866 replies to this topic

#441 Zanme

Zanme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 08:41 PM

If they lose the arbitration they are in for about R163mill, not good for them since they are not yet out of the woods. I am keen to seen how they cover this in their financials......tick tock for them end of November is here...they cannot hide anymore....they are really creating an admin mess for themselves....they need to issue results, prepare annual report, arrange agm

I wrote to management at the time of them pursuing this matter. But they are driven by the egos at our expense.

#442 SB45

SB45

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationGauteng

Posted 18 November 2020 - 06:14 PM

If they lose the arbitration they are in for about R163mill, not good for them since they are not yet out of the woods. I am keen to seen how they cover this in their financials......tick tock for them end of November is here...they cannot hide anymore....they are really creating an admin mess for themselves....they need to issue results, prepare annual report, arrange agm

#443 Zanme

Zanme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 05:50 PM

Found this on Ince site : The bonds included a 'performance guarantee' of about R245 million and a 'retention money guarantee' of about R82 million.

So what does this mean?

#444 Tonyh199

Tonyh199

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 01:19 PM

Mtetu Bridge Appeal dismissed.....arbitration to decide. Anyone remember what the Performance Bond was ?

Found this on Ince site : The bonds included a 'performance guarantee' of about R245 million and a 'retention money guarantee' of about R82 million.

#445 SB45

SB45

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationGauteng

Posted 17 November 2020 - 05:39 PM

Mtetu Bridge Appeal dismissed.....arbitration to decide. Anyone remember what the Performance Bond was ?

Attached Files

#446 Tonyh199

Tonyh199

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 03 November 2020 - 01:56 PM

Thanks Tony.

Their actions are also confusing me. The order book is really exciting so lets see how this plays out. I did a quick calc and worked out NAV at around 11c (Needs to be checked) so hoping we can get back there if postive financial results emerge in the medium term.

Out of interest how do you know the number of orders in play at the moment? I don't see that info accross any of my investment platforms.

Thanks Tony.

Their actions are also confusing me. The order book is really exciting so lets see how this plays out. I did a quick calc and worked out NAV at around 11c (Needs to be checked) so hoping we can get back there if postive financial results emerge in the medium term.

Out of interest how do you know the number of orders in play at the moment? I don't see that info accross any of my investment platforms.

Buyers 118 million @ 2c

and 149 Million @1 c

Sellers 1.1 Bn at 3c

and  416 million @ 4c 

There are a 1 or 2 shareholders that have trying to dump a lot of shares at 3 and 4 cents (8% of issued shares) for a few months now.

#447 Sleepwa123

Sleepwa123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 03 November 2020 - 11:31 AM

Thanks Tony.

#448 Tonyh199

Tonyh199

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 03 November 2020 - 11:16 AM

Nope. Only thing we know is that they have to do it by the end of this month.

I've been trying to get in at 2c for the last week and no luck as yet. Going to try for 3 now. Unfortunate.

They would not commit to a date for release of results when I called , just said that they were were still within the dates allowed in terms of the JSE Extension for COVID. They did confirm the Board Meeting is still on for 27 November. The results and notice of meeting should be circulated at least 2 weeks prior to that date.

It is concerning that they are not communicating with shareholders and using COVID excuse to delay publication until last minute. The interim results were showing a nice turnaround and McConnell Dowell has landed over a AUD1bn in new work since then.

There are 84  bids to buy 135 million shares at 2 cents. You will need to be very patient to buy at that price as there are seldom more than a million shares sold a day at that price ..so you would need to wait 6 months if you placed an order today.Hopefully by that time we have a reasonable set of results published and the share price is starting to move.

#449 Sleepwa123

Sleepwa123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 03 November 2020 - 09:55 AM

Nope. Only thing we know is that they have to do it by the end of this month.

I've been trying to get in at 2c for the last week and no luck as yet. Going to try for 3 now. Unfortunate.

Edited by Sleepwa123, 03 November 2020 - 09:57 AM.

#450 AMG76

AMG76

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 02 November 2020 - 12:38 PM

Anyone with any info or dates when Aveng will be releasing FY results?

#451 MINK

MINK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 October 2020 - 10:11 AM

These results won't mean anything - until the company buys back all the excess shares. That's the news needed for this share price.

I completely agree... Hopefully they will swing straight into the positive and use some of the profits to buy back the shares. Hopefully we have not daydreaming about this happening.

#452 skeez

skeez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 29 October 2020 - 11:51 PM

These results won't mean anything - until the company buys back all the excess shares. That's the news needed for this share price.

#453 Tonyh199

Tonyh199

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 28 October 2020 - 02:15 PM

Nothing on their website … https://aveng.co.za/...older-diary.php

Have been trying to call the company secretary - but impossible to get through! 

#454 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 28 October 2020 - 11:32 AM

Not sure whether this is reliable but Business Live has the date for the AEG results to be published as 30 October  https://www.business...a/markets-data/

Nothing on their website … https://aveng.co.za/...older-diary.php

“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.” - Lewis Carroll

#455 Tonyh199

Tonyh199

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 28 October 2020 - 10:44 AM

Not sure whether this is reliable but Business Live has the date for the AEG results to be published as 30 October  https://www.business...a/markets-data/

#456 Blackobar

Blackobar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 06:30 PM

Yes it will come out....I actually thought of calling them today.....atleast a SENS telling a set date is better than silence. Worst could happen is a suspension due to delayed results by end of November....now that would be a disaster for 3c share price

SB45 when you're on the phone with their representative, how's the voice, do you pick up any signs of being upbeat or no. You know through ones voice you can pick up a thing or two that's not being verbally communicated.

#457 Blackobar

Blackobar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 06:26 PM

And no further news on the balance of asset sales for the finilasation of the disposals....ofcourse they will blame it on covid.....No bonuses for these chaps this year :wacko:

Oh yeah that covid excuse is their cape now. A suspension would send it to a cent when it returns to trading.
These guys shouldn't have the word "bonus" in their vocabulary until they completely turn the business around and share price reacts positively. Their silence is too loud for an ailing business that's trying to regain trust you'd expect them to be upfront and transparent.. but nah, not these guys. NO BONUS, I'M VOTING IT DOWN AT THE AGM.

#458 SB45

SB45

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationGauteng

Posted 27 October 2020 - 03:05 PM

And no further news on the balance of asset sales for the finilasation of the disposals....ofcourse they will blame it on covid.....No bonuses for these chaps this year :wacko:

#459 SB45

SB45

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationGauteng

Posted 27 October 2020 - 03:01 PM

Yes it will come out....I actually thought of calling them today.....atleast a SENS telling a set date is better than silence. Worst could happen is a suspension due to delayed results by end of November....now that would be a disaster for 3c share price

#460 Blackobar

Blackobar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 02:26 PM

These s***t heads can't hold the clock back the November will come....all will come out. I gave them a call last month and they said mid October results will be out and there was supposed to be sens detailing when the results will be out.

They can lie all they want SB45 but that November date is creeping and they can't run away from it...

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting