• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#21 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 09:51 PM

Wonder what that PE will change to come YE next month.
EPS will drop yes but it's stabilization I'm after.
Price should jump. Then I'm out.

Based on their results presentation, earnings should be positive at 180c, with no dividend

Edited by SoleTrader, 24 May 2015 - 09:52 PM.

#22 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 09:50 PM

The price action on Friday resulted in a technical breakout. Let's see how the stock reacts this week

#23 flexbender

flexbender

• PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 12:00 PM

That PE of 7 looks very attractive..

Wonder what that PE will change to come YE next month.

EPS will drop yes but it's stabilization I'm after.

Price should jump. Then I'm out.

#24 Mr.Balls

Mr.Balls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 08:37 AM

That PE of 7 looks very attractive..

#25 Geko

Geko

• PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 08:16 AM

I am in the same boat...

Probably will be stuck at these levels until the next trading update. If positive then I expect it to recover quite a bit (as stigma wears off and focus on results returns) so I am holding out for that and then will make a decision...

#26 Bits

Bits

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 08:03 AM

I imagine 2 things going on - a) mkt unable to measure how much mud has stuck (Tshivase charges were dropped - he was not exonerated) and what impact that has had on business, & B) general trading environment has been tough for Pnc's evolving model.. We'll only find out with a trading update.

My bet is for a high single digit improvement in turnover, higher for their ex-SA trading, but margins still under pressure. Not shoot the lights out stuff.. Eishkom's done that already. 

#27 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:43 AM

What am I missing here? Stock not moving despite positive action by the company Can it be that this company is so tainted that no investor wants to touch it? Do i double up or dump at these levels fellow investors?

#28 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 05:36 PM

The results out today indicate a turnaround in the making. Tshivase 'retired' from the board. Some senior new board apointments. Sole Trader is long again. To the members of Pinnacle that I offended with my ratings and ravings, my sincere apologies. Go you beauty!

#29 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 25 February 2015 - 09:57 PM

@yusufm - why am I not surprised! The rumour going around is that the case was withdrawn by the hawks when tshivase's file 'disappeared'

Honestly, too dodgy for me to invest, especially at current levels. We see R5 then I might decide to research again

#30 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 09:00 PM

@yusufm - why am I not surprised! The rumour going around is that the case was withdrawn by the hawks when tshivase's file 'disappeared'

#31 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 09:00 PM

#32 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:51 PM

Heard through the grapevine that the government contracts have dried up. Insider said R6 is the near term possibility

Edited by yusufm, 25 February 2015 - 08:54 PM.

#33 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:35 PM

O goodness, the inspiring Pinnacle CFO joining the DCT board. Time to short this one, they are going to destroy this business the way they messed up Pinnacle!

The Mustek results today said it all - they have gained major marketshare and are growing at the expense of Pinnacle.

#34 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 03:05 PM

@Orca - if it is such a good company and fourie is such a great ceo why

1. have none of the directors (bar fourie) purchased any shares since the price collapsed? fourie also showed poor judgement in using shareholder funds trying to prop up his shares.

2. has the company walked away from restoring its "good" name after the case was dismissed? The charge of corruption is jail time (ask shabir shaik and Jackie selebi).  so surely the company or the accused would have come out guns blazing to sue the bastard that accused their innocent director of corruption. but what do they do? shake hands and walk away, thanking their lucky stars that the evidence was insufficient to convict their man??

the fouries sold their stake in the business years ago, maybe knowing that the kak was going to hit the fan at some point. interesting that the timing of fouries zero collar on 6 million share almost coincides to when the so-called meeting took place and the hawks started their investigation in the company,,,,

the companies market cap is larger than that of adapt-it.  no chance of that happening

Edited by SoleTrader, 13 February 2015 - 03:06 PM.

#35 orca

orca

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 13 February 2015 - 01:50 PM

I disagree with you. PNC is a good company as is the CEO Fourie. This company was a great performer for a number of years until the bribe fiasco. Now it is forever tainted and will only recover if taken over by another group. 

I have a strange feeling ADI has an eye on it for it's yearly acquisition.

I started here with nothing and still have most of it left.

#36 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 10:48 PM

And she keeps on falling, relentlessly. And that after a great trading update from Mustek. So my take holds - pinnacle is losing business to its competition. Which means that the company has most probabpy been blacklisted by state departments. And their inability to appoint a chaiman after the departure of the previous incumbent is indicative that no self respecting industry leader wants to be associated with them. This company needs new lewdership to take it forward - the current board must go, including fourie and his inspiring cfo. We can only hope that large shareholders initiate change.
And shareholders must get fourie and his henchmen out of datacentrix, he is going to destroy that business too.

Edited by SoleTrader, 12 February 2015 - 10:53 PM.

#37 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 09:54 AM

I wonder how poor results are going to be? They haven't issued a trading statement, so my guess most probably flat to down. If results were going to be positive, directors would have piled into the stock after tshivase's aquittal, and they haven't. My bigger concern is that tshivhase was potentially guilty, but that the evidence was insufficient to successfully prosecute him. And in that case pinnacle might find certain state departments difficult to deal with going forward. So is there any reason to hold the stock as an investment? I guess not. The market has derated all the entities that fourie is involved with. pinnacle, rolfes and also datacentrix. the one with the best potential is datacentrix if shareholders can get rid of fourie

#38 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 05 December 2014 - 11:33 AM

over 12 bucks ... me liking it.

“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.” - Lewis Carroll

#39 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:49 AM

I hear that they have a large stock writedown to do again this period. Not to sure whether it will be larger than last period's though...

#40 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 01:27 PM

The share starting to look interesting at current levels.  Time to start nibbling again.  Rumour has that they are appointing an IT industry heavyweight as the new Chairman.  Results due in Feb, I think that it will be flat on 2013 H1, with a vast improvement in 2015 H2 compared to 2014 H2. So lets say they do 180c for 2015, the stock is on a forward PE of 6x.  

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting