• Please log in to reply
332 replies to this topic

#101 Trader1

Trader1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 02:35 PM

This shud be your worry...dont want to be on wrong side if one of them decides to dump cos of impatience and cant stand this nonsense no more!!

I understand your view.

However, there are over 600 million shares. The share has been too illiquid to dump.  Besides this, the larger investor would have got in above R1 when the last bank role occurred. 

Large shareholders would probably use their voting power first to reset the board, then legal route before selling and realising such a significant loss. 

So I'd agree that it may not be a top strength but that depends on what decisions the institutional investors make.

#102 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 12:34 PM

and is happening right now looking at volumes.....but maybe it seems another institutional wants to come on board or increase its holding  as the dumps are getting bought albeit at low prices...

Trading is one of the only fields where genuine con artists/scammers will urge you to “be careful of con artists/scammers.”

#103 Polly

Polly

The Oracle

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 12:33 PM

This shud be your worry...dont want to be on wrong side if one of them decides to dump cos of impatience and cant stand this nonsense no more!!

Just some thoughts:

Institutional investors

Trading is one of the only fields where genuine con artists/scammers will urge you to “be careful of con artists/scammers.”

#104 Trader1

Trader1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 12:27 PM

Just some thoughts:

Strengths:
Strong Brand Name
High NAV and TNAV
Low PE

Institutional investors
Logistical infrastructure

Weaknesses

No management/ direction for future

Challenging economic climate

Low liquidity

Broken trust with shareholders and Management

This is a room for growth company but I consider it high risk taking into account how highly unstable management currently is which could make this company fall dead in the water.

First thing first. We need a good board with great vision and decisive action who work well together to get Eliies back on track - Adrian Block left too soon. Products and repositioning can come later.

The next set of results could be net positive in earnings but will probably still be a decrease in HEPS year on year.

#105 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 12:49 PM

Yeah true a strong base is forming at around 13 to 14 cents. I'm positive about this company, did my research and I think its oversold hard. Good price to get in for the medium term in my opinion.

#106 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 09:55 AM

Yes agree re andi..or a buy out from company that needs add ons ? Im not stressing re ellies it time will come

#107 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 09:45 AM

Bottom feeding going on..Not a bad thing as a base is formed...Once they take the finger off the self destruct button should start to trickle upwards & next set of results if again positive will continue...But if there's not enough people with a healthy appetite for risk gonna stay in retail investor territory...Good comment andi hooking up with the add on's for streaming\gaming side of home entertainment is a good call. 

Anyone need a heads up...!

#108 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 06:50 PM

If they could just sort out their management issue and focus their products on streaming services they have a good base to deliver good results in future. Even their last results where quite good given the current market conditions in SA. They can produce profits, that was proven by their last results. 

#109 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 05:41 PM

Nice thought but not too sure about that..I have few shares so should be pumping not honest ...

#110 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 05:30 PM

Yeah good volumes the last 2 days, i think if the share can break the 16 cents it will rush to 20 cents easily. 

#111 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 04:10 PM

Higher volume s today

#112 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 10:44 AM

Share price should go up soon, good price to get in in my view. 

#113 Trader1

Trader1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 12:34 PM

Daily volumes have started to pick up significantly on ELI compared to previous months from my observation.

Two things happening here:

- Worried shareholders getting out (hopefully they all get out so we can see a price lift)
- Price is too low to get money in even at these volumes it's still illiquid. R1m investment needs almost 7million shares to be traded. How am I suppose to buy in?

#114 Spell Jammer

Spell Jammer

• PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 02:32 PM

Daily volumes have started to pick up significantly on ELI compared to previous months from my observation.

#115 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 01 February 2019 - 01:24 PM

Yip..month end for me so if don't chase up few things no income for me either..haha

#116 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 01 February 2019 - 09:55 AM

Simple problem they not generating any free cash flow....

Gonna stay round these levels till that changes..

Anyone need a heads up...!

#117 Spell Jammer

Spell Jammer

• PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 07:39 PM

Thanks now nav even higher..predictions for tommo anyone ???

Allot of buying on the cheap over the last few days. Besides the company sabotaging itself with its internal Executive shenanigans, one has to question why the share price is so low?

Edited by Spell Jammer, 31 January 2019 - 07:40 PM.

#118 Midas1

Midas1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 06:02 PM

Thanks now nav even higher..predictions for tommo anyone ???

#119 Trader1

Trader1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 05:45 PM

http://www.sharenet....eq=42&scode=ELI

#120 Brab

Brab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 03:46 PM

Just thinking if the NAV is about 50c how much lower can it go?

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting