#7261 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 27 January 2020 - 11:48 AM

https://www.sharenet...00&seq=2&scode=

Very good credit rating for Pepkor SA. This will impact Steinhoff's credit rating going forward. Very good news.

#7262 MrGermanGuy

MrGermanGuy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 04:30 PM

Andy,

Sounds not too unrealistic,

next months will lead the way with the legal deal.....

I think management is following this plan. I wrote this up beginning of August last year. I now added in blue what happened so far:

"So I personally think the following will happen until the end of 2021:

Net debt lies at 9,1 Billion @ 10% p.a. for 3 years we will sit at around 11.5 Billion debt at the end of Dez 2021. No change yet

I think selling Unitrans will bring 500 Million - Unitrans sold - Proceeds not released yet

Selling the Hemisphere properties another 800 Million - Can't find much info on this. However I think they where sold

EBITDA from the operating entities for 3 years: 2,5 Billion (Assuming they keep 71% of Pepkor Europe) - 2019 to be release soon (However expecting about 900 Million EBITDA excl. MF). On track with this

Selling Greenlit 500 Million - Half of Greenlit sold, I'm expecting an announcement soon that other half will be sold off as well. Proceeds not yet released

IPO Pepkor Europe and sell 29% will bring 1,2 Billion - This will happen at the end of this year, hope they will not IPO more then 29%

Other- Can't give an exact number but might bring some Euros. Smaller sales where made, however I have no amounts

So taking all these steps Steinhoff would sit at 6 Billion debt by the end of 2021. Which would be refinanced by way better terms given the SUM of Parts value. I still think that 6 Billion debt is sustainable for Steinhoff in the long run at reasonable interest rates

By 2021 I would think that the businesses have the following Value: (Valuation is based on different EBITDA multiples)

Pepkor EU: 3,2 Billion (71%) 

STAR: 4 Billion (71%) 

Confo: 1 Billion (45%)

Mattress: 1.1 Billion (45%)

Total SUM-PARTS VALUE of Steinhoff holdings = 9,3 Billion. I still see this as reasonable for the end of 2021.

So at the end of 2021 they would have a serious good asset base to get cheaper loans. 

Biggest Issue are the legal claims which are the main focus now from management so hopefully we won'T see too many settlements and if there are settlements that these are shared between auditors banks etc. 

Here I hope a solution will be found in due course. Hopefully the white knight refers to a thrid party which will also be liable to settle any claims. (Banks, auditors, advisers etc.) I still do believe tho that the total claim will lie around 0.5 and 1 Billion € for Steinhoff.

Even though we haven't heard anything new since November 2019 from management. One can see there is substantial progress being made at all levels. 

The above is just my opinion and no recommendation to buy or sell Steinhoff shares.

#7263 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 02:26 PM

https://www.sharenet...24140000&seq=32

Strong results from Pepkor SA. PLUS 7.6% in Q1 Revenue

Fintech division has reported a 44.4% increase.

#7264 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 12:14 PM

I think management is following this plan. I wrote this up beginning of August last year. I now added in blue what happened so far:

"So I personally think the following will happen until the end of 2021:

Net debt lies at 9,1 Billion @ 10% p.a. for 3 years we will sit at around 11.5 Billion debt at the end of Dez 2021. No change yet

I think selling Unitrans will bring 500 Million - Unitrans sold - Proceeds not released yet

Selling the Hemisphere properties another 800 Million - Can't find much info on this. However I think they where sold

EBITDA from the operating entities for 3 years: 2,5 Billion (Assuming they keep 71% of Pepkor Europe) - 2019 to be release soon (However expecting about 900 Million EBITDA excl. MF). On track with this

Selling Greenlit 500 Million - Half of Greenlit sold, I'm expecting an announcement soon that other half will be sold off as well. Proceeds not yet released

IPO Pepkor Europe and sell 29% will bring 1,2 Billion - This will happen at the end of this year, hope they will not IPO more then 29%

Other- Can't give an exact number but might bring some Euros. Smaller sales where made, however I have no amounts

So taking all these steps Steinhoff would sit at 6 Billion debt by the end of 2021. Which would be refinanced by way better terms given the SUM of Parts value. I still think that 6 Billion debt is sustainable for Steinhoff in the long run at reasonable interest rates

By 2021 I would think that the businesses have the following Value: (Valuation is based on different EBITDA multiples)

Pepkor EU: 3,2 Billion (71%) 

STAR: 4 Billion (71%) 

Confo: 1 Billion (45%)

Mattress: 1.1 Billion (45%)

Total SUM-PARTS VALUE of Steinhoff holdings = 9,3 Billion. I still see this as reasonable for the end of 2021.

So at the end of 2021 they would have a serious good asset base to get cheaper loans. 

Biggest Issue are the legal claims which are the main focus now from management so hopefully we won'T see too many settlements and if there are settlements that these are shared between auditors banks etc. 

Here I hope a solution will be found in due course. Hopefully the white knight refers to a thrid party which will also be liable to settle any claims. (Banks, auditors, advisers etc.) I still do believe tho that the total claim will lie around 0.5 and 1 Billion € for Steinhoff.

Even though we haven't heard anything new since November 2019 from management. One can see there is substantial progress being made at all levels. 

The above is just my opinion and no recommendation to buy or sell Steinhoff shares.

#7265 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 09:32 PM

Hope you right - I have been holding on for ages

Its all about time now. There is a great team steering the ship now into calmer waters.

#7266 Motivated

Motivated

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 02:19 PM

Hi Captain,

Haha yes indeed it was excellent vision we had that´s the difference between investing and betting.

Investing is having the ability to ignore noise and focus on future potential. I still maintain SNH is a R20 to R30 share in time.

It is nearly done now just waiting for dividends.

Regards,

DTD

Hope you right - I have been holding on for ages

#7267 Captainfrom82

Captainfrom82

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 12:41 PM

I have been asked to post something on this forum to confirm that the Captainfrom82 who is on the Ariva.de (German forum) is indeed me.

I hope this satisfies your request.

Thank you for formalising the request, SealChen.

Best Regards

Captainfrom82

#7268 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 08:28 PM

Thank you for this Mr GermanGuy,

It certainly looks like the tide has turned.  Marshall Wace as well as Landsdowne Partners are significant players in the short sellers  market.  It is extremely interesting to see that they have exited their short positions based on the risk they perceive. 

DTD, you must be pleased.  All going to plan mate! 

Do you recall us discussing almost to the letter, the successful completion of the CVA, quick unbundling and sale of some assets, the turn around of Mattress Firm, the sale of the the Aussie unit, IPO of PepCo.  We were correct of every single one.  (We spoke of the PepCo IPO in Dec 2018).

Still to be done:

1. the litigation settlement,

2. unbundling and hopefully sale of Conforama

3. Reduction in debt (quite possibly through a share issue - I have mixed feelings about this but will wait for the full details)

Whoever is going to be foolish enough to bet against this monster Steinhoff management team, does so at their own risk!

Regards

Captainfrom82

Hi Captain,

Haha yes indeed it was excellent vision we had that´s the difference between investing and betting.

Investing is having the ability to ignore noise and focus on future potential. I still maintain SNH is a R20 to R30 share in time.

It is nearly done now just waiting for dividends.

Regards,

DTD

#7269 Captainfrom82

Captainfrom82

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 20 January 2020 - 08:47 AM

http://shortsell.nl/...fInternatio/all

europe has no shorts involved anymore, too risky if the game of the management plays out this year....

Thank you for this Mr GermanGuy,

It certainly looks like the tide has turned.  Marshall Wace as well as Landsdowne Partners are significant players in the short sellers  market.  It is extremely interesting to see that they have exited their short positions based on the risk they perceive. 

DTD, you must be pleased.  All going to plan mate! 

Do you recall us discussing almost to the letter, the successful completion of the CVA, quick unbundling and sale of some assets, the turn around of Mattress Firm, the sale of the the Aussie unit, IPO of PepCo.  We were correct of every single one.  (We spoke of the PepCo IPO in Dec 2018).

Still to be done:

1. the litigation settlement,

2. unbundling and hopefully sale of Conforama

3. Reduction in debt (quite possibly through a share issue - I have mixed feelings about this but will wait for the full details)

Whoever is going to be foolish enough to bet against this monster Steinhoff management team, does so at their own risk!

Regards

Captainfrom82

#7270 MrGermanGuy

MrGermanGuy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 19 January 2020 - 05:39 PM

http://shortsell.nl/...fInternatio/all

europe has no shorts involved anymore, too risky if the game of the management plays out this year....

#7271 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 10:18 AM

The sales figure qouted below are new since the 2019 agreement. What we not certain of is the profit margin and imPact on other bed lines.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

#7272 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 10:12 AM

The sales figure qouted below are new since the 2019 agreement. What we not certain of is the profit margin and imPact on other bed lines.

#7273 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 07:21 AM

IN do you know how this compares to sales ST previous year?

Tempur Sealy sales to Mattress Firm of $80 million-plus in the fourth quarter.....

#7274 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 08:34 PM

Tempur Sealy sales to Mattress Firm of $80 million-plus in the fourth quarter.....

#7275 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 15 January 2020 - 08:12 PM

It sadly looks like everyone has lost interest...

Not really, no significant news to report on. Its a waiting game....

#7276 LarryK

LarryK

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 15 January 2020 - 01:34 PM

It sadly looks like everyone has lost interest...

#7277 Tom

Tom

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 15 January 2020 - 09:47 AM

Steinhoff accounting scandal In the model proceedings pursuant to the German Capital Investor Model Proceedings Act (KapMuG) against Steinhoff International Holdings N.V. (“Steinhoff”) (file no. 23 Kap 1/19), the Higher Regional Court of Frankfurt determined the model plaintiff by order of 30 July 2019 and scheduled a hearing for 18 December 2019. Investors must file their claims within six months to participate in the KapMuG proceedings. The KapMuG proceedings shall determine whether Steinhoff is liable to pay damages to investors due to violation of ad hoc obligations. The claimants accuse Steinhoff of having failed to inform the capital markets about balance sheet manipulations amounting to several billion euros (In 2015 and 2016 Steinhoff declared 34.5 and 32.5 billion Euros of assets, but eventually admitted it was fraudulent, and declared 15 billion Euros of assets, however the actual number is much less). Further proceedings are pending in South Africa and the Netherlands. In South Africa, a class action suit is pending before the High Court in Johannesburg against Steinhoff, which is also directed against banks and auditors. In the Netherlands, a declaratory action by a shareholders’ association is pending.

#7278 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 11:54 AM

Thanks for the link. This shows again that management has planned this in detail and no fire sales have been made up to today. I hope only 25% will be sold via an IPO. 

#7279 MrGermanGuy

MrGermanGuy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 11:13 PM

IPO

coming

https://search.gleif...0DT5XZRFXCVM779

#7280 Milo

Milo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 12:11 PM

Good time to buy Steinhoff shares now? Have been flat line for a long time on 80 bouncing off it 

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting