Curro (CUR)

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#21 100ways

100ways

• Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 11:45 AM

Hope there will be a slight jump especially after the decline over the last few weeks in the share price.

Wouldn't surprise me if we have another rights issue.

#22 Jannik

Jannik

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 11:33 AM

December 2015 Final estimated to be released tomorrow.

What do you guys expect the reaction will be? Slight jump or significant?

I'm hoping for major upside... 

#23 Zero Hedge

Zero Hedge

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationSome Island

Posted 12 February 2016 - 08:12 PM

Trading statement guidance fell short of market expectations...if you are priced for perfection you dare not miss

#24 Jannik

Jannik

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 12:44 PM

Does anyone here think Curro will turn back. I'm struggling to grasp why the market is dumping it?

#25 Saints

Saints

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationSandton

Posted 10 February 2016 - 11:54 AM

Annual Results out in 2 weeks which according to the trading statement should be quite good. Annual results are usually accompanied by an announcement of another rights offer. Unlike previous years I am not sure there is the appetite for the market to welcome such an action considering where many investors are sitting at the moment rather looking for bargains elsewhere where share prices have dropped to lower levels. Curro has certainly seen its price drop which may itself make the pricing of a rights offer difficult.

Lets wait and see

#26 100ways

100ways

• Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 12:18 PM

I would defiantly be topping up on any dips on this stock. They have acquired more business's and our kids need to be taught. They will make money and I see at least double or triple the share price in a few years.

#27 LouahZA

LouahZA

• Pip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationPort Elizabeth

Posted 15 January 2016 - 11:14 AM

Is it still worth getting into this at the current price?

#28 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 02:04 PM

WTF....!.Utter F#KIN" madness....Glad I have some...... :D :D :D

Anyone need a heads up...!

#29 Saints

Saints

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationSandton

Posted 13 August 2015 - 12:48 PM

The figures released today were pretty good but the issue with Curro is the high PE making this share expensive. The figures released today will go a long way in reducing this PE and most likely the market is holding the price steady so that the earnings will bring down the share to fair value. However it will take a few more good sets of results with good earnings growth to get the PE to less expensive levels.

The similar was seen with Capitec in the early days and if you look at the PE now it is in a more acceptable range.

#30 Mr_SA

Mr_SA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 11:39 AM

I really thought Curro would get a better response from the market with their SENS out today. Pretty good figures showing.

#31 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 08:40 AM

Checked out Advtech SENS & Curro are 10% shy of support for what they need to do the deal.

Some persuasive lunches on the cards, or go the Joffe Bidvest bully route......to be continued.....

Plus a director without 42% of shareholder support appointed the new chairman.

Edited by soutie, 29 July 2015 - 08:41 AM.

#32 Mr_SA

Mr_SA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 01:16 PM

Looks like Curro is going to have some nice results out

#33 100ways

100ways

• Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 04:13 PM

see the below link, changes in Head Teachers and employing more teachers of all race

http://www.moneyweb....ion-complaints/

Also raised over R700million in last rights issue, to look for aquisitions.

At current prices must still be a good buy. I am in for the long term

#34 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 02:38 PM

Does Advtech have higher learning centres eg training colleges. Are these the outfit behind Abbots college...?

If so it makes a compelling argument for vertical integration in keeping students in the loop till 21-22ish.

#35 Saints

Saints

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationSandton

Posted 26 June 2015 - 10:42 AM

Thinking aloud here. This could be an interesting tactic depoloyed by Curro to address the high PE that the share currently trades at. By bringing in new earnings without having to dilute the share price means that the PE could move to a level more attractive for buyers of the stock.  

#36 100ways

100ways

• Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 10:07 AM

This will be quite interesting to see what happens.

If they bought out, possible shareholders switch into Curro

#37 Saints

Saints

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationSandton

Posted 26 June 2015 - 08:14 AM

Curro issued a cautionary on the 12th of June that the company has entered into negotiations. Such a cautionary is only required if the impact of the negotiations will be greater than 10% of the market cap of the share. Curro have cash from a recent rights offer as well as the backing of PSG.

Yesterday Advtech issued a cautionary that they have received an unsolicited offer. Advtech also have no CEO at present.

Whatever  happens an interesting space to watch to say the least!

#38 100ways

100ways

• Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 11:44 AM

I agree with Soutie and I disagree with the way the newspaper reported this, but we only really hearing one side of the story. Its ridiculous that there is this practise still within the schools. But hope its not gone through the whole group. One thing we all need to remember is that we need quality education for our kids and that is not going to be through the government schools but via private schools. Curro may loose a few kids but will make that up by the long waiting lists they have. I have a holding and will accumulate on dips and rights issues and I believe this is a quality stock to be in and is run by great management.

#39 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 10:36 AM

Morning Sugafoot. 

The debacle at PNC & subsequent plunge can be attributed to them losing or potentially losing multi-million rand multi-year contracts.

Curro may lose or has lost few 00's of children maybe few 000's of children since this distasteful practice has been exposed.

In market terms it won't move the needle, people benefiting from this are newspaper salesmen.

I am not defending them nor wish to enter a debate on racial lines my post is in line with how I read the market & only that.

#40 Sugafoot

Sugafoot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 06:09 PM

Do they defy logic or are they themselves racist? Or manned by racists?
Case in point - a company's director is accused of bribery and shares lose something like 80% value in a week. Company is smeared to no end in this forum no less by those who will have none of it. Charges against director dropped.
Curro is found to be practicing segregationist policies and market yawns about it. Is it alright if it's white?

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting