15225 replies to this topic

#5201 Sleepwa123

Sleepwa123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 10 February 2021 - 01:33 PM

If I understand it correctly, problem is that an unqualified audit will only come into play at the end of the year?

The non-instituional investors should have enough behind them to make this climb significantly before that though.

#5202 Everlearning

Everlearning

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 10 February 2021 - 12:56 PM

Sleepwa123, you could be right, the reason for the delay could be either of the 2 scenarios. Having read the Judgement handed down last week, if I were Conservatorium, I would definately be looking for some form of compromise with SNH as the Judgement did not do their case any good!

As far as institutional investment is concerned at the moment, I don't think there is much taking place. They will want to wait for definative confirmation of the settlement being approved and confirmation that it can begin taking place.

Also, they would need the Financials to be "unqualifed"! , This is major as mosty funds and institutions are prohibited in terms of their investment mandates from investing in Companies whose audits have been qualified. 

So I dont believe we are seeing much institutional investment at the moment. Seeing the size of the trades, I believe we have some 'profit taking' taking place and smaller guys mopping up not wanting to miss the bus.

Just my observation and of course, I hope I'm right but who knows ???

#5203 Sleepwa123

Sleepwa123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 10 February 2021 - 12:35 PM

I see it going one of 2 ways:

1. Out of court settlement as discussed here

2. Both parties asked for additional time as Fridays judgement altered their approaches significantly enough that it required additional time. They couldn't approach the court sooner as they were bound by confidentiality until the judgement was made public.

I am hopeful that Conservatorium concede so we can be on our way. I have read that they are perhaps keen on the settlement being paid into an independent facility until such time that a court determines their/Wiese's rights to the settlement. Not sure if this is indeed a sticking point.   

#5204 sommerso

sommerso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 10 February 2021 - 12:02 PM

So if we are correct in our assumption that the reason the joint request by SNH and Conservatorium to the court for a delay to the 15th was for them work out an agreement, we should within the next day or two have a SENS anouncing this.

I don't think there was any other reason for the delay!

Then, I believe we are going to see another rally!!!

Would the larger institutional money manipulate and subdue the price to accumulate on the good news?  Or is that what they doing now in anticipation of the news and then releasing the breaks? 

#5205 Everlearning

Everlearning

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 10 February 2021 - 11:51 AM

So if we are correct in our assumption that the reason the joint request by SNH and Conservatorium to the court for a delay to the 15th was for them work out an agreement, we should within the next day or two have a SENS anouncing this.

I don't think there was any other reason for the delay!

Then, I believe we are going to see another rally!!!

#5206 DeltaHedge

DeltaHedge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 10 February 2021 - 08:10 AM

Do you guys rate the short interest would be high here ? I don't believe the data I saw @ 6% of float.

#5207 DeltaHedge

DeltaHedge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 10 February 2021 - 08:10 AM

Do you guys rate the short interest would be high here ? I don't believe the data I saw @ 6% of float.

#5208 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 10 February 2021 - 05:37 AM

Haha Lionel you must have been on green beer therapy!!! I agree with you soon this all mess will be sorted.

Trust u closed all your short positions my friend.

Going on prehistoric data and whats about to give, Milo's flying saucer is about to take off  :D

I feel my useless ldp is going to pull the rabbit out the hat on this one.

Hang on to your seatbelts boys and girls

#5209 CasualTrader

CasualTrader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 09 February 2021 - 02:20 PM

Hi, also new here. Good to be part of likeminded Steinhoff positive investors. 

In the red with this share and need to hit R2.57 to break even. For interest sake also hold Sasol, EOH, ArcelorMittal and couple of other not worth mentioning shares. 

#5210 DOA123

DOA123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 09 February 2021 - 09:32 AM

Firstly thank you to everyone who keeps posting here :) this is my go to page for news and updates !

Secondly I don't think I understand trade gate, so if you go to the last tab on trade gate it shows order volumes and so on, why does the share price decrease when orders are place?

Like one order is placed for 30 000 at 0.11 then the next for 20 000 at 0.109,

If someone could explain that would be awesome.

Edited by DOA123, 09 February 2021 - 09:33 AM.

#5211 DeltaHedge

DeltaHedge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 09 February 2021 - 09:14 AM

Theres still some people that think Steinhoff is a piece of crap. I don't understand how they cannot see the value here. 

#5212 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 08 February 2021 - 07:21 PM

This is now ldp's territory.... I reckon he's gonna pull something Outta the bag

R3 baby

Haha Lionel you must have been on green beer therapy!!! I agree with you soon this all mess will be sorted.

#5213 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 08 February 2021 - 07:18 PM

Yup... Somebody got impatient and dumped

I anticipate a run up in price again

This is all algorithm trading symptom. Typical news comes case postpone machines see it as negative and sell signal given. Because there are so many machines running they flood the market with selling orders and price falls, Then the human come in a see no the news is actually not bad and reset the machines to a buy side then it all start again.

#5214 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 08 February 2021 - 07:11 PM

It smells to me like an out-of-court settlement. Presumably a settlement this week and a coming postponement in Amsterdam.

Yes I agree with you Squideye and thanks for being so sharp with the news.

#5215 Africa1962

Africa1962

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 08 February 2021 - 06:12 PM

Wonder if they are buying time to try reach an agreement out of court...

MxM these little postponements...1st twas 27th Jan, then 8 Feb, then 15 FEb...and then...?   when you look and look again it is December ..and so it goes on...since 2017......i am a bit fatigued.....too the moon...yeah right...going to look away for a month.....if the Steiny magnet will let me....

#5216 KP7

KP7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 08 February 2021 - 04:49 PM

Hahaha, not sure if I’m missing the usual SNH Chat jargon....."LDP and the incompetent Management"

Or "Polly’s Big Fat Zero is coming"

Oh well, at least we still have green beer :D

#5217 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 08 February 2021 - 02:58 PM

I have noticed that those boys overseas seem to be very trigger happy. Lots and lots of pumping and dumping.

Oh yea..... There's some itchy fingers out there, itchy fingers and excited balls haha

This baby is going to explode pretty soon

#5218 Leadingedge

Leadingedge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 08 February 2021 - 02:33 PM

I have noticed that those boys overseas seem to be very trigger happy. Lots and lots of pumping and dumping.

#5219 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 08 February 2021 - 02:33 PM

This is now ldp's territory.... I reckon he's gonna pull something Outta the bag

R3 baby

#5220 Lionelza1

Lionelza1

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 08 February 2021 - 02:30 PM

I am going to be an optimist on this sense and see it as a good thing.

Maybe Conservatorium Holdings realised that after last weeks ruling they are going to waste everyone's time and SNH realsied they could now ask them to sit down and discuss options on their claims. I hope the next sens is to say that SNH and Conservatorium Holdings have agree terms that both parties are happy with and that is the end of that. Claims settled and we can all go buy ourselves something nice with the profits we made for all these years of hell while holding to this bloody share.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting