15225 replies to this topic

#4161 Olymphia

Olymphia

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 06 June 2021 - 11:30 AM

Hamiltons claim is R14 bil and my prediction only have the support of 20% of share holders about 850 mil shares which makes a claim of R16 per share so even if they get the 18% of the claim that makes the value to shareholders after deduction of the Hamilton cut R2,1 bil which equates to R2.55 per share. If however they agreed and settlement done the share price will jump to R12 which is much more than the R2.55.

So Zanme you should be upset with the financial institutions that want money back guarantee and support Hamiltons at the cost of their investors and not with LDP which is trying his best to get all this sorted.

Don't they need a 25% shareholders representation?

#4162 Olymphia

Olymphia

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 06 June 2021 - 11:29 AM

Hamiltons claim is R14 bil and my prediction only have the support of 20% of share holders about 850 mil shares which makes a claim of R16 per share so even if they get the 18% of the claim that makes the value to shareholders after deduction of the Hamilton cut R2,1 bil which equates to R2.55 per share. If however they agreed and settlement done the share price will jump to R12 which is much more than the R2.55.

So Zanme you should be upset with the financial institutions that want money back guarantee and support Hamiltons at the cost of their investors and not with LDP which is trying his best to get all this sorted.

Don't they need a 25% shareholders representation?

#4163 KP7

KP7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 06 June 2021 - 08:26 AM

Easier to keep a little rubber boat floating in your bathtub than a vessel manned by 120k employees, in high seas out in the Atlantic.

If anyone on this forum was in the hot seat, Polly’s big fat zero would have come in 2018:D 

#4164 DeltaHedge

DeltaHedge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 05 June 2021 - 11:36 PM

Thanks for the spam Zanme and for quoting yourself. You are in a good company of 1.

Lol

#4165 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 05 June 2021 - 11:16 PM

#4166 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 05 June 2021 - 10:59 PM

Hamilton appears to have no concerns about the size of the settlement pot but is extremely concerned about the “discriminatory” way it is being divided up between MPCs and CCs.

Dont fool yourself Hamiltons are getting 15% (as per news article) of the claim value therefore the more money the settlement the more money they make.

By them contesting and maybe causing further dalays in settlement will simp,y make SNH more poorer due toc high interest rates and legal costs. So I personally dont think this is the best interest for share holders.

#4167 Sleepwa123

Sleepwa123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 05 June 2021 - 07:46 PM

Thanks for the spam Zanme and for quoting yourself. You are in a good company of 1.

#4168 Zanme

Zanme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 05 June 2021 - 03:10 PM

“There is no principle under South African law that the perpetrators of fraud are shielded from liability to shareholders,” says Hamilton.

These guys should run Steinhoff

All I can say to the pom pom boys girls that great minds think alike and fools seldom differ. Im in good company here.

#4169 Zanme

Zanme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 05 June 2021 - 03:02 PM

Hamilton appears to have no concerns about the size of the settlement pot but is extremely concerned about the “discriminatory” way it is being divided up between MPCs and CCs.

“There is no principle under South African law that the perpetrators of fraud are shielded from liability to shareholders,” says Hamilton.

These guys should run Steinhoff

#4170 Zanme

Zanme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 05 June 2021 - 02:59 PM

What is the latest on the hamilton saga. Is that finalised. They were a big concern as they were not just shareholders but they sold their business for shares. Question is could the sale ever be reversed? If this is settled them grest. But if not...whats the impact on settlement amd would that irritate creditors to launch a counter and require majority debt settlement....

#4171 Zanme

Zanme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 05 June 2021 - 02:57 PM

Zanme, you are obviously getting your balls handed to u on a plate. You must have bought more at the higher price on this recent spike, listen bud sell out and move on, ranting to the group and spreading bad vibes about steinhoff is not Laka, we have heard it all before and we know more than well what you think. If Louis is making a killing, so what ? Lucky him and I think he deserves it if he saves this company.

Not only is it Byzantine in its complexity, but the seemingly favourable treatment given to Wiese has prompted suspicions that the current board is in cahoots with former decision-makers.

#4172 Zanme

Zanme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 05 June 2021 - 02:57 PM

Zanme, you are obviously getting your balls handed to u on a plate. You must have bought more at the higher price on this recent spike, listen bud sell out and move on, ranting to the group and spreading bad vibes about steinhoff is not Laka, we have heard it all before and we know more than well what you think. If Louis is making a killing, so what ? Lucky him and I think he deserves it if he saves this company.

Having ‘over-trusted’ initially, many of the ordinary shareholders (the MPCs) are not inclined to be caught out a second time. Few of those prepared to talk express much trust in the recovery process being led by current CEO Louis du Preez.

#4173 Zanme

Zanme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 05 June 2021 - 02:55 PM

What is the latest on the hamilton saga. Is that finalised. They were a big concern as they were not just shareholders but they sold their business for shares. Question is could the sale ever be reversed? If this is settled them grest. But if not...whats the impact on settlement amd would that irritate creditors to launch a counter and require majority debt settlement....

Hamilton says the proposed payout to Wiese-related entities of R7.9 billion would be reduced to R1 billion if it was made at the same rate as its clients are getting. Similarly GT Ferreira’s proposed R421 million payout would be cut to just R29 million.

#4174 Zanme

Zanme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 05 June 2021 - 02:46 PM

Hi Zanme you are correct my prediction is at end the holding will look like this:

Pepkor: 30 %, MF: 30%, Greenlit Brands after IPO: 30% and PEPCO: 55% with a rights issue at end to pay about Eur 2.5 bil left over debt.

So be ready for this!!!

Ho I love green beer!!!

So rights issues are not done for free. Are you saying a 2.5 billion Euro rights issue? R40 billion rights issue?

That is 5 times the market capitalisation of the company.

After the handout of the shares?

If that happens Steinhoff will drop a lot from current levels.

So current Market cap is R8 billion. To follow rights shareholders must put in R40 billion.

Assets that they will have will be worth R80 billion.

What will the debt be? If there is no group debt we looking at less than 100 percent increase in value for shareholders?

Doesn't sound great to me considering the money that you still have to put in.

Depending on the rights price. But if it is done at 90 cents the market cap of the company will be around R4 billion before the rights.So at that price if you don't follow the rights. Current shareholders will hold 10 percent in the group.

Which will equal to R8 billion therefore zero uplift for shareholders.

Why would there be a need for a rights issue.

If Pepkor could pay down debt of R6 billion in one year. Pepco could do the same. So an obvious thing that should be done before the handouts are done move all the debt into in the operating companies. Otherwise current shareholders will see very little uplift unless you follow the rights in which case you might see a maximum 100 percent increase. To follow the rights on that scale if you have R100k. You have to be ready to put down R800k. Its big numbers.

#4175 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 05 June 2021 - 02:09 PM

But do the shares get canceled of the litigants?

I don't think so, the payout is just the compensation for the loss. So if they keep the shares then they will eventually recover in 5 years time.

#4176 Zanme

Zanme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 05 June 2021 - 01:57 PM

Hi Zanme you are correct my prediction is at end the holding will look like this:

Pepkor: 30 %, MF: 30%, Greenlit Brands after IPO: 30% and PEPCO: 55% with a rights issue at end to pay about Eur 2.5 bil left over debt.

So be ready for this!!!

Ho I love green beer!!!

But do the shares get canceled of the litigants?

#4177 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 05 June 2021 - 01:49 PM

Brilliant assets. That have been chipped away. STEINHOFF even owned a meaningful stake in PSG its gone. It will only own 50 percent of Pepkor soon. Pepco will be diluted as well.

Pepkor: 30 %, MF: 30%, Greenlit Brands after IPO: 30% and PEPCO: 55% with a rights issue at end to pay  about Eur 2.5 bil left over debt.

So be ready for this!!!

Ho I love green beer!!!

#4178 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 05 June 2021 - 01:45 PM

No rants from the mini skirt guys. But does anyone know if Wiese cry me a river and Ferreira and all the Stellenbosch will keep their shares after the settlement. Because they should not. Its either or.

Hahaha looks like your case of green beer is finished!

Best is go buy another one to calm you down because if you continue next you will be loosing your health into a box after a massive heart attack.

#4179 Zanme

Zanme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 05 June 2021 - 01:18 PM

Brilliant assets. That have been chipped away. STEINHOFF even owned a meaningful stake in PSG its gone. It will only own 50 percent of Pepkor soon. Pepco will be diluted as well.

No rants from the mini skirt guys. But does anyone know if Wiese cry me a river and Ferreira and all the Stellenbosch will keep their shares after the settlement. Because they should not. Its either or.

#4180 Zanme

Zanme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 05 June 2021 - 01:15 PM

By the end of June we'll have clear picture of what is happening..stay strong and Hold . I've been as frustrated..SNH got great assets

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting