• Please log in to reply
866 replies to this topic

#501 skeez

skeez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 20 August 2020 - 07:37 AM

The cat is out of the bag, results pushed out by at least 2 months. Many companies will over play the COVID card and Aveng is one of them. COVID will be used to release all the skeletons previously in the closet.

So the people in the inner circle already knew and I am certain they also know that the results are crap hence 4c to 2c

https://www.moneyweb...ed-7-july-2020/

Strange statement for a company that was hardly affected by COVID. 70-80 % of its revenue is in Australasia and they never stopped working during this period. They even released a SENS to that effect. Disappointing to say the least.

#502 SB45

SB45

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationGauteng

Posted 19 August 2020 - 05:37 PM

Also find it quite strange on the decline of price...plus quite significant volumes being traded..

The cat is out of the bag, results pushed out by at least 2 months. Many companies will over play the COVID card and Aveng is one of them. COVID will be used to release all the skeletons previously in the closet.

So the people in the inner circle already knew and I am certain they also know that the results are crap hence 4c to 2c

https://www.moneyweb...ed-7-july-2020/

#503 Milo

Milo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 04:43 PM

Hi Milo. I think it’s the other way round. If the bid volume is higher than the offer volume then there is more volume being sold compared to less being bought. So supply outweighs demand and the price will drop.

Thanks for the explanation

#504 Milo

Milo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 04:33 PM

On the the SA Shares website you can see the best bid and best offer volumes. If the best bid volume is high then the share price might go up and if the best offer volume is high the share price might go down. Anyway that is how I think it wo

Correction if the best bid volume is high then it means people trying to sell and share price might go down. And if the best offer volume is high then people trying to buy and share price might go up. 

#505 David-89

David-89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 04:26 PM

On the the SA Shares website you can see the best bid and best offer volumes. If the best bid volume is high then the share price might go up and if the best offer volume is high the share price might go down. Anyway that is how I think it works.

Hi Milo. I think it’s the other way round. If the bid volume is higher than the offer volume then there is more volume being sold compared to less being bought. So supply outweighs demand and the price will drop.

#506 Milo

Milo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 04:20 PM

Also find it quite strange on the decline of price...plus quite significant volumes being traded..

On the the SA Shares website you can see the best bid and best offer volumes. If the best bid volume is high then the share price might go up and if the best offer volume is high the share price might go down. Anyway that is how I think it works.

#507 AnbanM

AnbanM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 02:04 PM

Share back to 2c from 4c. Thought share will be bullish with all the stimulus talk and financials next week Tuesday.

#508 Milo

Milo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 01:01 PM

Share back to 2c from 4c. Thought share will be bullish with all the stimulus talk and financials next week Tuesday.

#509 Milo

Milo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 28 July 2020 - 05:05 PM

Where are you guys picking up this info?

Aveng website

#510 SB45

SB45

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationGauteng

Posted 25 July 2020 - 12:58 AM

Skeez, AEG in the recent past, have been issuing their Trading Statements after market close, close to their final or half year result....so we take from past behaviour. FY end results have always been in the last week of August, now has been confirmed for 25th...check with your broker.

Share buy back approval from shareholders was obtained at the last AGM(valid for 15mnths)...check their minutes of that meeting and the results of the AGM. If they bought back at 1c to 5c, snipe like the the traders we would be sitting at about 15bln shares, then consolidate to  at 50 to 1( match box calc), then we are at about 300mln, enough float and more or less in line with their peers, even less taking into account of the business size (current revenue vs past). Post disposals, which makes the share vulnerable to "Robinhooders"

The above part frustrates me the most, that this has not been executed ( trapped shareholder)...which tells me the cash is tight( not great). What gives me hope is that Australisia is being focused on and the order entry shows it by growth. Exit in South African  Construction is fantastic, they must not mess up as we have seen in the recent past with Woolworths, Mr Price, WBHO....... so far not bad new from the project perspective

AEG is run by old men (in their 60s), who I think believe the hard work will speak for itself, communication to the market & shareholders is key in this day and age (blow your own trumpet). I personally have not seen any of the executives and board buy shares recently if they believe of undervalue and tide turning.

They still believe they are the one of the biggest(based on their dismissive nature when a small guy calls them..I have to question why they have not pulled the trigger on buy backs)). I am glad Grinaker is gone and not happy Aveng Steel (Trident) is still there, another money pit ( yes profitable last time but generally not a great business to be in). 

Long term prospects....AEG after balance sheet stabilisation are trying the same model in Australasia ( Diversification in construction and Engineering) which failed in SA....what could be next for income diversification is not clear to me, " hope to benefit from stimulus packages" not good enough for me.

Also questioning their listing on the JSE if they are at 72/28 Australasia( worth it for Moolmans).....guy on the street could be....at these prices 

With C-19 in play...who knows what the financial impact would be. My take...loses are only realised when you sell......hence I am holding until I break even or profit

Declaration: I hold AEG shares and bleeding

Skeez please research before making a call as I might be biased on my opinion 

#511 SB45

SB45

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationGauteng

Posted 25 July 2020 - 12:52 AM

Skeez, AEG in the recent past, have been issuing their Trading Statements after market close, close to their final or half year result....so we take from past behaviour. FY end results have always been in the last week of August, now has been confirmed for 25th...check with your broker.

Share buy back approval from shareholders was obtained at the last AGM(valid for 15mnths)...check their minutes of that meeting and the results of the AGM. If they bought back at 1c to 5c, snipe like the the traders we would be sitting at about 15bln shares, then consolidate to  at 50 to 1( match box calc), then we are at about 300mln, enough float and more or less in line with their peers, even less taking into account of the business size (current revenue vs past). Post disposals, which makes the share vulnerable to "Robinhooders"

The above part frustrates me the most, that this has not been executed ( trapped shareholder)...which tells me the cash is tight( not great). What gives me hope is that Australisia is being focused on and the order entry shows it by growth. Exit in South African  Construction is fantastic, they must not mess up as we have seen in the recent past with Woolworths, Mr Price, WBHO....... so far not bad new from the project perspective

AEG is run by old men (in their 60s), who I think believe the hard work will speak for itself, communication to the market & shareholders is key in this day and age (blow your own trumpet). I personally have not seen any of the executives and board buy shares recently if they believe of undervalue and tide turning.

They still believe they are the one of the biggest(based on their dismissive nature when a small guy calls them..I have to question why they have not pulled the trigger on buy backs)). I am glad Grinaker is gone and not happy Aveng Steel (Trident) is still there, another money pit ( yes profitable last time but generally not a great business to be in). 

Long term prospects....AEG after balance sheet stabilisation are trying the same model in Australasia ( Diversification in construction and Engineering) which failed in SA....what could be next for income diversification is not clear to me, " hope to benefit from stimulus packages" not good enough for me.

Also questioning their listing on the JSE if they are at 72/28 Australasia( worth it for Moolmans).....guy on the street could be....at these prices 

With C-19 in play...who knows what the financial impact would be. My take...loses are only realised when you sell......hence I am holding until I break even or profit

Declaration: I hold AEG shares and bleeding

#512 skeez

skeez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 24 July 2020 - 08:05 PM

:( And only on the 24th 17h00 will they issue a trading statement. They are really taking their time with a share consolidation or buy back

#513 SB45

SB45

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationGauteng

Posted 24 July 2020 - 03:36 PM

Full year results scheduled for 25 August 2020. Every cent this share goes up is a huge gain.

:( And only on the 24th 17h00 will they issue a trading statement. They are really taking their time with a share consolidation or buy back

#514 Milo

Milo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 24 July 2020 - 01:33 PM

Full year results scheduled for 25 August 2020. Every cent this share goes up is a huge gain.

#515 SB45

SB45

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationGauteng

Posted 14 July 2020 - 05:17 PM

We retail guys have no chance against high frequency traders. Penny Stock at the moment but serious cash has been made here and now between 3 and 4c. AEG seriously needs to do a share buy back or a share consolidation or both for any meaningful traction on the share price. Heard some clever money has been nibbling away at this, and they always get access to infor before commoners

#516 Milo

Milo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 14 July 2020 - 10:58 AM

Hi SB45,

Do know if individual investors have been able to get in purchases at 3c ? i havent heard off any individual placing a successful trade at the price..

When the share was moving between 1 and 2c.  I also tried to buy at 1c but in the end I could only get it for 2c. Maybe the same is happening between 3 and 4c.

#517 SB45

SB45

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationGauteng

Posted 14 July 2020 - 10:30 AM

Hi SB45,

Do know if individual investors have been able to get in purchases at 3c ? i havent heard off any individual placing a successful trade at the price..

AnbanM, yes its possible, please try through the trading desk if no success online.

#518 AnbanM

AnbanM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 July 2020 - 09:09 AM

Hi there. I have been able to pick up shares at 2c and 3c. Unable to get some when it was 1c . Total about 10mil at average cost of 2.6c with costs. Hoping to sell half of that out at 10c + and to then keep the rest till I can retire..... This is a long shot based on hope of infrastructure spent by countries they operate in coming their way. Will see. This is my opinion and by no way advice to buy.

Thanks for the info JR7800...

#519 JR7800

JR7800

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 14 July 2020 - 06:11 AM

Hi SB45,

Hi there. I have been able to pick up shares at 2c and 3c. Unable to get some when it was 1c . Total about 10mil at average cost of 2.6c with costs. Hoping to sell half of that out at 10c + and to then keep the rest till I can retire..... This is a long shot based on hope of infrastructure spent by countries they operate in coming their way. Will see. This is my opinion and by no way advice to buy.

#520 AnbanM

AnbanM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 10:19 PM

https://www.mcconnel...ine-replacement

Things are looking up for Aveng

Hi SB45,

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting