Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 06 April 2016 - 03:19 PM

What happened to Zoomz?

Has he been recalled???

Redeployed perhaps?  :)

The Captain is busy with new job or so it seems from his posts. Busy man...

#62 gannet

gannet

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 03:15 PM

What happened to Zoomz?

Has he been recalled???

Redeployed perhaps?  :)

#63 pdpshares

pdpshares

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 06 April 2016 - 11:45 AM

well done on 520 points but short 45821 with support 45800 was very brave. Line crosses on MACD are very dangerous. Glad it worked out. Im out all longs 45923. Market was not looking like it wanted to push higher. Added short stop order 45883 just below green candle to catch some of those longs out. closed shorts at pivot 45714. No trades at the moment. Short below pivot. All that work for a measly 223 points including yesterdays trade.  <_<

Would not normally look to scalp so close to support, but other influences just looked right for a quick "in and out" opportunity. I try to trade what I see. Happy this time it worked in my favour.

Always take responsibility for your own actions

#64 ABT

ABT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 11:35 AM

So i posted a chart a while back saying major resistance 46500. Played out perfectly for 1000 points if you brave enough to hold over night. 

Posted todays 10 min chart for little insight into my trades. Market literally works like clockwork at times. Trade right levels and you have to make money. Close as close to entry as possible if it goes against you.

Break of 45926 and we go to 46219. Worth a short for a few or a lot depending if market breaks channel.  

Again my bias is bullish as there is no reason to be short. Oil, Swiss, China, Metals, Aus. All looks swimmingly. Dow below 17600, china below 3000 and oil sliding I will change. 

Attached Files

#65 ABT

ABT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 10:36 AM

10 contracts. Out @ 45769 for quick 520 points

well done on 520 points but short 45821 with support 45800 was very brave. Line crosses on MACD are very dangerous. Glad it worked out. Im out all longs 45923. Market was not looking like it wanted to push higher. Added short stop order 45883 just below green candle to catch some of those longs out. closed shorts at pivot 45714. No trades at the moment. Short below pivot. All that work for a measly 223 points including yesterdays trade.  <_<

#66 pdpshares

pdpshares

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 06 April 2016 - 10:23 AM

SMI MACD crossed zero line. Gone short @ 45821 Keeping close watch.

10 contracts. Out @ 45769 for quick 520 points

#67 pdpshares

pdpshares

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 06 April 2016 - 10:15 AM

SMI MACD crossed zero line. Gone short @ 45821 Keeping close watch.

#68 pdpshares

pdpshares

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 06 April 2016 - 09:19 AM

eish that was brutal. covered long 45909. 

SMI dropped off the edge and now looks like recovering. Watch & wait for a while.

#69 ABT

ABT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 09:07 AM

added 1 long 45960. Look to cover 46220.

eish that was brutal. covered long 45909. 

#70 ABT

ABT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 09:01 AM

Resistance previous days HOD 46010. Nothing stopping it above that to 46220. Short below 45926. 

added 1 long 45960. Look to cover 46220.

#71 ABT

ABT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 08:59 AM

Resistance previous days HOD 46010. Nothing stopping it above that to 46220. Short below 45926. 

#72 ABT

ABT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 08:44 AM

Hope some of you took this trade yesterday. Covered for break below 45550. Still holding one contract long for target area. Will assess on the way up. :)

Attached Files

#73 MoneyMan

MoneyMan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 08:14 AM

Oh Captain my captain. We (I) have learnt a lot from you and for that we (I) salute you!

#74 pdpshares

pdpshares

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 05 April 2016 - 05:35 PM

Yeah this thread is really around 5 people posting trades and ideas and 5000 benefitting without sharing a thing. Probably best we all just learn from personal success and failure trades. It's hard to share knowledge with people when you have had to sweat it out for a long time and stressed your **** off when losing money. Knowledge then comes at your expense really.

ABT, point taken. Some of us (myself included) are probably not as confident as you guys and hence we tend to "look and learn". I agree that we can all learn from each other and I'll commit to being more proactive as well. Still need CptZZ's advice :)

#75 ABT

ABT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 05:10 PM

brilliant...now next time post ur entries...and say why u doing it...feels great...get on stage chommi....the chicks go mad.

Yeah this thread is really around 5 people posting trades and ideas and 5000 benefitting without sharing a thing. Probably best we all just learn from personal success and failure trades. It's hard to share knowledge with people when you have had to sweat it out for a long time and stressed your **** off when losing money. Knowledge then comes at your expense really.

#76 ZoomZ

ZoomZ

The Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,080 posts
  • LocationOn my Alibaba Mat

Posted 05 April 2016 - 05:04 PM

brilliant...now next time post ur entries...and say why u  doing it...feels great...get on stage  chommi....the chicks go mad.

#77 pdpshares

pdpshares

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 05 April 2016 - 04:59 PM

absolute pleasure PdP....

Yar I shall be around for sure....I am still around ....and I shall wait for the guys to post their b.a.l.l.s. on the line calls.......making a call and letting others prod and poke it...dont be shy...use the tools...go for it...do it...lemme tell you learning from being wrong wakes one up...then learning to be right makes one up.....dont be shy....make the call....say att pivot  break I am long...closing shorts....etc....waiting for retest....etc ..or the market "is at my channel support or resistance"...check the channels..post the pics...let others see it....if u gonna be a trader take this forum seriously.

Yar.....roger that.

CptZZ, from the knowledge that I gained, I was able to bank 348pts today through a number of trades - so thanks for your advice.

#78 pdpshares

pdpshares

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 05 April 2016 - 04:55 PM

To be honest i only trade as per this thread. I do invest in single shares where i look at the fundamentals of a company. But technicals are not my games. Thanks Zoom i made some moola lately by following your thread. I didnt ask for your thread so if you are not going to continue it will be fine. Then i will continue to by single stock.

You and CptZZ seemed to strike an accord and your posts too gave us all great advice and confirmation of our own trading opportunities. I can easily say that this thread will miss out should you decide not to post going forward.

#79 ZoomZ

ZoomZ

The Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,080 posts
  • LocationOn my Alibaba Mat

Posted 05 April 2016 - 04:52 PM

absolute pleasure PdP....

Yar I shall be around for sure....I am still around ....and I shall wait for the guys to post their b.a.l.l.s. on the line calls.......making a call and letting others prod and poke it...dont be shy...use the tools...go for it...do it...lemme tell you learning from being wrong wakes one up...then learning to be right makes one up.....dont be shy....make the call....say att pivot  break I am long...closing shorts....etc....waiting for retest....etc ..or the market "is at my channel support or resistance"...check the channels..post the pics...let others see it....if u gonna be a trader take this forum seriously.

Yar.....roger that.

#80 pdpshares

pdpshares

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 05 April 2016 - 04:45 PM

lemme say I am impressed by the honesty of MnM an other traders to say they are 'largely lost'...that takes guts....the problem is giving free entries for a year was about the best one should do....but it also speaks  volumes  that most traders are  not assimilating even the basics.....like channels and pivots..and fibos....so I am not sure how many traders learnt something here  on this thread versus those that simply took entries and made moola..(and I hope all made some moola...good for you)...but a man must learn to fish...and man must learn all 'bout fish..before he eats  them.

Hi CptZZ, I respect and understand your position and, as I said, I have gained hugely from your unselfish dedication to your continual advice. Like MAD MAX, I respect your personal business commitments and can only hope that we will continue to see your skills and knowledge coming through to this thread an as frequent basis as you see necessary.

I also hope to continue to learn and become more skilled at trading from the knowledge base that exists in the members of this thread. Thanks for your effortsCptZZ. 

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting