15225 replies to this topic

#8121 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 05 July 2019 - 10:18 PM

It’s funny. The lawyers caused the share price to drop with their lawsuit and the shareholders by selling it short. Now they claiming money for the drop they caused.

I personally think Steinhoff must sue them for the share price drop. :D 

The biggest joke the lawyers never invested in SNH had absolutely no risk all they had to do was spend sometime coaching shareholders how bad they got done and the need to fight back and get big bucks back for compensation because shareholders are only designed to make money upwards and all losses you can claim back provided you give lawyers a big fat cheque!!! Remember court are run by old boys lawyers so all a big game!! Making sure the law trade get income so allow shareholders to sue their company!!!

So the gullible shareholders are now giving them a big fat profit at they cost of keeping the share down. Then they call this clever investing. HAHA time for green beer!!!!

Edited by DayTraderDad, 05 July 2019 - 10:19 PM.

#8122 Milo

Milo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 05 July 2019 - 01:34 PM

It’s funny. The lawyers caused the share price to drop with their lawsuit and the shareholders by selling it short. Now they claiming money for the drop they caused.

I personally think Steinhoff must sue them for the share price drop. :D 

#8123 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 05 July 2019 - 12:34 PM

An example where the auditor was fined: 

https://www.ft.com/c...ce-8b459ed04726

So the fraud occurred somewhat in 2013 and the investigation started 2016. So it took them 3 years to solve the issue.

So in Steinhoff's case where everything is way more complex I doubt that any legal decision will be finalised within the next 3 years to come.

I think people are making too much of the claims because this is going to be very complicated and in 10 years time we will still be reading about it. There are claims against lots of parties this going to be a nightmare for the courts.

For me once the debt is restructured and strong balance sheet is again available (after deconsolidation of MF, Confo  and maybe Greenlit Brands) SNH will be able to borrow at low rates again and with a EBITDA over E1 Bil will be able to service the debt. It will resume paying dividends and the share price will recover.

As Pepkor Europe grows eventually the EBITDA will be over E1.5 bil so the claims for damages will reduce because the share price will recover considerably.

Anyway my thoughts!!!

H

#8124 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 05 July 2019 - 12:19 PM

The fine is a pittance but supports the process.
Delloitte going to have to demonstrate their ininvolvement...and theyre going to bear a big brunt of settlement...billions

Sent from my SM-G950F using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

#8125 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 05 July 2019 - 11:59 AM

An example where the auditor was fined: 

https://www.ft.com/c...ce-8b459ed04726

So the fraud occurred somewhat in 2013 and the investigation started 2016. So it took them 3 years to solve the issue.

So in Steinhoff's case where everything is way more complex I doubt that any legal decision will be finalised within the next 3 years to come.

#8126 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 05 July 2019 - 09:15 AM

When do the 3 years of LUA actually begin ? Was that already last year or only with completion of the CVA ?

#8127 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 01:58 PM

Wikifolio Comments:

KursTrendCom (KTRENDIT): I'm really too stupid to understand the "market" here. Steinhoff closes a CVA with the creditors and "the market" keeps dropping the share. Or does "the market" really believe that this CVA will still divorce? The management simply delays it until it is no longer possible. The PIK interest only accrues from implementation (subsequently negotiated). With compound interest, this may amount to a value of more than € 50 million per month. A CVA is an agreement that assures the company that it can exist and make a profit. According to the proposal, it then secures 59% of the creditor's debts completely secured. Especially the unsecured debts will lose some of their value. The implementation is only a matter of days. Since the agreement was signed already in December 18 and there were only 4 changes left, it would be possible that already in the Habjahreszahlen 19 some is contained. If debt were to fall and, for example, mattress firm revalued, the book value could also rise again very significantly. In this situation at the price to sell I reverberated for really incomprehensible, but there are also hardly any sales and thus probably above all a back and forth gamble.  (04.07. 12:05) 

#8128 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 01:55 PM

Will see it closer and more on the day. Market frazzled...

USA markets closed for the 4th July.

#8129 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 01:39 PM

I'm really surprised that the share price is going nowhere.

I'm expecting really good results for HJ 1 with a positive Equity and an operating profit.

Is there something I'm missing? Of course the litigation have a dark cloud over the share price but that's not gonna impact Steinhoff in the short term. Those legal cases will take years to be finalized.

Will see it closer and more on the day. Market frazzled...

#8130 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 12:48 PM

I'm really surprised that the share price is going nowhere. 

I'm expecting really good results for HJ 1 with a positive Equity and an operating profit. 

Is there something I'm missing? Of course the litigation have a dark cloud over the share price but that's not gonna impact Steinhoff in the short term. Those legal cases will take years to be finalized. 

#8131 Milo

Milo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 10:55 AM

No more gaps to close. The only way is up.

#8132 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 09:18 AM

Mhh looks like the silence continues. 8 days to go. . .

#8133 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 05:19 PM

May to Jun shareholding.

No major changes in the top 10, apart from SSBTC

What I do not understand, the Clearstream holder, increases every month. Since I started keeping record in Nov 2018, it increase with 249 052 971 shares. As far as I know, this is the link between the two exchanges.

Hi Buble tank you for posting the info.

The article below explain a little maybe someone has more knowledge on it. To me seems more share leaving SA.

https://www.sharenet...605_S399715.pdf

"As a result of the FSE and JSE listings, the Company’s shareholders are able to hold their shares
in the Company either on the JSE or the FSE. The JSE held shares are administrated in South
Africa by Computershare Transfer Secretaries (Pty) Ltd (“Computershare”), whilst the FSE held
shares are managed through Clearstream Banking S.A. Luxembourg (“Clearstream”). "

Edited by DayTraderDad, 03 July 2019 - 05:20 PM.

#8134 Bubble

Bubble

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 04:52 PM

May to Jun shareholding.

No major changes in the top 10, apart from SSBTC

What I do not understand, the Clearstream holder, increases every month. Since I started keeping record in Nov 2018, it increase with 249 052 971 shares. As far as I know, this is the link between the two exchanges.

Attached Files

• Attached File  SNH.JPG   71.51KB   13 downloads

Edited by Bubble, 03 July 2019 - 04:55 PM.

#8135 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 03:07 PM

When will restructuring be finalised...what is the window.... this may be sooner than anticipated...last week of july?
Does not necessarily have to be concluded in aug?

The answer to that is in the quote below from the SENS yesterday.

All will depend on the " Implementation Notice Date" which if restructuring to be done by 31 July tomorrow is 20 days

"Preparation for the internal reorganisation within the SEAG cluster has commenced and it is currently expected that this extension to the CVA Long-Stop Date under the CVAs will provide sufficient time to complete the relevant reorganisation steps that are required to be undertaken prior to the closing of the Restructuring and to complete any other necessary outstanding matters prior to the Implementation Notice Date. It is also expected that once the Implementation Conditions Notice is issued, the closing of the Restructuring will occur approximately 20 Business Days later.

The objective of the Group remains to complete the restructuring as soon as possible and ahead of the new CVA Long-Stop Date."

#8136 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 01:27 PM

When will restructuring be finalised...what is the window.... this may be sooner than anticipated...last week of july?
Does not necessarily have to be concluded in aug?

#8137 new john

new john

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 01:08 PM

Silence before the storm?

Volumes on 126c. Buyers are wary, my opinion is investors feel there's going to be better opportunities to buy here. Perhaps not in keeping with a rise on the lead up to news this time. 

#8138 andi222

andi222

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 12:22 PM

Silence before the storm?

#8139 DayTraderDad

DayTraderDad

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 10:32 AM

03.07.2019 ( www.4investors.de ) - The next technical attempt to break out of the Steinhoff share failed. Yesterday, upward movements of the SDAX-listed stock of the trading group ended at 0.0821 euros at the latest. With 0.0801 Euro and 2.2 percent daily minus then it went for Steinhoff's share price in the XETRA closing time. Current indications for the Steinhoff share on Wednesday morning are quoted at 0.080 / 0.081 Euro and do not look much better. Once again technical hurdles under 0.083 Euro and 0.085 Euro could not be critically attacked. Yesterday's Tuesday was the fifth day of trading in a row with failures in that hurdle zone.

Steinhoff News, which is relevant for the price, has not been seen this morning. In August, on the other hand, there will be a whole bunch of dates. The following are available: quarterly figures, an analyst meeting and the main annual meeting.

It remains more than ever after yesterday's trading day: At least for the short-term tendency in the share certificate of the company would be an outbreak signal to the resistance below 0.083 euros and 0.085 euros of great importance. This leaves everything as sketched last. After slipping to 0.0742 euros, the Steinhoff share was able to catch and stabilize just above the all-time low (0.071 euros). There are opportunities for a technical countermovement, but this would have the stock price, the various obstacles between 0.0799 € and 0.0816 / 0.0825 and yesterday's daily high at 0.083 € stably overcome. If this succeeds and there are EUR 0.085 subsequent purchase signals, the scenario of a recovery speculation would be paved the way. How far such a fantasy would last, however, remains to be seen.

Everything is currently waiting for a possible breakthrough in the direction of 10 cents. If the outbreak does not continue, however, it could come again to a test of the support zones at and above the all-time low. On the way down to the all-time low at 0.071 euros, there is an intermediate support for Steinhoff's share price at and above 0.0742 / 0.0745 euros.

#8140 Investment novice

Investment novice

The Oracle

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 05:50 PM

Haha
Because I bought 100 000 at 128c
Sorry
:) :) :)

Got mine on close