warnerbroers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 06 June 2014 - 09:31 AM

hello...short signal given.. :)

hey HDB, not sure if you've already discussed this but do you use pivot points as exits for trades or rather the 0 line on the cci? thx.

#2882 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 06 June 2014 - 09:27 AM

hello...short signal given.. :)

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#2883 Dabre

Dabre

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 09:26 AM

Patiently waiting for that long at 44942

#2884 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 06 June 2014 - 09:17 AM

pullback long or fade the gap short?  either way!!

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#2885 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:32 AM

opening fair value IG = 45044

HDB

#2886 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts
  • Location37.2350° N, 115.8111° W

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:41 PM

no problem guys... noobs/lurkers don't feel embarrassed/shy to post questions/state your views on the forum even if it brings criticism. i understand that many are not vocational full time traders but encourage all to post their trades where possible(if not applicable to HDB system the ALSI thread)without a participatory effort no-one learns/understands anything.  remember....right of passage to anything worthwhile in this life is ultimately a "trial by fire" exercise

good night..see 2morrow :)

***Merlin drop me a PM if you have questions***

“melior diabolus quem scies”

#2887 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:58 PM

HDB..you notice how few members contribute to posting their "live trades"...invest**g.c*m forum far better in terms of community participation.  if it weren't for a few members(count on 1 hand) wouldn't even bother frequenting this place...most of them are just lurking and following posted trades by active members-been like this for many years now :mellow:

Delta, with all due respect, i dont think it is necessary to post all live trades here. This thread is just a learning/ teaching exercise to those who want t learn the system. Those who want to post their trades , feel free to do so so others can monitor if signals really work or at least get an idea as when the signals are given. To be honest, i mostly post my first trade of day and maybe sometimes my last... In between i can do maybe 3  to 4 trades but i find it time consuming to do so, so i just skip it. 

I would personally love to see the entry trades of newbies just to guide them to make sure they understand the system.

For all those in the class who registered by sending me a PM, i will send you the chapter from the book for you to read and understand this weekend!!  This will be your weekend homework....

HDB

#2888 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:47 PM

Mostly we are interested but have no idea what it is you are actually doing. 

Merlin if you do not understand whats spelt out here ( in fact i explained it  like i was explaining t to a 10 year old child ) i  suggest you keep away from the technical aspect of trading as you will only lose money trying to play the system. Try to do some reading first via google to understand the terminology being used here.

HDB

#2889 RusQ

RusQ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:09 PM

HDB..you notice how few members contribute to posting their "live trades"...invest**g.c*m forum far better in terms of community participation.  if it weren't for a few members(count on 1 hand) wouldn't even bother frequenting this place...most of them are just lurking and following posted trades by active members-been like this for many years now :mellow:

Ha! changed from IE to chrome and awl ofa sardine, the quote option works  :)

since i am no daytrader, my "live trades" are irrelevant. tend to post stuff others haven't yet. assfore following others, if so inclined, might as well follow Mahendra?

my last interim long is ARL - LDT for a coupla bucks is next week - may or may not wait till then...

best now

Life is for living...

#2890 M e r l i n

M e r l i n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationSANDTON

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:35 PM

Mostly we are interested but have no idea what it is you are actually doing. 

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. (Isaac Asimov)

#2891 Rolycpt

Rolycpt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:13 PM

Delta - I am sure there are a few..and for a long time I counted myself as one of them..But that is part of the learning curve. This forum is mainly made up of newbies that will be watching from the side or not doing as many trades as some other members. Also the information that you and HDB for example post is invaluable to me and others..it would be extremely sad if that were to stop! Also many members are not day traders and it might therefore look like they are just following trades..but in the meantime they do not have the luxury of trading all day and being able to post their trades as they go along.

HDB - I have said this before but here again..Thank you very much for posting your system and also for all the additional hints and upgrades. I mostly trade CFD's over the medium term and your system is a real help there! Thanks!!

#2892 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:39 PM

#2893 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:07 PM

limit stop 44940 hit ..some gains better than none :)

#2894 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 03:25 PM

S1 ?!?..maybe not :rolleyes: either way longs = win/win :D

#2895 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 03:14 PM

looks like a retest S1

#2896 MiniTrader

MiniTrader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationBetween mountains & the sea

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:54 PM

And out with the other one at 45 065.

Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it

#2897 MiniTrader

MiniTrader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationBetween mountains & the sea

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:53 PM

This volatility is driving me nuts.   Sold  1 at 45040.  Will see if we get to pivot at 45 076.   Addendum to my rules:  Listen to HDB when he says it is going to be a bumpy ride.

Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it

#2898 AJS

AJS

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:39 PM

SGL making a move for the 34MA and CCI 0, just needs a bit more strength towards the close.

"Trade what you see, not what you think"

#2899 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:58 PM

pound strengthening, ftse and dow futures running higher!!

very risky to trade now....short it looks but very risky!!

So if you wanna short , remember the consequences...high risk/high return!!

Edited by HDB, 05 June 2014 - 02:00 PM.

HDB

#2900 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:57 PM

Is it wise to short from here?

no..sit on hands...market is confused!!

HDB

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting