• Please log in to reply
501 replies to this topic

#501 Bits

Bits

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 08:04 PM

Thanks for sharing Pilotpilot - not trading them but may inform my 'buy & hold' strategy if your trends align with my emotions  :blink:

#502 Pilotpilot

Pilotpilot

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationWestern Cape

Posted 17 May 2015 - 07:18 PM

Hi fellow forummers

I've decided to start a new topic after the first week of posting the R200 000 portfolio on "Today's CFD Calls".

After the first week the portfolio has made a profit of R13 288 (6,64%), which is little below my expectations, as I was aiming for 8% in the first week. I was planning on being very concervative in the first week of my trades, and to close out any trades that turned negative soon after doing the trade. This caused me to close out 5 trades shortly after entering them, just to see 3 of the 5 shares actually starting the trend, after I closed them.

I also attached a spreadsheet showing what would have happened had I not closed those trades. To my surprize the portfolio would actually have made R25 693 (12,85%) in the first week which was more like what I expected, after doing a lot of research and tests on older data and a large range of shares. In future, I will keep the shares for longer and trust the triggers to show that the trend is changing. Some shares take 1-4 days to break into the new trend. 

The best performing shares this week was HAR and EXX, both moving south more than 8%. EXX looks to have more downside to come and HAR looks like it will run out of steam first.

The worst pick for the week was SPP, after it traded for 2 days below it's support level and had to be closed at loss. This was actually a 3 star trade, but is showing more divergance than I realized.

In the "Weekly Update" tab of the spreadsheet, I added a estimated portfolio value if the protfolio could grow at 6,64% every week. This would give a return after tax of around R3 500 000 or 1779% for the year. The figure will update every week and will take every week in consideration.

I will post tommorrow's shares later tonight or early tommorrow morning. Hoping Eskom will alow me to get something done.

Happy trading

Pilot

Attached Files

Invest in what you know - Warren Buffet

www.justnextlevel.net

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting