Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationGauteng

Posted 10 July 2020 - 08:08 PM

https://www.mcconnel...ine-replacement

Things are looking up for Aveng

Decided to do some digging today after these McConnell announcement , it seems action has been taking place in Australia and less in South Africa for Aveng

Most of the old guard at Moolmans removed

https://www.trenchle...major-projects/

Sale of  McConnell Dowell Warehouse for about R87mln 

Just a question if anyone has an answer, what happened to execution of Special resolution 1: General authority to repurchase shares? 99% vote in favour was received last AGM and valid for 15months  and would have cost them much less to reduce (3Bln) the number of shares.

FY results coming up in August if Management can pull this off, it would be one of the great turnaround stories if holding from  2-3 cents

#522 SB45

SB45

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationGauteng

Posted 10 July 2020 - 02:35 PM

https://www.mcconnel...ine-replacement

Things are looking up for Aveng

#523 SB45

SB45

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationGauteng

Posted 24 June 2020 - 07:17 PM

Touching 4c ...any forecast on whats driving this 

Maybe some estimates have leaked leading to the FY end next week, big volumes in the past couple of days, something definitely cooking.

#524 vishalsur

vishalsur

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 24 June 2020 - 04:50 PM

Touching 4c ...any forecast on whats driving this 

#525 vishalsur

vishalsur

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 18 June 2020 - 12:06 PM

Price now up to 3c today

Something is brewing here...always the insiders that cash in:( 

#526 SB45

SB45

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationGauteng

Posted 17 June 2020 - 05:27 PM

McConnell and Dowell doing great, Moolmans it remains to be seen what their state is, only problem is the remaining unsold loss making and cashflow draining units, if they were sold, Aveng would be in a better position. Im afraid the recovery is still a long way off

#527 vishalsur

vishalsur

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 17 June 2020 - 11:28 AM

Looks like the volumes at 2c are disappearing slowly

If one looks at the last 2 weeks, volumes have been decent

Most of the news covering Aveng recently has been relatively good:)

#528 Milo

Milo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 16 June 2020 - 12:25 PM

2 cents must be a good entry point for this share taking into account all the stimulus packages that is coming to revive the infrastructure and economies after lockdowns and continuing urbanization.

#529 Blackobar

Blackobar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 01 March 2020 - 01:58 PM

https://presentation...d=Aveng25022020

The link to the webcast

Andi, these are good results considering where this business was a year or two ago. If you strip out non-core, the core businesses are healthy with +cashflows and profitable with decent gross margins at 9-10%, 72% International and 28% SA is also a great one in my books.

I fully agree with the debt levels being manageable especially with the +cashflows

6 months to go on the 36 months turnaround strategy...So far I am happy with the progress and will continue to hold.

Cyril can keep his R700billion construction pipe dream.

The less SA exposure the better for Aveng, Cyril's blowing hot air. All talk no action. Then the problem of construction mafias, which the government is NOT willing to solve, they make that problem be the construction company's problem, when they know very well they should be arresting the people disrupting ongoing projects , threatening workers with violence.

#530 Blackobar

Blackobar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 01 March 2020 - 01:35 PM

One advantage of having your share price at 1c is that if the markets fall like it is doing, it has no effect o your share price.

hahaha I hear you JR7800, Aveng unbothered by the markets drama.

#531 JR7800

JR7800

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 09:39 AM

One advantage of having your share price at 1c is that if the markets fall like it is doing, it has no effect o your share price.

#532 SB45

SB45

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationGauteng

Posted 25 February 2020 - 06:10 PM

Half year results look promising. Definatly one to look out for in future. 

I think once all held for sale operations are sold management will look at either a share buy back programme or a reverse stock split. 

NAV still positive at around 13 cents. Operating units where turned around and debt levels are relativly low. All very good signals.

https://presentation...d=Aveng25022020

The link to the webcast

Andi, these are good results considering where this business was a year or two ago. If you strip out non-core, the core businesses are healthy with +cashflows and profitable with decent gross margins at 9-10%, 72% International and 28% SA is also a great one in my books.

I fully agree with the debt levels being manageable especially with the +cashflows

6 months to go on the 36 months turnaround strategy...So far I am happy with the progress and will continue to hold.

Cyril can keep his R700billion construction pipe dream.

#533 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 25 February 2020 - 02:31 PM

Half year results look promising. Definatly one to look out for in future. 

I think once all held for sale operations are sold management will look at either a share buy back programme or a reverse stock split. 

NAV still positive at around 13 cents. Operating units where turned around and debt levels are relativly low. All very good signals.

#534 SB45

SB45

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationGauteng

Posted 21 February 2020 - 10:47 PM

That trading statement is something positive , management working . Expecting share buybacks sooner than later.

https://www.business...ll-boost-aveng/

let’s see what else they tell us on Tuesday. It would be great if they announce they will start with share buy backs.

#535 Blackobar

Blackobar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 21 February 2020 - 07:00 PM

SB45, maybe something positive leaked. For me the important part is that the remaining operating units returned to profitability and debts levels of Aveng are low after the conversion. Those aspects are vital for a turnaround. Let's see what interim results will show.

That trading statement is something positive , management working . Expecting share buybacks sooner than later.

#536 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 01:51 PM

Andi, interim results due on 25th of this month, lets see if postive or not. Do you think someone in the know started to share ?

SB45, maybe something positive leaked. For me the important part is that the remaining operating units returned to profitability and debts levels of Aveng are low after the conversion. Those aspects are vital for a turnaround. Let's see what interim results will show. 

#537 SB45

SB45

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationGauteng

Posted 11 February 2020 - 01:34 PM

Andi, interim results due on 25th of this month, lets see if postive or not. Do you think someone in the know started to share ?

#538 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 01:04 PM

I appreciate this Andi222. Solid players are still holding on. I'm with them "HODLING" like crypto fans. Let's finish the disposal of non core assets and let's focus on what's left and grind.

Interesting to see that we hit 3 cents today for a change. Wonder if the sell off at 2 cents is over. Time will tell, however i see progress here.

#539 Blackobar

Blackobar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 05:25 PM

STATED CAPITAL continued Shares Holding
The top 10 shareholders of the Group as at 30 June 2019 are entities (or clients of these entities in aggregate) listed below:
Highbridge Capital Management LLC (US)** 3 835 659 712 19,8%
Coronation Asset Management Proprietary Limited (ZA) 3 110 400 203 16,0%
Allan Gray Proprietary Limited (ZA) 2 252 525 495 11,6%
ATM Holding GmbH (DE)** 1 359 584 403 7,0%
Deutsche Securities Proprietary Limited (ZA)** 895 240 321 4,6%
J.P. Morgan Securities Plc (UK)** 800 005 461 4,1%
Investec Securities Proprietary Limited (ZA)** 651 668 556 3,4%
Investec Asset Management 638 789 039 3,3%
Personal Trust International (ZA)** 629 530 200 3,3%
BNP Paribas Arbitrage S.N.C. (FR)** 502 681 498 2,6%

These are the numbers from the AFS 2019 from Aveng page 78.

According to the company shareholding as at Dec Aton has not sold any shares further.

I appreciate this Andi222. Solid players are still holding on. I'm with them "HODLING" like crypto fans. Let's finish the disposal of non core assets and let's focus on what's left and grind.

#540 Blackobar

Blackobar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 05:18 PM

Still a large chunk to dispose off, more depressed share price, I hope the board starts the share buy back for us to see any upward movement, it shouldnt cost a lot of cash at the current levels

They are still holding a sizable chunk indeed. What's promising is that there are buyers out there buying. Alot of sellers and alot of buyers, once We've shaken off the sellers, we'll see positive movement on the share price. Hoping management stops gifting themselves with those bonuses.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting