Looks like the panic is done for, and this one going back up to where it should belong. Can easily reach R16 by year end. As mentioned, def a good buy for the LT

#137 Magnet

Magnet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 10:56 AM

Any thoughts on Ellies? 25c?

#138 Magnet

Magnet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 08:52 AM

I am wondering if Sacoil will start moving up from the current Share Price from this point? (JSE Share price is very low. and moving average is around 30 cents) 

from a article written by Ian Lyall and posted on proactiveinvestors

The company’s broker, finnCap, recently restarted its coverage of SacOil with a 2.7p a valuation – roughly triple the current share price.

Analyst Dougie Youngson has been impressed with the strides made by Kgogo and his fellow directors in a relatively short space of time.

“SacOil’s new management team has delivered on its new strategy over the past two years: the company has successfully developed its first production project, which has the ability to generate substantial value as the project is expanded further,” he said.

“It has also built up an extensive exploration portfolio across three countries.  Furthermore, SacOil is active in the downstream and is examining multiple project-led opportunities to expand its presence and ability to create value.”

Share price might seem low but sacoil have a huge market cap of around R500m at 16c.  In terms of revenues this may be way too high.  I think the Mozam pipeline projects were the main factor keeping the shareprice up above R1bn market cap.  At the moment Sacoil is heavily reliant on oil price which is very risky at the moment. ill get in if it reaches 12c.

#139 Gerald

Gerald

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 07:24 AM

I am wondering if Sacoil will start moving up from the current Share Price from this point? (JSE Share price is very low. and moving average is around 30 cents) 

from a article written by Ian Lyall and posted on proactiveinvestors

The company’s broker, finnCap, recently restarted its coverage of SacOil with a 2.7p a valuation – roughly triple the current share price.

Analyst Dougie Youngson has been impressed with the strides made by Kgogo and his fellow directors in a relatively short space of time.

“SacOil’s new management team has delivered on its new strategy over the past two years: the company has successfully developed its first production project, which has the ability to generate substantial value as the project is expanded further,” he said.

“It has also built up an extensive exploration portfolio across three countries.  Furthermore, SacOil is active in the downstream and is examining multiple project-led opportunities to expand its presence and ability to create value.”

#140 CrescoRSA

CrescoRSA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 12:33 PM

GRINDROD (GND) - Back up to R13??? Looking at adding to my hold 
Great buy at these levels for the LT

ALSO - Very interested in ACSENDIS HEALTH (ASC)
It is a great company, with a whole lot of good going on. P/E a lil high, but the growth is what I am focusing on. Results out really soon, if they even come close to last years results, which they should. Then this could be up there at R50 in the next 12 months. Really considering adding this to my Long Term Portfolio.
Any have their 2cents on this company??

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting